“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Sydney
“Clean and friendly”
Reviewed April 13, 2007

We booked on the Marriott website and paid $119 US for our family of four for one night. There is a free shuttle from Sea-tac airport. The best thing was the friendly welcoming staff at the check-in desk, and in the restaurant for breakfast. That friendly attitude makes all the difference.

There is an indoor heated pool which would be fine for kids to have fun in, but too small for lap swimming.

We had two double beds in a larger than average room. I like the sink and mirror being outside the shower and toilet- especially with kids- so someone can be in the bathroom and someone else can be brushing teeth or making coffee at the same time.

There was free internet connection with your own laptop. Complimentary bottles of water for all four of us, and complimentary breakfast for two adults and a child under 12y. Breakfast was very good- there was even an omelette station- , fresh fruit, fresh pastries, yoghurt etc. We have paid $20 or more pp for a breakfast like this.

We'd stay there again for sure even though we paid $119 and it seems that others have paid much less.

• Liked — friendly helpful staff
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank presdient

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed March 22, 2007

I got this hotel through Priceline at $43 + tax/night and stayed there for two nights. My room was quite large and had a king bed, a couch, coffee table, a work desk and a chair. The small balcony had a table and two chairs. Free high speed internet access was available. There were several outlets around the desk, which was very convenient. If you have a car, malls are a few miles away. The hotel can give you a map showing the area including these malls.

The hotel staff were professional and very friendly. The only complaint I had was that right outside of the bathroom was a bit smelly. I did not ask for room change however, because it was a manageable level.

Overall, I’d say this is a good hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank TokyoBorn
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed January 18, 2007

January 9-10th, 2007 – I spent one night at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Sea-Tac Area hotel. All aspects of my stay at this hotel were positive and I can recommend it.

Check-in was very fast and my reservation was in order. My room was #731, a king room facing West Valley Highway with a view of the river across the highway. The room was very clean and everything was in working order. The room rate was $159 per night and the hotel was sold-out.

My room was a pretty standard Courtyard room. The king bed was very comfortable and had five pillows, several being feather which is my preference. There was a queen-size sofa bed, a large work desk with free high speed internet access, a microwave and mini refrigerator. The TV offered cable channels as well as a large variety of pay-per-view movies.

Unlike the majority of Courtyard hotels that I have stayed in, this one has a full-service restaurant called Charley’s. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and allows the hotel to offer room service. The breakfast buffet was more extensive than I expected and Mariya cooked omelets and egg dishes to order. I had a ham, cheese, and mushroom omelet and it was huge!

The hotel has in indoor swimming pool and hydrotherapy spa. Adjacent to the pool is a small, but well-equipped exercise room. There is a very small “store” next to the reception desk that has snack items and essential like aspirin, toothpaste, etc.

The hotel is located about 5 miles from Sea-Tac Airport about ½ mile south of I405 (exit on West Valley Highway). Southcenter mall is close by and has a huge variety of restaurants. There is plenty of free parking on all sides of the hotel.

The service was very friendly, the hotel is clean and well maintained and the location was convenient for my business. I can recommend it highly.

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank LakersFan
Carolina Girl
Reviewed December 20, 2006

My stay was enjoyable. The front desk staff was fast and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. I did hear the train go by in the evenings (my room was on the backside of the hotel).
I ate dinner in the restaurant hotel once. The service was slow, but it could have been because there were a ton of people there due to all the power outages in the city from the recent storm. The food was good and pricing was average.

• Liked — Cleanliness of the room and the hotel itself
  • Disliked — That there were not many restaurants nearby
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
2 Thank CarolinaGirlTraveler
San Clemente, California
Reviewed December 11, 2006

This Courtyard is at or above the level of all other Courtyards that I have stayed at. I typically stay at Marriott properties 50+ nights a year for business travel. This Courtyard had a nicer lobby and breakfast area, plus what appears to be slightly bigger than typical Courtyard rooms.

You can expect a clean, comfortable room, with free internet access from your room. There is easy on/off from t he 405 freeway. Only a couple of fast food and other restaurants in short walking distance. There is a restaurant in the hotel, but I have not tried it.

As a medium sleeper, I couldn't here the freeway which is a block away, but I did notice a train go by in the evening when I had a room on the back side of the hotel.

I have stayed here twice in the past month and I recommend it for what it is, a decent business hotel. Nothing exciting about it, and nothing objectionable.

• Liked — Easy freeway access
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Calling this a Seatac "airport" hotel is a little misleading (there are many closer hotels)
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Bizztravel
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed October 3, 2006

First the positive stuff: the hotel was clean, had a nice sitting area in the lobby with a big-screen TV and comfy sofas, and the staff was friendly. Now the not-so-greats: my room smelled musty, as though it used to be a smoking room, and I could hear cars and trucks zooming by on the interstate all night long. And it was a very long night. Probably the worst part of the stay was the noise coming from what I could only figure must have been the HVAC system. It was loud enough to keep me awake even when I used my earplugs. It's not a bad place if you're a heavy sleeper.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank JulieBR
southwest US
Reviewed September 17, 2006

We stayed here on our last night of vacation because it was close to SeaTac and we had an early flight the next morning. Well, it wasn't quite as close to the airport as we had thought/hoped and billing it as an airport hotel might be pushing it a bit. The shuttle wasn't quite as quick as some of the other (closer) hotels. That said, it was nicer than most of the Courtyards we have stayed in. The staff was helpful and the bed was very comfortable.

• Liked — The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
  • Disliked — It wasn't that close to the airport.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you are looking for an airport hotel, get something closer than this.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple