“Wish I read these reviews before I stayed!”

Travelodge Sea-Tac Airport North
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Perth, Australia
“Wish I read these reviews before I stayed!”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We checked in and the girl wasn't overly friendly, but that wasn't a really big deal to us. Went to our room and it was ok, nothing fancy, but it would do for 2 nights. The first night was fine, in terms of noise and quality of sleep. In the morning I woke up and not sure why, but decided to check trip advisor. I was shocked at other peoples stories and advice. When my partner woke up he told me that someone had knocked on our door several times during the night. We both decided to loose our money for the second night and leave. It was a good decision!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank alanadi25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
B.C
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband,two friends and myself spent two terrible nights here. The first on our way out of town was scary but tolerable. The seedy characters outside were scary and the fact that the lady from the Chinese restaurant kept moving people on was not encouraging.. We left our car there so had to return to pick it up. On arriving at the airport we phoned ,with some difficulty, for the shuttle,25 minutes later I phoned again it took three calls to receive an answer and was then curtly told the she didn't know where the shuttle was and we would have to wait .It did turn up 15 minutes later, the lady driving didn't speak to us until I asked her as we approached the motel about the weather. The desk clerk was just as rude ,no hello etc, and the room we were given was terrible , as other people have commented the chairs etc were filthy the bedspreads dirty etc we slept in our clothes and left first think in the morning,after a sleepless night listening to fights etc in the parking lot. We did complain to the Travelodge corporation who passed on our complaint to the hotel,the manager wrote to us saying he was sorry our stay was not enjoyable,BIG DEAL. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Freda C

Travelers are raving about these Tukwila hotels

Pullman, Washington
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I travel to Seattle every week for work – but pay for my own commute. So, I stay at very inexpensive hotels near the airport. For several months I stayed at the Travelodge until it became far too much to bear. I have traveled all over the world – and spent a decade working in the hospitality industry. By far this is one of the worst hotels in existence. While many air travelers stumble upon this inexpensive option, a notable portion of the clientele is comprised of prostitutes, drug addicts and gang members. For this reason, the property has many security cameras onsite – many of which seem to point directly into guest rooms. The walls are extremely thin – if your neighbor watches television at 3 am, you’ll hear it. If a john is beating on a hooker at 3 am – you’ll also hear it. If a K-9 unit is searching for a drug suspect, you’ll hear it. Guest privacy and security is of little concern to the management. Contrary to privacy standards for many hotels and motels, the front office uses stickers to write the room number on the guest key. If you lose your key and are away from your room, any of the sketchy characters in the neighborhood would know exactly where to try using it. The locks in the room are extremely questionable – some are broken, some require pushing against the door with one’s knee or a chair in order to get it to lock. With guest room numbers easily seen from the street, anyone can phone your room without going through the front desk. On one occasion I l received a call at 11 pm on the landline in the room. It was a hooker cold calling guest rooms to offer services. I kindly declined but made sure to script the conversation on Facebook. It’s easier to laugh off when you are a single man traveling alone – but if I imagine this would be very disconcerting for families with children or women traveling alone. Cleanliness is also of little concern. The chairs and carpet are horrifically stained – probably with fluids one can easily imagine. On more than one occasion in more than one room I have woken up with bed bug bites. This led me to start traveling with Cedarcide and spraying down the room before I slept in it. The smell is often whatever is being pulled through the bathroom vent. Bathroom drainage and hot water is erratic and varies greatly between guest rooms. I always check in with the same front desk agent who is always rude, defensive and curt. The guest is always the first to initiate a conversation - contrary to the most basic hospitality standards. I have never seen her smile. Once I phoned the hotel from work to ask if I could use the microwave by the front desk for popcorn. Instead of putting me on hold she accidentally left the line active. I listened to her interaction with another guest which was almost identical to my experience. She claimed to not be able to find the reservation – a common issue apparently as I book my reservations 6 weeks in advance and she almost always has difficulty finding it. Do not stay in this hotel. Pay the extra $5 or $10 a night to stay closer to the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Trebor240
Victoria BC
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I actaully didn't stay at this hotel -yet - but I was booked to stay there on my own in August before I flew out of Seattle. I had booked it through Priceline and when I told him I was travelling alone he said I would be fine. Imagine my horror yesterday when I thought I should read some reviews. I wish I had done that before hand. Pricline tell me that their agents, and hotel reaserarchers found it to be a good quality, clean and well rated hotel. I disagreed with them and asked for a cancellation or a refund to re book, they refused. They question where I got my information from and, according to Priceline, you are all wrong and they are right. Thank you all for writing your reviews. You made my desicion an easy one. Because I am traveling alone my husband was very reluctant to have me stay there so I booked another hotel through expedia.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank coolCarol
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 28, 2011

No cleaning nor fresh towels nor linens even though the housekeeping master log showed that this was accomplished.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Stew S
Cloverdale
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We booked our Hawaiian vacation and used Stay123.com with this Travelodge for the stay and fly rate this hotel, which was a good rate! Our Stay123.com reservation "GUARANTEED" this hotel would accept us for late arrival - what a joke! When we arrived at 10:00 p.m. at night, the font desk clerk told us they had already sold our reserved room off and sent us off to another sleezy hotel 5 blocks down the road!! After much hassle and looking around we finall found a decent hotel, the Sleep Inn (a hotel I do recommend) that found us a room for the night, albeit a smoking room. I contacted Stay123.com and they told me that the hotel would get back to me with an apology - oh guess what, no apology was ever receieved!
Please do yourself a favour and stay away from this hotel!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Taxsaver
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The room was dirty and with bad odor. It's smell like dirty socks. Very noisy. No good insulation between rooms. You can hear people walking in the room on top of yours and moving things. Apparently everyone can stay there. We stayed 3 nights and even can't sleep due to a group of nasty people staying in two rooms close to us. They came late at night (4:00am) and you heard them walking, moving things, shouting, knocking the doors and laughing until 6:00am. The owner tried to took them out and had to call the police that basically never came. Don't stay in this hotel!!!! It's a NIGHTMARE.....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank adapj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Seatac Airport
Coast Gateway Hotel
#3 of 34 in SeaTac
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave
Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel

Been to Travelodge Sea-Tac Airport North? Share your experiences!