“the worst experience in my life”

Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed February 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm actually surprised to read some of the bad reviews this motel is receiving. Unless it has changed drastically since my stay a month ago, the poor ratings are undeserved.

No, this isn't "The Ritz", but people should know that up front from the price and chain name. Yes, it's in an iffy area, but that's pretty much a given. "Nice" neighborhoods usually aren't found close to airport tarmacs. If proximity to SEA is important to you, that should be tolerable. Yes, the office is a bit tacky, but one doesn't sleep in the office. And yes, it's near the freeway and a truck stop, but we haven't found our rooms to be noisy on any of our stays here.

With those negatives out of the way, I'll hit the positives. Friends and I have stayed here a number of times on our way out of Seattle using the motel's Fly/Drive Special, which can't be beaten -- $88 for room, breakfast, transportation to/from the airport AND 7 days free parking. I challenge you to find that price anywhere else in the metropolitan area.

On every stay, our rooms have been clean and supplied all we needed overnight. (Fridge, microwave, hair dryer, decent TV, WiFi.) The beds were comfortable; the sheets were clean. The continental breakfast provided was better than those I've seen at more prestigious chains. Personnel were all friendly and very accommodating. The shuttle was prompt in both directions. Our vehicles were ready and waiting, undamaged, on our return. There were no Middle Eastern cooking odors, as one man reported; the rooms have always smelled fine; no bedbugs, roaches or other insects -- and I'm a nurse who is very fussy about such things. What more can anyone ask for that price? I have paid more and gotten much less.

Some reviewers complained about surly office staff. On my last stay, I had a chance to watch one of the desk clerks functioning under extreme pressure. I believe his name was Anthony. The guest checking in before us was NOT a happy camper. A mistake had been made on his reservation. Anthony remained courteous, even though the guest was obviously furious, tired and anxious to vent his spleen -- on anybody. Everything possible was done to appease the man and solve his problem. It must have been a bad night for online bookings because a mistake had been made on my reservation, also. The hotel was almost full, yet Anthony managed to find us a room that met our needs, without losing his cool.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. One recommendation I would make, though, is -- if you're going to be arriving at the motel after normal dinner hours, either stop on the way there to eat, or bring your own food to nuke in the microwave. There isn't much in the area as far as sit-down restaurants are concerned. Also, if you book online, be sure to bring your confirmation paperwork with you.

Room Tip: If you're using the Fly/Drive Deal, wait until morning to choose your parking spot. Park up fro...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2013

we arrived at 8:00 in the evening paid for a room and went to check out the room for cleanliness just to find the door already opened. took a look around and noticed how unkept and smelly this room was. pulled back bed spread to reveal disgusting stained bed sheets. there was a stick keeping window closed and found out from a police officer we were in a high crime area. we immediately went to get a refund and leave but they would not reimburse us. we left anyway and now are contacting corporate to get a refund and convey our disappointment. Days inn will hopefully punish these people for ruining their good name. Never again!! rude staff and manager did nothing to help with our concerns. No way to run a business. Highly recommend choosing another hotel in the area. this place is a dump that smells like cooking middle eastern food and insense

• Stayed: February 2013
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We apologize hearing in regards to your disappointing experience with your stay. It is very important for us to know any improvements necessary to the facility. In addition, front desk tries offering guests to switch rooms if any maintenance issues arise. As a valuable customer we hope to have you return and experience a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was critical that we have the best of everything in a room for my wife as she had brain surgery at UW Harborview Medical on the 18th of January. I'm certain that your entire service is the best/most for the money in the Seattle area. Yes there are always little things like we had to hold down the flush handle on the toilet, and I scratched the heel of my foot on the sharp nail head sticking up from the floor trim piece under the bathroom door of our room #122. But our eight(8) nights with you gave us the rest we needed to get the surgery done and start a proper recovery for my wife. She had to be strong for our return flight to Alaska. We stayed with you before this trip and we will stay with you again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

As a valuable customer we appreciate you taking the time letting management know in regards to your stay. We are glad our service and accommodation makes your stay away from home comfortable and enjoyable. It allows the hotel to improve and fix any issues necessary.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

hotel is next to the Interstate - so the rooms in the first floor are a little bit loud .
Hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport , - but we waited an hour !
room are ok for the price quiet clean , furniture is a littel bit older .
The free breakfast is ok .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Management appreciates you taking the time letting us know in regards to your stay. Our hotel is located off the freeway making it convenient for guest to find our location. We apologize for inconvenience of waiting for the shuttle and the noise. We appreciate your business and hope you'll return to our property requesting a more quieter room.
Managament

Reviewed January 5, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

So I Booked some rooms for my workers and they checked in on the 9th of december, and I asked how service was and they told me that certain staff were rude and really looked irritated when they came in to reup their keys for they never work or for clean towels.The muscle guy with the braces was rude and so was the little indian girl with glasses.So i wanted to see for myself about the service here for im spending money for 3 or more rooms.I checked in on the 16th and Anthony was working the desk he acknowledge my arrival and let me know he would be with me..as I checked in with Antonio he was Curtious,Helpful.He gave directions to a great buffet for me and my workers and also a great place for drinks..I told my workers staff wasnt so bad and they ALL said you must have had Antonio..As i checked out i saw what my workers were saying bout the muscle guy with braces,rude and was angered for me disturbing him from his texting,I wanted to talk to management that they need to see how Antonios customer service is
And learn from him for hes at the Top of his game...All in all rooms good,didnt do the breakfast and a so so experience, even if only 1 night.

• Stayed: December 2012

I would like to appreciate you taking the time in letting management know in regards to your stay. It is very important for us to know any improvements and impressions our employees leave on our guests. As a valuable customer we appreciate your business and hope to have you return to our location.
Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Seatac Airport
#19 of 35 in SeaTac
Northgate
Comfort Inn & Suites Seattle
Inn at Queen Anne
#76 of 105 in Seattle

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!