“Good location and price”

Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
North Vancouver, Canada
“Good location and price”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Hotel is a good location for Seatac airport and the shuttle bus is good. Staff should inform people that the Seatac airport departure bay provides a free phone link to the hotel to call the shuttle bus (noticed this when on the bus already).

Too bad the restaurant next door to the hotel has closed down.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
I appreciate your review for our Hotel.We are here to serve you and make your stay comfortable.
Hope to see you again.
Moni Ahluwalia,
Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in late September. The room was average for a budget hotel, but the hotel is right next to I-405 and the traffic noise never stopped all night long. The hvac unit could not drown out the noise. I guess that is why the rates are so attractive. The room had a desk and 2 chairs. It could use a small table. The room had a 27" flat screen tv with 80+ channels. There are good resturantes about 5 minutes away. The breakfast was average with waffles, fruit, muffins, pastry, hot and cold cereal, juice, and coffee. The hotel has easy access to both I-405 and I-5.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Marketing Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
Hi,
We understand your concern about the traffic noise coming from the Interstate Hwy I-5.On our part we have the best insulated doors and heavy curtains to reduce the noise level and we are able to contain the noise level substantially.We get too many customers who want to be near the Hwy to have a easy access to the North and South of Seattle for easy travel.We really care for our customers and hope we can be of any service in the future.
Houston, TX
Reviewed October 2, 2009

The Days is a nice affordable lodging option located on I-5 and Interurban. Based on what others have said, maybe it is an airport hotel although I would never know that being as that my approach led to no indication of an airport nearby. Despite it being right off of the interstate, the road noise is decently muffled due in part to the trees that line the property.

The rooms are what you would expect of a Days Inn. Not too large, not too small. Not plush, but clean and functional. It's got a tv and fridge... I'm good to go. There is free internet and free breakfast in the office lobby.

Within 15 minutes of any direction, you can easily come upon supermarkets, restaurants, shopping centers, and the ubiquitous coffee shacks that make Seattle well, Seattle. Southcenter mall is also not too far away.

So if you come with Hyatt expectations, then yes you will be disappointed. But for what it is, you can't be wrong. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheAnswer
southseattledaysinn, Marketing Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
I thank you for taking out time to write a review.Its gracious of you to appreciate the hotel and the services offered to you during your stay.Your review, go a long way in improving our quality of services to our guests.
Moni.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2009

My boyfriend & I took advantage of this hotel's park & fly option when we went to California in August of 2008. I can't remember what the exact price was, but it was under $150, so in my opinion, with the stay for one night and 6 days parking, it was a good value.

Yes, the hotel is very outdated. But, I wouldn't say it was dirty. The rooms could use new mattresses, but they were clean. We weren't expecting anything fancy, so we were fine. It was also in a very good location - right off the highway, and close to lots of shopping and places to eat. We even swam in the pool, and it was very clean as well, although small.

I have two complaints. One, when we reserved, we were told that there was a 24 hour shuttle to the airport. When we checked out the next morning at 4:30am, we were told shuttle service didn't start till 6am (I think it was 6am), so we had to catch a cab. Not a big deal, but a bit of a hassle.

My complaint is about the girl who checked us in. Upon check in, I was told to give a credit card number for security purposes. No problem, that's normal. She told me they'd swipe my card, but they don't actually charge anything to it. So I handed over my card, and said I wanted to pay for the room in cash. She accepted my card, swiped it through, and took my cash.

A week after we got back from the trip, I looked at my credit card statement. She had charged me for the room on my credit card, AND taken the cash! I immediately called the hotel and spoke with the manager. He told me that records indicated I had paid with a credit card, and no cash was exchanged. I right away said that wasn't true, I paid with cash, and she just swiped my credit card to record the number. He said no, you paid with credit card, there are no cash records and if there was an excess charge, our till would have shown it. I suggested to him that perhaps she TOOK the money and he said that couldn't be true, we have cameras. I asked him to please go back to the day we checked in, on camera, and described what we were wearing. I told him he'd see us handing her cash.

Luckily for the cameras, he saw we paid cash and refunded my money. I'm assuming the front desk clerk pocketed our money, and if so, I hope she lost her job.

I still recommend this hotel to a friend because management worked with me to get my money back. But if you pay with cash, ask for a receipt!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
Hi,
First of all i thank you for considering our hotel for your stay.You have been very tolerant and considerate through out when the matter was being sorted out.Once it was acertained the staff refunded the cash and apologized. I assure you we do not have such incidents and its most unfortunate this kind of complaint came up.We regret the trouble you underwent and assure you this kind of incident would not happen again.
I thank you once again for recommending our hotel to your friend.You are indeed commendable and i request you to look for the manager to get a very special discount on your next visit.
Marketing Manager.
09.30.2009
Brisbane
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Spacious breakfast area. Located right next to a major highway.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
We are delighted to see your review for our hotel.
Reviews good or bad do help us in improving our quality of services.We want our guests to be comfortable and enjoy their stay with us.
Orangeburg, South Carolina
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I was very pleased with this Days Inn. I thought it was going to be a run down hotel but to my surprise it wasn't. It had a budget rate but I had a 3 star. Rooms very clean. No odor was lingering. Bathroom very clean, nice amenities. Hot breakfast was served. There was a computer to use in the lobby with printer. Only thing was that I wish meat was served with breakfast. Other than that I had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank vYrb
Thank you for your kind review.We do change and add new dishes to our breakfast. We get number of guests who are vegetarians and they do not relish to see non veg dishes around.We have tried to balance and serve a healthy assorted breakfast but ofcourse vegetarian.
We are here to serve you and make your stay enjoyable.
Richmond, Va.
Reviewed September 30, 2008

My wife and I stayed here in the middle of September on a 4-day trip to Seattle. I believe the hotel you stay at kind of shapes your vacation more than anything else, and the Days Inn really did that. I was very skeptical of the hotel after paying less than a premier price and reading some shifty reviews. I mean, it's not a 5-star $300/night hotel, but it was a great little place to stay. The continental breakfast was very good... I craved the waffles for days after I got back home. The staff was also very accommodating. My wife is pregnant and got sick while we were there off some bad Chinese food. I asked the receptionist where the closest hospital was, just in case, and she pulled out a pre-printed mapquest map to the hospital and give it to us for free. Later on, on a whim I asked them if there was a Wal-Mart nearby, and she pulled out yet another mapquest map to the Wal-Mart and gave us that for free!!! The cleaning lady came in and cleaned our room every day while we were gone and did a fantastic job without disturbing the possessions we left in the room (we have bad experiences of our stuff being stolen by the cleaning crews of other hotels). Their parking is very accommodating, and they have a nice lounge in the breakfast area with a computer with internet access and a big TV. They also have a pool which doesn't look too inviting, but it was the fall when we stayed so maybe the 60-degree weather didn't put us in the pool mood. We will be returning to Seattle, and we will definitely consider the Tukwila Days Inn first.

• Liked — Free Breakfast!!! Donuts....... mmmmm..........
  • Disliked — The color in the computer monitor in the lobby was out of whack.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank shonenknife
Hi,
It,s so sweet of you to write a beautiful review.Would i say we miss our wonderful guests.Come again and stay with us,we are here for you.
Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Days Inn Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#20 of 34 in SeaTac

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!