“Worst place I've ever stayed”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Worst place I've ever stayed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I made a reservation online and arrived at night. Upon checking in I told the front desk person I wanted to pay cash. He said OK, but made no effort to do anything.

The room looked older and need updating, and there was an odd odor in the room. There were cigarette burns on the counter. Windows were very difficult to close and lock.

At check out I said I wanted to pay cash. The new clerk said she didn't know how to take cash. She then determined the room had already been paid for by credit card. She had to make multiple calls to supervisors to get help. During one call I heard her say for the supervisor not to be rude to her. I ended up talking to a supervisor on the phone, who told me it looked like my room was paid for by cash.

I was now past my time for leaving to make a meeting in Seattle and wanted a receipt. The clerk said she couldn't print one. I ended up telling her to go ahead and leave the charge on the card, as I had to leave.

While I was in my meeting two hours later I received a message from the supervisor saying that I had to call them back within the hour. It turns out they had credited the card, and now the room was not paid for. We finally got it all worked out, but it was a huge waste of my time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the payment issues are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been working with the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tuk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This location is fabulous all around! Staff service, cleanliness, location, everything about my stay was excellent! Super helpful, friendly staff, and my request to be located near my sister's room was honored! They went out of their way to may may stay perfect. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel staff and we are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again!
Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My first stay at this hotel.
I was quite impressed with everything.
I believe the front desk lady was named Becky and when I asked her if there was a room on the third floor as I'm a light sleeper and didn't want any noisy guest above if that was possible.
Becky asked me to give her a minute while she went up to the third floor and made sure the room was clean and ready for me.
Thr room was ready and clean with all the kitchen facilities ready for a comfortable stay.
I will most definitely stay at this hotel again next time I'm in Seattle.

Thank you for making my stay a pleasant one.

Ed Yamamoto

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for posting such a fantastic review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and accommodations. Becky and the rest of our team truly enjoyed having you stay with us.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was between homes and had to stay at this hotel for a few weeks. For the price the hotel was a good value but there were some issues.

The room was OK but it could of been a little cleaner. There was long hair in the shower which I know was not mine, being I'm a male with short hair. Also when the mattress slightly moved there was a lot of dirt, hair, tissue, etc. between the box spring and mattress.

Another major complaint I have is with the staff not managing the noise level at night. Night after night a group of guests who had multiple rooms around the 2nd and 3rd floor would be going door to door and talking extremely loud outside of mine and other guests rooms. They would usually be up till at least 1am every night and when I talked to someone about it they said they would look into but nothing seemed to change. Also my room always smelled like smoke that I believe was coming from this same group standing outside of my room and constantly smoking.

I think overall the hotel is worth the value but It could use some improvements and because of some of these issues, I decided to book my next week and a half at a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The noise disturbance and cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable. I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to personally inspect every room prior to releasing them to our guests moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at tuk@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

It was a non smoking room and didnt smell like smoke. I liked having a kitchen with it. For $45 from Price Line it was the best deal in all of Seattle. Shuttle service to and from the airport. Food choices down the street. It could use a coffee shop nearby. If you want a cheap and simple place to stay look no further.

• Stayed April 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay.. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

First of all it is always raining, so it's very nice to have a covered walk up area. The young lady we checked in with was courteous and even suggested things for us to do around the area. Over the 3 days we were there, I constantly ran into THERESA and WILLIAM and they were exceptional. Any questions, any issues (basically none except I lost my card twice..... ) and they were all over it. They both had time to chitchat whenever I was in the office grabbing breakfast (or a new card) and even when we passed in the hallways, it was like someone you knew, not an employee. The facility was clean, the beds were super comfortable, but the TV channels are craaazy....but you get 2 showtime and 5 espn channels!

Only bad thing was the weather stripping on the door was a little thin and some cold air/noise came through...but it was dealt with easily.

They both need raises!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MattB885
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We appreciate the nice feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for your review.
Port Townsend, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Of all of the Extended Stay Hotels that I have stayed at, this one had the smallest room I've experienced in their chain. The rooms were updated, well stocked and maintained. The hotel employees were friendly and professional, which more than compensated for the small rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our accommodations so welcoming. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!