“Much More Than I Expected!”

Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for an overnight, wedding dress shopping trip. They offer complimentary parking, are easy to find and all staff are extremely welcoming and friendly. The guest rooms are comfortable and provide everything that you need. The lounge in the lobby was very accommodating to my dietary restrictions and all staff bent over backwards to ensure that we were comfortable and well taken care of. This hotel provides great value and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, I recommend rooms facing the front of the hotel. There are train tracks...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alison I

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The rooms are standard Marriott, but the staff is exceptional. They know their neighborhood and can recommend restaurants, provide driving directions, and accommodate guests' special requests -- all with a genuine smile.

Room Tip: Unless you're a sound sleeper, avoid the rooms that face the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The building and restaurant are great. The rooms are old and not a typical courtyard. Cheap bedding… No curtains, just meshed blinds where the sun comes through first thing in the morning.

Overall the lighting is dim and they cheap out on certain things in the room. For instance no water - even for purchase. Only enough coffee for one person. All I could here was the train all night. Having just stayed at the Marriott courtyard in Bellevue, this is a terrible experience. It's pretty expensive too.

• Stayed: February 2014
Danielle W, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. Please be assured we will be reviewing your comments about the guest rooms and looking for ways we can improve.
If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me directly.

Danielle

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was my second stay here, and not much has changed in the past year. The heater was noisy,the bed uncomfortable. There is only one serving of coffee in the room, so I got some before we went up upon check in. There is a Starbucks in the lobby now, but it isn't open early enough. We were on the train side, but I enjoy trains and was only awakened once by the train......The bedspread had a hole in it, and the bed was squeaky and shakey. I guess I'm not used to a box springs, but I felt and heard every time my partner moved. This would not be my choice of hotels, but in this case I don't get to choose. I suppose it was ok for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Danielle W, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay. We always appreciate guest feedback. I apologize that you were unable to enjoy your stay and understand how important a good nights sleep can be.
We would appreciate the opportunity to know what room you stayed in, if you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've stayed here twice in just over a month now, and would not hesitate to keep staying here for business or leisure. I have managed to get great rates both times, and consider this place a great value.

The staff have all been even more nice and helpful than at most other properties I can remember. The on demand free shuttle has worked without a hitch, the lobby and corridors have been really nicely remodeled, beds have been amazingly comfortable, basic WiFi is free, and the location is pretty close to the airport and some shopping.

The only negative is that the room decor and furniture clearly hadn't been updated with the rest of the building. It just feels a little sad in the rooms.

Overall, this Courtyard hits a lot of my important factors out of the park. I definitely recommend.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with a mini fridge and microwave if needed. Both times my rooms facing the m...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel is nice and safe by all standards. The property is aging a bit and the rooms will need to upgraded soon. Overall I really enjoy this hotel and have stayed a few times. Moreover I really enjoy the flexibility that staying in the Tukwila area provides when I am traveling in the Seattle region.

This property is about 5 miles to the airport, 8 miles or so to the Boeing Museum, 12 miles to downtown. The rates are quite reasonable in this area as well. Quick access to the 405 freeway allows for lightening quick escapes too. Overall this is a nice facility and close to many tourist destinations.

Unfortunately there is a slight drawback. The railroad has a rail line that runs freight right behind this property. I have lived nearby railroad tracks before and can handle the noise. Unfortunately my partner in crime didn't have a good night. There were lots of trains that went through on a recent Friday night and disrupted some sleep patterns. While it wasn't as bad on the Saturday it still needs to be stated.

As I said overall this property is fantastic. When I was staying there were many Niners fans & lots of kids with families for a soccer tournament. I tried to use the Jacuzzi, but tired quickly of 8 year olds doing cannonballs in the small pool and then running back to the regular pool. I'm not a hater as I did the same thing as a kid. Unfortunately I was just looking for a restful soak and decided to run back to the room almost immediately.

Room Tip: Get a room on the West side of this Property to avoid noisy trains.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights. Loved the 24 hour shuttle, staff was friendly hotel was clean. I would stay here again.
Laundry facility needed some updating, dryer took 2 cycles to dry.
Across the street is a 24 hour 7-11 as well as some fast food places with in walking distance.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple