“A pleasant surprise”

Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed September 26, 2008

Wow .. who knew a Best Western could be so nice. Be sure to ask for a room with a River View .. that's the nice surprise. And it's close to everything in the area .. shopping .. freeways. Very comfortable beds/pillows .. that's a real plus on any trip. The room is newly decorated with plenty of room for everything .. extra conveniences like a sink & mirror outside of the bathroom so two people can get dressed at the same time. Nicely done.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 15, 2008

We stayed the nights of 9 and 10 september in this hotel to be close to the airport.
The hotelrooms are spacious with very comfortable beds and hot breakfast was included, this all for a good price.
The man that watched if ingredients of the breakfast were always available did his job very good. With hot breakfast we have seen different examples. Nice is also the shuttle service from the hotel to the airport, done by a very enthousiatic driver. From this hotel you can easily take a bus, busnr 150, to down town Seattle. The busstop is a walking distance of 10 minutes in the direction of highway 405 just in the opposite of hotel Comfort Suites. The busdrive takes you half an hour to get to downtown.
We have had dinner at Osushindgrill, next to the hotel. The quality and service was very good.
Wenn you look for an hotel near to the airport then this could be your choice.

Peter

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Made the reservation online from Seatac Airport, and when I contacted the hotel from the courtesy vehicle pick up area to ask about a shuttle, I was told they'd let the driver know to come pick me up. He arrived in just under 15 minutes, which was a welcome surprise given I'd already read that the hotel was a 15 minute ride from the airport.

Whoever had dealt with my reservation before I arrived had placed me in a 3rd floor room near the elevator, but on checking in I was asked if I had any preferences as to which floor I was on, and I said no, so he moved me down to a 2nd floor room at the far end from the lobby (it's possible this has proven to be a blessing in disguise - being at the far end of the hotel from the lobby means less instances of other residents passing my room, ergo less noise...)

The corridors to the rooms were clean and well lit, as was the elevator (stairs are available right next to the elevator if preferred).

Got to the room and was very happy with what I found. Everything nice and clean, room well maintained (I noted a previous poster being rather upset about a hole in the wall where the door handle hit it - my room had a reinforced pad on the wall in that position to stop that from happening), with all the mod cons - fridge, microwave and coffee maker next to the bathroom (also a hairdryer). TV a nice flat screen HD model, with about 35 cable channels available, most of them HD, and the standard on demand entertainment packages. A previous poster here complained the prices were too high, but as a frequent traveler I have to say the prices for movies here seem to be about standard, with the price increasing the more recent the movie is.

The bed was very comfortable, king size with lots of pillows available - bedding clean and fresh smelling.

Bathroom also very clean, including the caulking around the tub and surround - pipework under the sink not visible, short of getting to my hands and knees to look (which I wasn't about to do, lol!)

Air conditioning in the room was fine, not as noisy as most I've seen, and certainly no vibrating rumble from the unit when the compressor started up to chill the air - can't see the noise being a problem for all except the most sensitive sleepers.

Free wifi was available in the room, and for the one day I spent there, was consistently good in signal strength / quality.

The "O Sushi & Grill" restaurant / lounge was open in the evening, and could be accessed directly from the lobby as well as from the outside. Food was good enough for me, I'm not a fan of sushi, so I sat at the bar and had a plate from the teppan yaki menu - bar is well stocked with various liquors, wines and beers...

Overall, the restaurant was very nice, although imo it lacks any real character at this point (as much character as a hotel bar can have anyway!) - that said, it's only recently opened, so it may improve with time...

Complementary breakfast - I can't speak to the quality of this, since I had to check out and return to the airport before it started in the morning...

Nearby amenities - it's a short walk from the hotel to a 7/11, a wendys, jack in the box and Barnabys restaurant (the menu for barnabys can be found in the "in room" guest directory at the hotel) - a little further and you'll find yourself at the southcentral mall, although as a previous poster has said, you're probably better off taking a car to go there if you intend to shop.

Staff - everyone I met at the hotel was very friendly and polite.

