“Nice hotel.... Friendly Staff and comfortable...”

Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed September 3, 2007

First of all, I'd like to say that what made the stay at this hotel great was the staff. They are so friendly and quick to respond it made my stay extremely pleasurable...

It's pretty typical for a 3 star hotel. The only problem with the hotel is there are train-tracks behind the hotel, so if you stay here, you should request a room that faces the highway or else you might hear some trains going by in the middle of the night...

The hotel is pretty close to the Sea-tac airport and it takes about 15 minutes to get to the city... The Southcenter mall is very close so if you want to do some shopping/get food/go to Target, they are all very close...

I'd definitely stay here again....

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mahndoo

Reviewed August 30, 2007

Booked a large, comfortable room with a king-sized bed. Very clean and well set up, with free internet access, good lighting, and a nice desk to work at. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet, and the hotel will put a mini-refrigerator in your room on request. The breakfast buffet was very nice and varied. There is a large pool and a jacuzzi, as well as an exercise room. In addition, the hotel has easy access to the Interurban Bike Trail for those who prefer to walk outside for exercise. My room also was at the back which meant I overlooked the train tracks and got to hear the trains go by. Yes, they do whistle but really they are not any problem at all - in fact, it's sort of neat. If you think that they might be, book an odd-numbered room, as I believe that they are on the front side of the hotel away from the trains.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank CobolKing
Reviewed August 21, 2007

We booked this hotel for a good price on hotwire but have come to believe that if you use a budget site you get the crappiest location in the hotel. We were given a room on the 6th floor and the room was nice and clean. We were very happy until we realized that a train comes through about every hour all day and ALL NIGHT long! The bed was comfy but I was up all night due to the very loud train horn and the vibrations from the trains. It didn't stop and came through every hour!
Charlie's located in the lobby has really good food! It is a bit expensive, especially if you get room service but the food was great...very tasty. I loved the exercise room because they had cardio as well as strength training machines...even a leg press! The machines have little TV's on them...how cool! Pool was very small but good for kids.
Overall this is a good place (especially since there is a mall very close by) but if you stay here DO NOT stay on the back side because of the loud train. It kept us up all night and I am still sleepy from our stay there.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank melena99
Reviewed April 13, 2007

We booked on the Marriott website and paid $119 US for our family of four for one night. There is a free shuttle from Sea-tac airport. The best thing was the friendly welcoming staff at the check-in desk, and in the restaurant for breakfast. That friendly attitude makes all the difference.

There is an indoor heated pool which would be fine for kids to have fun in, but too small for lap swimming.

We had two double beds in a larger than average room. I like the sink and mirror being outside the shower and toilet- especially with kids- so someone can be in the bathroom and someone else can be brushing teeth or making coffee at the same time.

There was free internet connection with your own laptop. Complimentary bottles of water for all four of us, and complimentary breakfast for two adults and a child under 12y. Breakfast was very good- there was even an omelette station- , fresh fruit, fresh pastries, yoghurt etc. We have paid $20 or more pp for a breakfast like this.

We'd stay there again for sure even though we paid $119 and it seems that others have paid much less.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank presdient
Reviewed March 22, 2007

I got this hotel through Priceline at $43 + tax/night and stayed there for two nights. My room was quite large and had a king bed, a couch, coffee table, a work desk and a chair. The small balcony had a table and two chairs. Free high speed internet access was available. There were several outlets around the desk, which was very convenient. If you have a car, malls are a few miles away. The hotel can give you a map showing the area including these malls.

The hotel staff were professional and very friendly. The only complaint I had was that right outside of the bathroom was a bit smelly. I did not ask for room change however, because it was a manageable level.

Overall, I’d say this is a good hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank TokyoBorn
Reviewed January 18, 2007

January 9-10th, 2007 – I spent one night at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Sea-Tac Area hotel. All aspects of my stay at this hotel were positive and I can recommend it.

Check-in was very fast and my reservation was in order. My room was #731, a king room facing West Valley Highway with a view of the river across the highway. The room was very clean and everything was in working order. The room rate was $159 per night and the hotel was sold-out.

My room was a pretty standard Courtyard room. The king bed was very comfortable and had five pillows, several being feather which is my preference. There was a queen-size sofa bed, a large work desk with free high speed internet access, a microwave and mini refrigerator. The TV offered cable channels as well as a large variety of pay-per-view movies.

Unlike the majority of Courtyard hotels that I have stayed in, this one has a full-service restaurant called Charley’s. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and allows the hotel to offer room service. The breakfast buffet was more extensive than I expected and Mariya cooked omelets and egg dishes to order. I had a ham, cheese, and mushroom omelet and it was huge!

The hotel has in indoor swimming pool and hydrotherapy spa. Adjacent to the pool is a small, but well-equipped exercise room. There is a very small “store” next to the reception desk that has snack items and essential like aspirin, toothpaste, etc.

The hotel is located about 5 miles from Sea-Tac Airport about ½ mile south of I405 (exit on West Valley Highway). Southcenter mall is close by and has a huge variety of restaurants. There is plenty of free parking on all sides of the hotel.

The service was very friendly, the hotel is clean and well maintained and the location was convenient for my business. I can recommend it highly.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank LakersFan
Reviewed December 20, 2006

My stay was enjoyable. The front desk staff was fast and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. I did hear the train go by in the evenings (my room was on the backside of the hotel).
I ate dinner in the restaurant hotel once. The service was slow, but it could have been because there were a ton of people there due to all the power outages in the city from the recent storm. The food was good and pricing was average.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo