“Good, bad, great”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Hudson, Ohio
“Good, bad, great”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

First impression not so good. Incorrect directions from the airport and difficulty changing from a HA room left a poor first impression from a clerk who needs customer service training.
Fortunately as my two night stay progressed I became impressed by the hotel staff. Hotel is just completing a new lounge/bar area which looks great and will be a nice addition to the Courtyard brand. I also have to complement most front dest staff for being very helpful arranging their airport van for a drop off pick up at a local restaurant.

Room Tip: A loud train runs past the hotel, get a room facing the front
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Eastsound, Washington
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed with park and fly package on recent overseas trip. Great rate and great service. They were remodeling so a little ugly at reception but service was great and a great deal on park and fly package. We missed our flight to Russia the next day (thanks delta for overbooking flight). So we went back to hotel to wait for flight next day. They were great and checked us in right away even though it was 8 am. Thanks again. Only negative I would say Is bar and resteraunt a little hokey but that may be due to remodel, not sure. But at least they had one. Rooms were clean and service was great...Shuttle was good as well, very nice drivers. We used shuttle three times. Already booked another room for return from overseas...thanks again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As any other Courtyard they have nothing for loyal Marriott rewards. Sorry, they do: a bottle of water and $2,00 off your paid breakfast, It is pathetic. So if you like staying everywhere and anywhere and are not a member of a hotel chain. Stay here, you will get a room as any other, but you will pay more for nothing. Right now they are under construction and it is chaotic and a mess. They were nice when I asked for a different room as my room had bugs that were biting me and got one. Shuttle service to the airport is excellent. They run 24-7.Up to you my readers if you want to stay here. I will not..I was not even given a nice room with a balcony but one looking to woods and train track

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My stay was OK here- check in was longer than normal as they are remodeling and the check in desk is very small. I was disappointed to be given a handicap-accessible room when I booked a month in advance, but there was nothing else available. Also kind of disappointed that my room did not have wireless internet. Very convenient that it's close to the airport but I was disappointed that the shuttle to the airport didn't leave right as scheduled due to a shift change. We asked to leave at 7, we left closer to 7:15 and made our flight just fine, but it made me nervous that the desk didn't seem to know where the shuttle driver was when we had scheduled it. Otherwise the stay was OK.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am extremely disappointed with this Courtyard's treatment of Platinum members. First of all, the overall condition of the hotel leaves nothing to be desired. They are currently undergoing renovations in the lobby, which is fine but the check-in line is super long. The rooms themselves need to be overhauled given the old carpet and the musky/wet smell.

As a platinum member, all I got was a bottle of water. I asked if they offered free breakfast and the answer was no. All I got was a coupon for $2 off a dinner entree. Overall, this Courtyard did not meet my expectations and I would not come back again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper and is easily woken up by noise, request a room that's not facing the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bradenton Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My biggest complaint with this property is the airport shuttle. Waits are significantly longer when compared to other free Sea-Tac airport shuttles; over 25 minutes for the shuttle to show up for both trips from the airport to the hotel, plus for the second trip it took a total of 40 minutes from call to request the shuttle to leaving the airport because the driver circled additional times to look for more guests. Once leaving the airport it took about 5 minutes to get to the hotel.

In addition, in my opinion this hotel isn't up to Courtyard standards (this was my fifth Courtyard stay this year). The carpets and sofa in the room were recently replaced but the sheets were worn out, the mattress was sagging and the air conditioning unit was loud and disrupted our sleep. If we opened the window there was significant traffic noise. The room was spacious and clean.

The restaurant and lobby are being renovated and they are serving food in a conference room. The limited breakfast buffet was $10.95 per person, which we thought was overpriced. We ended up heading to the airport early and ate a better and less expensive breakfast at Sea-Tac.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I wish I would have stayed elsewhere. Hotel is currently be remodeled and is kind of a mess. Doesn't look like they are remodeling with the new Courtyard Cafe theme. Train behind hotel is a problem. Woke me up at 1:30am. Like I said, there are better options in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business