“Seattle to Alaska Trip 2012”

Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Rhome, Texas
“Seattle to Alaska Trip 2012”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days while in Seattle before our Cruise to Alaska. They had a good breakfast. Front desk clerk was nice and gave us a room away from the freeway. Running the A/C made all the noise outside very easy to sleep through. There was a Jack In The Box within walking distance and several other fast food chains. They had a pool and hot tub but we
didn't use it because lots of Kids were enjoying it. Room was clean and didn't smell of smoke! They do have old style bedspreads but I just folded it back. It was well worth the price we paid and it was close to the Museum of flight that we visited. I don't like staying by the airport so this was a good alternative. Never had any problems or where I didn't feel safe. It is an older property but I have stayed at a lot worse motels. They did have a nice washer and dryer that I used. We also found a nice restaurant inside a casino right down the road we ate at one night. You didn't have to gamble to eat there. We had no problem with the size of the dinning area it was not any smaller than any other place we have stayed at. They also outside tables weather premitting by the pool. I especially enjoyed the outdoor waterfall on the grounds.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor away from the freeway just past the pool near the steps up.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
seattle
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This Days Inn appears very old and looks much older than the photo on Trip Advisor. It's in a isolated part of town off of I-5 and there are a lot of truckers that stay here. The are is a bit sketchy and at times I felt the need to 'rush' to get into my room and lock the door. However, my flight arrived much earlier than expected, and even though the hotel was sold out the night before, Jonathan was very accommodating and worked to get me in a room when I arrived. After 2 days of flying and airports, I couldn't have asked for better service. The room had a coffee pot, microwave and mini-fridge. The lighting fixtures were old and one WORKING light fixture had the bulb literally hanging off of the side of the socket which could have been dangerous. This Days Inn isn't one of their new or renovated hotels, however, for the price, I couldn't have asked for better service. Often, in inexpensive chain hotels, the staff are not very helpful or overtly friendly. The service and staff at this hotel are what stood out as their greatest asset. That's certainly what took this 4 star rating above the 'average' mark. Thanks, Days Inn Tukwila. Your assistance for tired, weary travelers is greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: If possible get a room away from the "Trucker Parking" to avoid the noise of huge 'rig...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Walla Walla, WA
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have stayed at the Days Inn before and found it to be quite acceptable. This last time however, was not good. Either I do not know what a queen size bed should look like or it was in fact not a queen size. When I asked why we were given a standard bed they said that they do not have any and all were queen size. I tried to get on the internet many times before calling the desk. They said that they would reset the router. After several calls they said that there were many people on the system and I just could not get on. I went to the front desk to complain and he said that he was on the net and that there was nothing wrong with it. I never did get on even though I tried the next morning. The location is great, right off I-5, easy on easy off.

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times and will continue to stay at this hotel in the future. It is not fancy or anything special but for the price, it is worth every penny. Breakfast is typical - hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, danish,coffee/milk/juice, hand fruit. There used to be waffles but not this last visit. The pool is an outdoor pool & jacuzzi (pool was heated) - great for the kids. (Although, not always spotless due to occassional leaves, but usable). The rooms are clean. Room service was good. We have stayed several times as a typical night costs approx. $60. PLUS, bonus the super-center (mall-type) place is only approx. 10 minute drive (lots of good restaurants, malls, etc. such as Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Outback, Target, malls, & ther big stores). This hotel is approx. 15 minute drive (with no traffic) on the I-5 to Seattle. It's right off the I-5 so makes a good location (with gas stations close by).

Room Tip: We stayed in a double-queen upstairs & king downstairs - both with the pool courtyard and close...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travel_Folks_1
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked this hotel for two nights online from a recommended website. Upon arrival, the room was clean, but had an awful smell. Something I could overlook for the price.
The air conditioner never worked and the room was beyond uncomfortable. I spoke with the front desk manager, he was nice and offered to fix the unit, supply a fan, or move us later that night if the problem continued.
Again, for our second night there was no air conditioning. I phoned the desk and was told “housekeeping can sometimes fix things around here”. I chuckled and said ok, then was told I would have to wait until morning. When I responded to the front desk and told him I was checking out in the am, and that was not an acceptable answer to the dilemma, he told me not to stay at this hotel again.
This hotel solves problems by telling you to never come back. Why stay somewhere that doesn’t value a returning guest. We frequent this city frequently and know many others that do as well. Trust me, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

2 Thank Justin G
Wallowa, Oregon
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed 8/16 overnight, arriving early though it was no problem parking and allowed by management. My room was quite clean and comfortable though admittedly a tad musty (to be expected after going "No Smoking" after years of permitting such, as not all guests will respect this change). The staff from the front desk to the maid service were all friendly and quite accommodating to me, everyone receiving my questions and suggestions with attention & respect. Everything worked well from the kitchenette to shower/tub to lighting and TV. Nice wireless signal too. Very good dollar value, saving me $20+ over other nearby, available and comparable lodging. Was happy overall and will stay again, the location a good jumping off place to the Seattle metro area. If you are "high end" & expect such then this is not the place for you. However, if you are satisfied with a clean, comfy and safe place to rest and use as a base of exploration then this is a good choice in my estimation. The continental breakfast was very good too! Looking forward to my next visit, thank you. Respectfully, David

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are always quieter. Out front rooms are also quieter, as the freeway runs in the very...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank David W
southseattledaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Management appreciates your feedback in regards to your enjoyable stay. Each staff member works hard in making guests stay enjoyable and relaxing, therefore, hearing your feedback allows them to feel their work pays off. Your feedback helps us improve and service our guests better in the future. We hope to see you back again soon.
Management
Portland, Maine
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel was absolutely gross....Booked the hotel online. It stated pets were allowed. Got to the hotel and a sign stated "NO PETS"....I told the lady that it stated online they were allowed..she said "oh, it's a new policy and it wasn't changed online yet"....ok whatever. Walked into the room and it smelled like urine....disgusting smell. Found hairs in the shower...power went out in the bathroom and vanity area for about 3 hours...in the morning, made it hard to get ready....The bathroom had a broken door. Just a dirty dingy place. The so called "Continental Breakfast" was a joke...nothing to choose from, out of milk....we walked out and didn't take advantage....My recommendation is if you want a dirty room, choose this hotel. Oh and it cost $190 for two nights! On the bright side....the room was quiet and the bed was okay comfort wise!

Room Tip: Look at all reviews before you EVER book a room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhonda T
The hotel is conveniently located near South center mall, Sea-Tac Airport and downtown. We provide free amenities such as free Internet with a business center and complimentary breakfast. Its unfortunate that our accommodations were unsatisfying because management is always concern with improving the facility and services offered to guest.
Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila

Been to Days Inn Seattle South Tukwila? Share your experiences!