“Godd budget hotel close to the airport”

Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed August 22, 2010

This is a good budget hotel conveniently located, close to the airport with easy access to Seattle. A free shuttle to the airport is offered along with free internet and free Bkf. Staff was professional and helpful. There is a swimming pool which my kids enjoyed. Breakfast was OK. The only issue is its location close to I-5 with very noisy traffic, but the room has a good isolation, so we had a good night sleep without any problems.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

Thank you for taking the time sharing your wonderful experience at South Seattle Days Inn we appreciate it very much. Your review gives the hotel an insight on how the facility and employees operate. We look forward to seeing you at this location in the future.

Sean

Reviewed August 3, 2010

in a word - awful ! no staff to help - the poor girl in front was doing EVERYTHING - computer printer did not work - but no sign saying so -
noisy noisy freeway beside - in an isolated area with nothing around for eating,etc.
beds are from another era - could say more, but you get the picture?
shuttle to airport is driven by whoever is handy - waiting at airport for 40 minutes and then having to listen to LOUD rap music all the way back - the girl driving seemed unfamiliar with the route or van . It was the "icing on the cake !" - use your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

Days Inn appreciates you taking the time to review out property. The management takes time to address each issue to improve better service for each guest. Concerning our location...although we are located near a freeway and in a semi-industrial area of the city, I look at out location as one of the most convenient areas of the city. We are within minutes to both Seattle and Sea-Tac Airport. Our hotel is located within walking distance to a local fast food chain, Starbucks, Teriyaki sit down restaurant and a deli shop. In addition, the local Southcenter Mall which offers a variety of other restaurant choices like Oliver Garden, Bahama Breeze among many more restaurant about 2 miles away. The local public transportation stops within walking distance of the mall which even has a movie theater. We apologize for all the inconvenience that you've experience during this stay but perhaps in the future you would reconsider staying with us again.
-Sean

Reviewed July 5, 2010

Having stayed at everything from Days Inns, youth hostels, and primitive camps to 4-star palaces, I've seen a fair bit in terms of accommodations. This Days Inn meets all the normal expectations, and exceeds them with little touches throughout the grounds (little waterfall, waffle maker for the buttermilk buckwheat breakfast waffle batter, etc.).

It is next to a major freeway, so quite a bit of noise came in to my second story room. Still, they've done their best to rein it in soundproofing, heavy doors, curtains, etc.) - and I did manage to sleep soundly despite jet lag. Would recommend without hesitation to less picky travelers, budget conscious, and red-eye bound travelers looking for a spot to sleep for a few hours before or after an early morning flight.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

Oh;thank you very much for your review and your time.We are here to serve our guests and to make life long relationships.
Moni,
Manager.

Reviewed May 31, 2010

Hotel is a good location for Seatac airport and the shuttle bus is good. Staff should inform people that the Seatac airport departure bay provides a free phone link to the hotel to call the shuttle bus (noticed this when on the bus already).

Too bad the restaurant next door to the hotel has closed down.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2010

I appreciate your review for our Hotel.We are here to serve you and make your stay comfortable.
Hope to see you again.
Moni Ahluwalia,
Manager.

Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in late September. The room was average for a budget hotel, but the hotel is right next to I-405 and the traffic noise never stopped all night long. The hvac unit could not drown out the noise. I guess that is why the rates are so attractive. The room had a desk and 2 chairs. It could use a small table. The room had a 27" flat screen tv with 80+ channels. There are good resturantes about 5 minutes away. The breakfast was average with waffles, fruit, muffins, pastry, hot and cold cereal, juice, and coffee. The hotel has easy access to both I-405 and I-5.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Marketing Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2009

Hi,
We understand your concern about the traffic noise coming from the Interstate Hwy I-5.On our part we have the best insulated doors and heavy curtains to reduce the noise level and we are able to contain the noise level substantially.We get too many customers who want to be near the Hwy to have a easy access to the North and South of Seattle for easy travel.We really care for our customers and hope we can be of any service in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2009

The Days is a nice affordable lodging option located on I-5 and Interurban. Based on what others have said, maybe it is an airport hotel although I would never know that being as that my approach led to no indication of an airport nearby. Despite it being right off of the interstate, the road noise is decently muffled due in part to the trees that line the property.

The rooms are what you would expect of a Days Inn. Not too large, not too small. Not plush, but clean and functional. It's got a tv and fridge... I'm good to go. There is free internet and free breakfast in the office lobby.

Within 15 minutes of any direction, you can easily come upon supermarkets, restaurants, shopping centers, and the ubiquitous coffee shacks that make Seattle well, Seattle. Southcenter mall is also not too far away.

So if you come with Hyatt expectations, then yes you will be disappointed. But for what it is, you can't be wrong. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheAnswer
southseattledaysinn, Marketing Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2009

I thank you for taking out time to write a review.Its gracious of you to appreciate the hotel and the services offered to you during your stay.Your review, go a long way in improving our quality of services to our guests.
Thank you.
Moni.

Reviewed August 14, 2009

My boyfriend & I took advantage of this hotel's park & fly option when we went to California in August of 2008. I can't remember what the exact price was, but it was under $150, so in my opinion, with the stay for one night and 6 days parking, it was a good value.

Yes, the hotel is very outdated. But, I wouldn't say it was dirty. The rooms could use new mattresses, but they were clean. We weren't expecting anything fancy, so we were fine. It was also in a very good location - right off the highway, and close to lots of shopping and places to eat. We even swam in the pool, and it was very clean as well, although small.

I have two complaints. One, when we reserved, we were told that there was a 24 hour shuttle to the airport. When we checked out the next morning at 4:30am, we were told shuttle service didn't start till 6am (I think it was 6am), so we had to catch a cab. Not a big deal, but a bit of a hassle.

My complaint is about the girl who checked us in. Upon check in, I was told to give a credit card number for security purposes. No problem, that's normal. She told me they'd swipe my card, but they don't actually charge anything to it. So I handed over my card, and said I wanted to pay for the room in cash. She accepted my card, swiped it through, and took my cash.

A week after we got back from the trip, I looked at my credit card statement. She had charged me for the room on my credit card, AND taken the cash! I immediately called the hotel and spoke with the manager. He told me that records indicated I had paid with a credit card, and no cash was exchanged. I right away said that wasn't true, I paid with cash, and she just swiped my credit card to record the number. He said no, you paid with credit card, there are no cash records and if there was an excess charge, our till would have shown it. I suggested to him that perhaps she TOOK the money and he said that couldn't be true, we have cameras. I asked him to please go back to the day we checked in, on camera, and described what we were wearing. I told him he'd see us handing her cash.

Luckily for the cameras, he saw we paid cash and refunded my money. I'm assuming the front desk clerk pocketed our money, and if so, I hope she lost her job.

I still recommend this hotel to a friend because management worked with me to get my money back. But if you pay with cash, ask for a receipt!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2009

Hi,
First of all i thank you for considering our hotel for your stay.You have been very tolerant and considerate through out when the matter was being sorted out.Once it was acertained the staff refunded the cash and apologized. I assure you we do not have such incidents and its most unfortunate this kind of complaint came up.We regret the trouble you underwent and assure you this kind of incident would not happen again.
I thank you once again for recommending our hotel to your friend.You are indeed commendable and i request you to look for the manager to get a very special discount on your next visit.
Marketing Manager.
09.30.2009

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#19 of 34 in SeaTac
Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!