Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanworked greateasy accesssouthcenter mallcookware
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Of all of the Extended Stay Hotels that I have stayed at, this one had the smallest room I've experienced in their chain. The rooms were updated, well stocked and maintained. The hotel employees were friendly and professional, which more than compensated for the small rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our accommodations so welcoming. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Only stayed here 1 night, prior to checking in at VA Hosp. for surgery.
Very pleasant stay; parking lot was relatively full, but there were no problems
with noise. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable and everything
else was good. The service at check-in was excellent, and the young man
handling the check-in was quite polite and helpful, even when I had a couple
of special requests, and some questions.
Would not hesitate to stay here again, or to recommend them.
Edward H.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have spent the past three Saturday nights here as support for my brother undergoing cancer treatment who has been housed here by the Veterans' Administration. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and reasonable in price. (Though the price went up $6.00 per night between our second and third visits!!)

The staff is friendly and helpful. It has been fun to get to know them.

The one downside is the nearby freeway, but it quiets down at night and when the drapes are closed the sound is minimal.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are quieter. Turn the heaters on when you first enter the rooms, then off before sleeping as the rooms will get too warm. (Voice of experience!!)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you have continued to return to our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at Extended Stay America Studio Suites in Tukwila a night before leaving Seattle by plane. I thought this should be a clean and comfortable hotel location as it is marked as "newly renovated" on the hotel website. But I got absolutely disappointed!

First 4 (!) rooms I tried were dirty under the bed (most garbage from renovation) or smelled smoky although it should be a non-smoking room. The 5th room I entered after 45 minutes (!) after checking-in was "tolerably clean" (some dust and also some hairs in the kitchen and on the furniture). When I checked out next morning the manager on duty gave me nearly a 35 % discount on the room rate because this very low management performance in managing this hotel. However I would not stay again at this hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay here as bad hotel management performance!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness issues you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, managers personally inspecting all guest rooms. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rleckenby@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Want to start by stating positives, front desk staff very helpful and polite. Additionally, very nice landscaping, designer paint colors in rooms and fairly good location (near airport, mall, restaurants). The bad and ugly: room is completely stripped down...not good for an extended stay...pretty much two pots and pans, limited dishware. Have to ask front desk for anything else such as paper towels, dish soap, hair dryer, even a pen and pad of paper...think mgmt is trying to prevent theft?! Worst thing was a huge "sink hole" in bed...so deep and large it was like my partner was in a bunk bed above me! Luckily front desk staff refunded two out of the three days I had originally reserved! Finally, continental bkf is basically coffee and granola bars! This is really a Motel 6 in poor disguise!

• Stayed: September 2012
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Extended Stay America in Southcenter. In response to your feedback, I wanted to let you know that we do operate a little differently and this is to our guest’s advantage. We do offer amenities such as shampoo, dish soap and hairdryers but we make these available to you at the front desk. This keeps costs down which we pass onto the guests and offer lower rates than our competitors and discounted rates for long term stays. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tuk@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.