“Waht a mess....terrible customer care”
Review of Travelodge Sea-Tac

Travelodge Sea-Tac
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed July 28, 2011

No cleaning nor fresh towels nor linens even though the housekeeping master log showed that this was accomplished.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Stew S

Reviewed July 23, 2011

We booked our Hawaiian vacation and used Stay123.com with this Travelodge for the stay and fly rate this hotel, which was a good rate! Our Stay123.com reservation "GUARANTEED" this hotel would accept us for late arrival - what a joke! When we arrived at 10:00 p.m. at night, the font desk clerk told us they had already sold our reserved room off and sent us off to another sleezy hotel 5 blocks down the road!! After much hassle and looking around we finall found a decent hotel, the Sleep Inn (a hotel I do recommend) that found us a room for the night, albeit a smoking room. I contacted Stay123.com and they told me that the hotel would get back to me with an apology - oh guess what, no apology was ever receieved!
Please do yourself a favour and stay away from this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Taxsaver
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The room was dirty and with bad odor. It's smell like dirty socks. Very noisy. No good insulation between rooms. You can hear people walking in the room on top of yours and moving things. Apparently everyone can stay there. We stayed 3 nights and even can't sleep due to a group of nasty people staying in two rooms close to us. They came late at night (4:00am) and you heard them walking, moving things, shouting, knocking the doors and laughing until 6:00am. The owner tried to took them out and had to call the police that basically never came. Don't stay in this hotel!!!! It's a NIGHTMARE.....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank adapj
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The rooms were shabby: mildewed and peeling drywall, stained carpets, torn vinyl flooring, the bath drain can't keep up with the shower flow. Internet service cuts out frequently, if you can log on at all. No in-room coffee maker as stated on their website.

Breakfast was less than mediocre: cheap white bread for toast, gas-station style boxed mini danishes, and a cheap version of frosted flakes. No waffles as shown on the hotel website photos.

Hotel service was amazingly bad. This wasn't customer service, this was combat. I hung a "do not disturb" sign on the door since I didn't think I could trust the cleaning staff alone with my luggage. I asked the front desk clerk for a towel and he snapped back, "where are the towels in your room, why do you need more?". Begrudgingly, he said that he would have the towels delivered to my room. After half an hour I asked again if the towels were on the way and he said that the housekeeper had to leave to pick up guests from the airport. I checked back later and found a new front desk clerk that wasn't told that I'd asked for towels. She basically told me there is nothing she can do about it because the last clerk screwed up and that I'd have to wait for a housekeeper to get around to it. Finally, an hour and a half after my initial request, a housekeeper knock on my room door ang hands me a single washcloth and (unsolicited) tells me that if I've been having problems with the staff I need to talk with the morning front desk manager. I walk by the office in the morning to hear the manager literally yelling into a phone as a family with kids waits in the lobby. The staff jumps at every opportunity to put guests on the defensive. Maybe this is a cost saving measure for them as guests are quickly conditioned to not ask for services.

If you decide to disregard hotel reviews and stay here bring your own sleeping bag and do not disturb the staff. I was surprised that a large chain like Travelodge would allow such poor service but this hotel obviously doesn't cater to repeat customers (with the possible exception of the prostitutes upstairs). For the cost of a couple of nights you could buy a decent tent and camp out under a bridge. It'd be safer, cleaner, and quieter.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank squidamari
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife and I are taking a cruise at the time of this review. We flew in from Sacramento to go on a cruise to Alaska. We had found the motel on the internet and figured that it looks ok from the photos that we saw and the price was good. It took us over 45 minutes to get from to the motel waiting for the shuttle. The shuttle driver and woman in the office were rude. We were given a room upstairs on the backside of the property. We had noticed the sign mentioned in above reviews about the safe. We dragged our four suitcases up the stairs after walking clear around the building from wrong directions from staff. We got to the room after passing several rooms with people just hanging out with the doors open. That made us feel uneasy. the security metal pin that the bar latches to keep people from opening the door was broken and missing. We noticed dirty walls and stains on the bed, and bad smell. We realized that this was not a situation that we wanted to put ourselves in. We did a good search on our phone and found a list of other places to stay. We called and eventually found a place that had vacancy's. We notified the office that we were canceling our reservation and stay. We also canceled the reservation for our return trip from our cruise. Not sure if we will get the money back. We had the shuttle driver take us back to the airport. From there, we waited another twenty minutes for the F airfield Inn Shuttle driver to pick us up and took us to the hotel. It cost double the money, but was well worth it. Much cleaner neighborhood, and property. The shuttle driver was very nice, and the Desk and security staff. Yes they have security staff. The room was very clean, and flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. You get what you pay for. After talking to the night manager about our experience, he had stated that several hotels and motels are not putting out the money to keep the properties up in the area. I have also written the corporation about the Travel Lodge that we stayed at. We are loyal consumers. We will be back at the Fairfield Inn 19631 International Blvd., Seattle, WA
(206) 824-9909. If you want to feel safe and comfortable, then pay a little more and stay at a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Wonderland987
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My family and I used this hotel as a cheap stop over after traveling to Seattle. We were picked up by the hotels shuttle (which is the hotels only redeeming feature - but all local hotels provide them) and taken to the travel lodge. When we arrived we had 2 rooms booked, one for my wife and I and one for my parents and younger brother. The latter room was booked as a room for 3 persons, so should have a minimum of 2 beds. When checking in, the unhelpful travel lodge personnel told us that we had 2 rooms with one bed and explained that my parents and younger brother would have to share the same bed! As my younger brother is 18, we didn't feel it was appropriate!
I argued with the staff, who then told us there were no rooms available to change to as they were fully booked. The staff member then tried to charge us extra for a roll away bed, even though we had already paid extra for the third person!

