“parking lot, not a hotel”

Travelodge Sea-Tac Airport North
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Ontario
“parking lot, not a hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is a parking lot for people looking to fly out of Seattle, the owners charge $8 a day to park here. Sure you can rent a room, but you're lucky if the A/c works, and the tv has a remote, and the noisy neighbors let you sleep. Both rooms I looked at had cigarette burn marks on the night tables, and one even had a small plastic baggie with some odd crystal remains leftover inside.
Location is great for the airport, but I didn't have anything really bad happen due to the locals.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

We picked this hotel for a week long trip to Seattle because it was affordable compared to the downtown area. The room was clean and the staff was friendly for the most part. However, hotel pickup when we got to the airport was very slow. We had to call the hotel to request someone to pick us up. The major problem with the hotel is the neighborhood. Four nights out of our stay the cops were called to the restaurant right across the street from our room and people on the street were doing "questionable activities." There are even signs in the neighborhood saying you are on camera because of drug and prostitute activity in the area. The only good things about the hotel are that they offer wifi, are cheap and close to light rail. I would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shaytravels

Travelers are raving about these Tukwila hotels

Anacortes, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I checked in late for an early flight, booked online for $51 which included free parking and a 15% discount. When I got there they then told me that parking was not free, I had to pay $93 for this mold infested [--] hole of a room. Seriously there is mold all over the ceiling in the bathroom, holes in the walls, just nasty. But the best part was hearing all the drunks swearing and singing at 2-3 in the morning. Shadey characters hanging around this place, no doubt prostitutes with their johns. Got next to NO sleep. My teenage kids were even afraid of this place! Atleast the shuttle got us to the airport on time. I have come to the conclusion that there are no decent hotels in Sea-tac and next time I will just use a park and fly without an overnight stay at the nasty hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anacortes42
SeattlePinder, General Manager at Travelodge Sea-Tac Airport North, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
I'm concerned about the your recent stay and ,you experienced at our hotel Travelodge Seatac during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy because we did not offer you free airport Parking , Actually you never book PARK FLY SLEEP PACKAGE . Get Free parking must need to book this package .

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Travelodge Seatac WA
Spokane, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Avoid this hotel at all costs! This was the filthiest hotel I had ever seen! From the Cheetos wrapper, mystery stains and stabbing-like rips in the sheets, to towel bars ripped off the walls, rust stains in the bathtub...you name a problem and this hotel had it! Not to mention I did not even get the amenities that were listed on the reservation. When I complained to management they simply said "sorry you didn't like our hotel." Yeah, well, I don't enjoy staying in hotels that look like someone was just murdered inside and the staff didn't even bother to clean up. It was embarrassing and horrifying to even have booked this room thinking that management would take enough pride in making sure that the room was CLEAN! Not to mention large, thuggish men were strolling around the parking lot and arguing outside of my room all night. I couldn't sleep at all. TERRIBLE!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AlchemyAlice
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. First off there are seedy people all around the hotel and people passed out in the alleys near here, very unsafe, this is for starters.

Then the receptionist and the Manager gave me the complete wrong directions to getting here twice which made me go an extra hour on the freeway and I had to turn around and go all the way back.

Then I get a room that stunk of smoke, was filthy and had a white stain beside the bed. It was too late to get them to put me in another room. Then when I got in the bed, the sheets hadn't been changed and there were black hairs on the sheets, seriously,, it was disgusting. Then the bed topper stunk of mens BO and had not been changed obviously in a long time. It wast the worst motel I have ever stayed at and I would avoid this place at all costs.

On top of that, I was charged an extra nights stay that I did not authorize and a man screamed at me when I picked up my car and said I had booked the second night, when I did not. I am furious and have contacted a lawyer about this. This type of behavior is not to be tolerated and my cc company will not be allowing the charge, but everyone needs to watch out for these type of seedy places. DO NOT STAY HERE, you have been warned.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank vegaswasgreat
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

We checked in and the girl wasn't overly friendly, but that wasn't a really big deal to us. Went to our room and it was ok, nothing fancy, but it would do for 2 nights. The first night was fine, in terms of noise and quality of sleep. In the morning I woke up and not sure why, but decided to check trip advisor. I was shocked at other peoples stories and advice. When my partner woke up he told me that someone had knocked on our door several times during the night. We both decided to loose our money for the second night and leave. It was a good decision!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank alanadi25
B.C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband,two friends and myself spent two terrible nights here. The first on our way out of town was scary but tolerable. The seedy characters outside were scary and the fact that the lady from the Chinese restaurant kept moving people on was not encouraging.. We left our car there so had to return to pick it up. On arriving at the airport we phoned ,with some difficulty, for the shuttle,25 minutes later I phoned again it took three calls to receive an answer and was then curtly told the she didn't know where the shuttle was and we would have to wait .It did turn up 15 minutes later, the lady driving didn't speak to us until I asked her as we approached the motel about the weather. The desk clerk was just as rude ,no hello etc, and the room we were given was terrible , as other people have commented the chairs etc were filthy the bedspreads dirty etc we slept in our clothes and left first think in the morning,after a sleepless night listening to fights etc in the parking lot. We did complain to the Travelodge corporation who passed on our complaint to the hotel,the manager wrote to us saying he was sorry our stay was not enjoyable,BIG DEAL. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Freda C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Seatac Airport
Coast Gateway Hotel
#3 of 34 in SeaTac
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave
BEST WESTERN Seattle Airport Hotel

Been to Travelodge Sea-Tac Airport North? Share your experiences!