Overall I had a very good experience at this hotel, and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We stayed here for five nights while visiting our family in the Seattle area. Encouraged by the positive reviews here, I booked this lodging as a more reasonably-priced accommodation in a rather pricey area. We've always had fairly good luck with Best Westerns in the past.

I have to admit that after the first night, I asked my husband if we should move to another hotel in the area where we'd stayed before, even though it was quite a bit more expensive. But then I remembered that this hotel has a 24 hr. cancellation policy, and we would have had to stay one more night or end up paying two lodgings for the same night. So we stayed for the five days I had booked.

The cons: The hotel has been renovated but the rooms are small and they couldn't increase space. In doing some of the renovations, they simply haven't done them well. What appears to have been a vanity area is now a small kitchen type area with a nice little sink. However, they've plopped the microwave there taking up all the counter space, and never moved the hair dryer! The hair dryer over the microwave?? There is now a fine vanity in the bathroom--move the hair dryer there. And find a way to put the microwave on top of the fridge.

The air conditioning unit is situated, at least in the room we had, blowing directly over the head of the bed. We had to build barriers with pillows and the one comfortable chair in the room so that we could sleep comfortably.

Housekeeping was sloppy. When we arrived in the room, the bathroom had not been thoroughly cleaned, esp. the toilet. Enough said. The black granite window sill looked as if it hadn't been dusted in a month. Some coffee stains remained on the counter from previous users. I'm not saying the place was filthy--bed was nicely made, all plump fresh towels in their places, carpeting clean and appeared vacuumed, etc. But not enough attention to detail.

Some other minuses--keys didn't work well, very hard to open the doors without several tries. I had the same experience with the shower that I think someone else mentioned--could turn hot or cold with no warning!

The Positives: A large flat screen HD TV. An excellent breakfast, with a large breakfast room, fine variety of food, and an attendant always on duty to replenish and clean tables. Except for the first night, where it was unavailable for a time, the internet access was good the rest of the time we were there.

We did not use the pool or exercise facilities, so I can't speak to their quality.

I think if you only have to stay one night and then fly out somewhere, this place is fine. For several nights, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Best Western River's Edge in Tukwila was our base for Seattle. We never knew a Best Western could be so nice. It has all the features you could want in a hotel. Very comfy beds, nice big room, great bathroom with an extra bar sink outside near the microwave & fridge. The flat-screen TV with high-def channels was awesome! We used the pool, too. Even though it's not far from Sea-Tac, we were never disturbed with jet noise. Their airport shuttle runs 24/7 which is very handy. It's also convenient to shopping & restaurants near the mall (just west) and it's easy to get to the major highways. We're very glad we picked this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 29, 2008

After a spectacular four-day stay in Washington, we needed a hotel near the airport for the last night before heading home. Based on reviews, I chose the BW River's Edge in Tukwila.

I was very happy with the choice. The hotel is very nicely decorated. The woman who handled our check-in was courteous and friendly. When we asked about supper options, she gave us coupons for The Rings restaurant across the street. (The meal was still pricey, but, especially with the discount coupon, was well worth it!). She would have given us coupons for the on-site restaurant, but it is a sushi place, and I don't like that.

The room was nicely decorated and very clean. There was a microwave and a fridge. The bed was incredibly comfortable. I think the best I've slept in in my life. Seriously. I want to buy one.

I paid $10 extra for a river view room. Not sure it was worth that because the river is kinda muddy looking, and a tree blocked part of the view. But I liked seeing that rather than the parking lot and pool on the other side of the hotel.

The continental breakfast was nicely done. There were lots of tables. Plus two waffle makers, so not much of a wait to make those. And the attendant was quick to assist those who had trouble making the waffles. There also was yogurt, fruit, a good selection of cereals, muffns, bagels.

Like the other reviewers have said, it's a very nice hotel. I would have liked to have stayed there longer.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2008

At the end of a two week trip, we were looking for a spot to stay near the airport. The Best Western had a good rating in the AAA book.

For the price, this Best Western was a very nice surprise. Very large room, well appointed, with incredible beds. Be careful of sleeping too late.

We had a room overlooking the river; nice extra.

Big breakfast on site helped us get to the airport on time, which is about fifteen minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2008