“Parking is NOT FREE!”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Anacortes, Washington
“Parking is NOT FREE!”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I checked in late for an early flight, booked online for $51 which included free parking and a 15% discount. When I got there they then told me that parking was not free, I had to pay $93 for this mold infested [--] hole of a room. Seriously there is mold all over the ceiling in the bathroom, holes in the walls, just nasty. But the best part was hearing all the drunks swearing and singing at 2-3 in the morning. Shadey characters hanging around this place, no doubt prostitutes with their johns. Got next to NO sleep. My teenage kids were even afraid of this place! Atleast the shuttle got us to the airport on time. I have come to the conclusion that there are no decent hotels in Sea-tac and next time I will just use a park and fly without an overnight stay at the nasty hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anacortes42
SeattlePinder, General Manager at Travelodge Sea-Tac Airport North, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
I'm concerned about the your recent stay and ,you experienced at our hotel Travelodge Seatac during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy because we did not offer you free airport Parking , Actually you never book PARK FLY SLEEP PACKAGE . Get Free parking must need to book this package .

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Travelodge Seatac WA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Avoid this hotel at all costs! This was the filthiest hotel I had ever seen! From the Cheetos wrapper, mystery stains and stabbing-like rips in the sheets, to towel bars ripped off the walls, rust stains in the bathtub...you name a problem and this hotel had it! Not to mention I did not even get the amenities that were listed on the reservation. When I complained to management they simply said "sorry you didn't like our hotel." Yeah, well, I don't enjoy staying in hotels that look like someone was just murdered inside and the staff didn't even bother to clean up. It was embarrassing and horrifying to even have booked this room thinking that management would take enough pride in making sure that the room was CLEAN! Not to mention large, thuggish men were strolling around the parking lot and arguing outside of my room all night. I couldn't sleep at all. TERRIBLE!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AlchemyAlice
Reviewed January 14, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. First off there are seedy people all around the hotel and people passed out in the alleys near here, very unsafe, this is for starters.

Then the receptionist and the Manager gave me the complete wrong directions to getting here twice which made me go an extra hour on the freeway and I had to turn around and go all the way back.

Then I get a room that stunk of smoke, was filthy and had a white stain beside the bed. It was too late to get them to put me in another room. Then when I got in the bed, the sheets hadn't been changed and there were black hairs on the sheets, seriously,, it was disgusting. Then the bed topper stunk of mens BO and had not been changed obviously in a long time. It wast the worst motel I have ever stayed at and I would avoid this place at all costs.

On top of that, I was charged an extra nights stay that I did not authorize and a man screamed at me when I picked up my car and said I had booked the second night, when I did not. I am furious and have contacted a lawyer about this. This type of behavior is not to be tolerated and my cc company will not be allowing the charge, but everyone needs to watch out for these type of seedy places. DO NOT STAY HERE, you have been warned.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank vegaswasgreat
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We checked in and the girl wasn't overly friendly, but that wasn't a really big deal to us. Went to our room and it was ok, nothing fancy, but it would do for 2 nights. The first night was fine, in terms of noise and quality of sleep. In the morning I woke up and not sure why, but decided to check trip advisor. I was shocked at other peoples stories and advice. When my partner woke up he told me that someone had knocked on our door several times during the night. We both decided to loose our money for the second night and leave. It was a good decision!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank alanadi25
B.C
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband,two friends and myself spent two terrible nights here. The first on our way out of town was scary but tolerable. The seedy characters outside were scary and the fact that the lady from the Chinese restaurant kept moving people on was not encouraging.. We left our car there so had to return to pick it up. On arriving at the airport we phoned ,with some difficulty, for the shuttle,25 minutes later I phoned again it took three calls to receive an answer and was then curtly told the she didn't know where the shuttle was and we would have to wait .It did turn up 15 minutes later, the lady driving didn't speak to us until I asked her as we approached the motel about the weather. The desk clerk was just as rude ,no hello etc, and the room we were given was terrible , as other people have commented the chairs etc were filthy the bedspreads dirty etc we slept in our clothes and left first think in the morning,after a sleepless night listening to fights etc in the parking lot. We did complain to the Travelodge corporation who passed on our complaint to the hotel,the manager wrote to us saying he was sorry our stay was not enjoyable,BIG DEAL. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Freda C
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I travel to Seattle every week for work – but pay for my own commute. So, I stay at very inexpensive hotels near the airport. For several months I stayed at the Travelodge until it became far too much to bear. I have traveled all over the world – and spent a decade working in the hospitality industry. By far this is one of the worst hotels in existence. While many air travelers stumble upon this inexpensive option, a notable portion of the clientele is comprised of prostitutes, drug addicts and gang members. For this reason, the property has many security cameras onsite – many of which seem to point directly into guest rooms. The walls are extremely thin – if your neighbor watches television at 3 am, you’ll hear it. If a john is beating on a hooker at 3 am – you’ll also hear it. If a K-9 unit is searching for a drug suspect, you’ll hear it. Guest privacy and security is of little concern to the management. Contrary to privacy standards for many hotels and motels, the front office uses stickers to write the room number on the guest key. If you lose your key and are away from your room, any of the sketchy characters in the neighborhood would know exactly where to try using it. The locks in the room are extremely questionable – some are broken, some require pushing against the door with one’s knee or a chair in order to get it to lock. With guest room numbers easily seen from the street, anyone can phone your room without going through the front desk. On one occasion I l received a call at 11 pm on the landline in the room. It was a hooker cold calling guest rooms to offer services. I kindly declined but made sure to script the conversation on Facebook. It’s easier to laugh off when you are a single man traveling alone – but if I imagine this would be very disconcerting for families with children or women traveling alone. Cleanliness is also of little concern. The chairs and carpet are horrifically stained – probably with fluids one can easily imagine. On more than one occasion in more than one room I have woken up with bed bug bites. This led me to start traveling with Cedarcide and spraying down the room before I slept in it. The smell is often whatever is being pulled through the bathroom vent. Bathroom drainage and hot water is erratic and varies greatly between guest rooms. I always check in with the same front desk agent who is always rude, defensive and curt. The guest is always the first to initiate a conversation - contrary to the most basic hospitality standards. I have never seen her smile. Once I phoned the hotel from work to ask if I could use the microwave by the front desk for popcorn. Instead of putting me on hold she accidentally left the line active. I listened to her interaction with another guest which was almost identical to my experience. She claimed to not be able to find the reservation – a common issue apparently as I book my reservations 6 weeks in advance and she almost always has difficulty finding it. Do not stay in this hotel. Pay the extra $5 or $10 a night to stay closer to the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Trebor240
Victoria BC
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I actaully didn't stay at this hotel -yet - but I was booked to stay there on my own in August before I flew out of Seattle. I had booked it through Priceline and when I told him I was travelling alone he said I would be fine. Imagine my horror yesterday when I thought I should read some reviews. I wish I had done that before hand. Pricline tell me that their agents, and hotel reaserarchers found it to be a good quality, clean and well rated hotel. I disagreed with them and asked for a cancellation or a refund to re book, they refused. They question where I got my information from and, according to Priceline, you are all wrong and they are right. Thank you all for writing your reviews. You made my desicion an easy one. Because I am traveling alone my husband was very reluctant to have me stay there so I booked another hotel through expedia.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank coolCarol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Seatac Airport
#3 of 34 in SeaTac
Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport

Been to Travelodge Sea-Tac Airport North? Share your experiences!