“I WILL NEVER BE COMING BACK TO ANOTHER MARRIOTT AGAIN AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE”

Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Battle Ground, Washington
“I WILL NEVER BE COMING BACK TO ANOTHER MARRIOTT AGAIN AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I will not be coming back to Marriott in the future. I had previously been staying at Holiday Inn Express on several occasions for business and when I heard that I was booked at the Marriott, I thought I was getting an upgrade. I couldn't have been more wrong. When I first got to my room, I smelled cigarette smoke and went downstairs immediately to ask if I was on a "smoking floor". The gentleman told me that none of the rooms were smoking rooms and there was only one place to smoke-outside off to the left. I explained to him that there was fresh cigarette smoke coming from one of the rooms on the 5th floor. I later ordered room service-a steak salad for $14. I was charged $17.50 thinking it was tax-so I added a tip in the tip spot. After the man left, in small writing only on the receipt (not anywhere on the room service menu-mind you)-it said it had already added gratuity-so he got double the tip for a salad and steak that was fatty and disgusting. After I ate, I called downstairs for a wake up call at 7:15am the following morning. I never got a call. To top it off, when I arrived, I got this nice little piece of paper explaining the amenities-one of which was Starbucks in the lobby. Since I am a very regular Starbucks customer and I was made aware that there was Starbucks in the lobby, I did not look for or plan to leave my usual 15 minutes earlier to get to a Starbucks elsewhere. When I went to order my drink, the woman said they did not carry Venti cold cups!?!?! I get a specific drink and all Starbucks that I know of carry all drink sizes-except Marriott?? So-I had to quickly find another Starbucks and rush to get my coffee at another location. I was extremely disappointed. oh, and let me not forget the loud trains going by several times RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOTEL waking me at all hours of the night!

I will be staying at Holiday Inn Express from this point out. The building, rooms, and lobby are spotless and newer looking, there are microwaves in each standard room w/ the fridge, the wake up call system is automated and I can set this myself, I get a full breakfast of cinnamon rolls, pancakes, sausage and biscuits, fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs, juices, coffee, etc WITH my stay. Marriott charged $14 for a similar breakfast. I am extremely disappointed and really had much higher hopes for Marriott

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Danielle W, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the SeaTac Courtyard. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. Please be assured we will be carefully reviewing you comments and working to improve in those areas. As we are always striving to give our guests the best experience.
If you would like to further discuss your stay further please contact me directly.

Danielle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I decided to spend the night in Seattle before our flight the next morning in order to get a good night's sleep before our trip. Unfortunately, we didn't realize the proximity of the hotel to the train tracks... We woke up repeatedly throughout the night to what sounded like the train crashing into our room. The hotel itself was great - the lobby was very nice, the service great, and the room is what we expected. However, had we known about the train's proximity, we would have opted elswhere, or at least requested to be on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room that's not facing the train tracks (so loud!).
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura R
Danielle W, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay.
I apologize that you were unable to get a good night's sleep due to the train noise. Please contact me directly if you would like to try our hotel again I will ensure that your room is on the quite side of the hotel. Additionally, please contact me if you would like to discuss you passed stay further, feedback is always much appreciated.
Pullman, WA
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Every member of the staff I encountered was very friendly and attentive. We had a problem with the heater in our first room and Sasha quickly came to look at it. When he determined he couldn't fix it, he handled the whole process of getting us moved to a new room.

The King size mattress we had was very firm. I ended up pulling out the sleeper sofa and sleeping on it. The other one caused too much pain to fall asleep on.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to inform us of your recent stay and for the kind works about our staff. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory due to the hard bed in your room. We always appreciate all guest feedback. Please be assured we will be reviewing your comments and looking for ways to improve. If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me directly.

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here one night while traveling on business. I really liked this hotel. The staff at reception and dining areas were all great. Check-in was fast and they accomodated my room requests. The room itself (#430) was quite spacious with a mini-fridge and microwave, king bed. Plenty of room in the seating area. The bed and pillows were super comfortable and I slept great. No complaints about the bathroom; showerhead was relaxing and everything was clean. Loved the TeaTree lemon sage body lotion and Paul Mitchell shampoo! The only negative thing about this room is that it faces the train tracks and depending on whether you are a light sleeper or not, could make for disruptive sleep. I have a white noise app on my phone that I play to drown out hotel noise, so it wasn't really a factor for my night's sleep.

I ate in the lounge area for dinner/drinks. Again, the staff was great. The food was average, I'd say. Not bad for a hotel. The wine was good. I ate breakfast in the restaurant and they have a really nice selection of hot and cold foods. Again, I was happy with the food and service. The coffee was good...always a plus in the morning.

Overall, I would stay here again if I was here for business. It's convenient to the airport, clean & comfortable, and has great service. Nice job, Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the train tracks.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for an overnight, wedding dress shopping trip. They offer complimentary parking, are easy to find and all staff are extremely welcoming and friendly. The guest rooms are comfortable and provide everything that you need. The lounge in the lobby was very accommodating to my dietary restrictions and all staff bent over backwards to ensure that we were comfortable and well taken care of. This hotel provides great value and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, I recommend rooms facing the front of the hotel. There are train tracks...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alison I
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The rooms are standard Marriott, but the staff is exceptional. They know their neighborhood and can recommend restaurants, provide driving directions, and accommodate guests' special requests -- all with a genuine smile.

Room Tip: Unless you're a sound sleeper, avoid the rooms that face the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The building and restaurant are great. The rooms are old and not a typical courtyard. Cheap bedding… No curtains, just meshed blinds where the sun comes through first thing in the morning.

Overall the lighting is dim and they cheap out on certain things in the room. For instance no water - even for purchase. Only enough coffee for one person. All I could here was the train all night. Having just stayed at the Marriott courtyard in Bellevue, this is a terrible experience. It's pretty expensive too.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. Please be assured we will be reviewing your comments about the guest rooms and looking for ways we can improve.
If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me directly.