“Clammy, dank room”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Tacoma
“Clammy, dank room”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed at this hotel when it was a Best Western and really liked it. Now that it's changed to Ramada, the quality seems to have changed dramatically. The room we stayed in was dank, clammy, and smelled moldy. Although the front desk staff was nice and the breakfast was good, I won't stay there again. The room was just too unpleasant and uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank LesLeeEicher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is located not in the very good location (were trying to get to the baseball game - impossible if you don't drive or don't use the hotel provided shuttle. We used the shuttle, the driver was nice and advised us to call when we were coming back from the game to arrange the back way. We called, the shuttle came, never called us, didn't find us, left. We had to call in 30 mins as there was still no shuttle, so the driver had to drive back (why nobody called us to find still can't understand).
The pool closes at 9 - too early. Had no chance to use it. Maybe that's even better.
Had frustrating issues with water in the shower. The 10 mins process took forever as the water was switching from very cold to extremely hot with no reason and explanation.
The front desk stuff when we mentioned the shower issues was not reactive. Automatic "I'm sorry" and kinda "I don't care, you are the 10th complaining today"
The breakfast was not bad. The system is a bit confusing - you must have a key from the room, otherwise you look like a homeless coming there to eat for free (saw the lady being sent back to the room for the key as she forgot to grab one to prove she was staying in that hotel).
No good experience with this hotel at all. And the TV is like 20 years old

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vichtango
Sang L, General Manager at Ramada Tukwila Southcenter, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and would like to work with you directly regarding your stay. Please feel free to contact me at you earliest convenience. Linda Jones, Operations Manager Ljones@columbiahospitality.com
Fullerton, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall we had a very nice stay at this Ramada! We had a nice view of a small river and trees and everything was clean. The bed was nice and comfortable and the decor of the room was pleasing.

The major downside was the shower which would swing from hot to cold seemingly out of the blue. I imagine it has something to do with other rooms' usage of hot and cold water but either way it is something that should be addressed.

The customer service from the front desk employees wasn't anything special, just average, but it met my expectations. I don't require someone making near minimum wage to bend over backwards for me. I'm happy as long as they are polite and get me checked-in with a minimum amount of hassle and they did just that.

Breakfast was pretty good and I certainly had my fill. Definitely a big plus in my opinion. Oh, and they have a filtered water machine in the breakfast room that we used to fill up our water bottles before leaving the hotel after breakfast. This was very much appreciated!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Convenient to SeaTac, I got a great rate on a king room with AARP at this hotel, plus points on my Wyndham Rewards card.

My room was clean, quiet, and comfy.

Complaints:

1) The girl who checked me in was texting up until the last possible moment, and I greeted her instead of her greeting me.

2) The shower. The temps were inconsistent when the neighbors flushed, and the faucet was hooked up backwards - hot was where cold should be and vice-versa. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but with an anti-scald faucet that is a real safety issue.

3) They have a 3rd party TV set-up on their DirecTV and it absolutely blows. Slow to respond and very difficult to navigate.

I will probably stay here again, but I hope these things do get addressed. I have stayed at worse for more money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel was nice. The rooms were very clean. The only issue was the water temp in the shower..cold vs hot. Helene was very nice when we checked in..she tried to accomodate us as soon as possible with an early check-in. She made sure we got breakfast too. Very sweet person. The buffet was okay, could have used some bacon..lol. The hotel was located pretty south, but the Westfield mall was at walking distance. That was a very nice mall. I have to give big kudos to Rick, the shuttle driver. He made it so easy for us to get around in the big city. He took us to the mall, the light rail to venture downtown. He was very knowledgeable and had great customer service skills. We would stay again just to see Rick :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Been to Ramada Tukwila Southcenter? Share your experiences!