The staff spoke in their own language and couldn't speak English clearly.
The breakfast was very poor. We were made to feel as if we were a burden.
I will never return to this joke of a hotel.

We had to view this as cheap and cheerful, you get what you pay for etc...however there are many more hotels around that iIm sure would offer a better service

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank DaveandHollie
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I booked this hotel online. I should have read the reviews first. I don't know where these other people that say that the hotel is not as bad as some say stayed, but it is EVERY bit as bad as some say. I have the pictures to prove it. When we checked in, the woman behind the front desk was covered in gang tattoos. That should have been my first clue, but not being one to judge, I thought little of it. We got to the room, opened the door and just took a quick glance, because the event that we were in town for was going to start. So we left, and went to Seattle. We left nothing in the room, I don't usually do that even in a nice hotel, and its probably a good thing after reading some reviews. When we came back, it was dark. While we were getting stuff out of our car, some very shady looking people came up and asked my brother for a cigarette. He told them he didn't have any and they walked off. Good thing there was a fence, though. We went into the room, and the first thing my brother found was a piece of burnt brillo pad on top of the mirror. Which for those that don't know, is homemade drug smoking apparatus. Then...we started to look around. The part that comes down and hides the pipes to the sink was broken off the wall. There was some green stuff in the shower drain. The smoke detector, even though hard wired, did not work and we were in a smoking room. There was what appeared to be a blood stain on the floor at the foot of one of the beds. There mattresses had what appeared to be urine and either blood or fecal stains on both of them, and the boxsprings, along with gang graffiti. The bathroom door had been kicked in a time or two, and someone standing at the sink could clearly see someone sitting on the toilet through the large crack between the bathroom door and the frame. The toilet in the room above must have been leaking, because there was a huge water stain above our toilet. There were multiple patches on the walls from what appeared to be fist sized holes. In some other places the paint was peeling off the wall. The light above to table in the room worked if you hit the switch just right, an obvious wiring problem. Thats what prompted me check the smoke detector, which as I said, did not work. Had there been a fire from faulty wiring, I can't say with any certainty that we would have been able to make it out. There was what appeared to be dried vomit on the wall behind the nightstand, and on the floor next to it. There was some black substance smeared on the tv stand in front of the tv. The safe was broken. The floor had NOT been vacuumed. There were some sort of urine(?) stains on both of the chairs, where you sit. I can only imagine when the last time the bedding was washed, or what might have been living in it. I am appalled. I had my 13 yr. old daughter with me. As a mother, I wanted to take her out of there immediately. But being a 7 hr. drive from home, getting in from our event at about midnight, and not having money budgeted for another hotel, we were in a bad position. You do NOT want to sleep in your car in that neighborhood, so we were forced to stay in the room and decided to sleep on top of the blankets. I have been to some terrible places in my life, but this one took the cake. At one point I was homeless. And giving the choice between sleeping on the street, or in this motel, I'd have quickly chosen the street. It would have been cleaner.

Room Tip: I do not recommend going here to anyone.