“Surprising”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Cincinnati, OH
“Surprising”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel has it all - nice cheap rooms, refrig, microwave, clean, etc. - close to the Sea-Tac airport - 15 min.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carrotop
Sang L, Manager at Ramada Tukwila Southcenter, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Fritz Creek, Alaska
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed here one night after a very long day, flying from Bordeaux, France via Paris and Iceland. Wanted a simple meal and sleep. We found the in house restaurant was a Japanese Steak House not a Grill. Not what we expected. Had to walk across the street to another restaurant which was very good. The location is a little away from the airport but the shuttle service was very good. Other than the restaurant no other complaints.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We have stayed here several times. I like that it is far enough away from the airport to be quiet but near to Southcenter and Ikea. It isn't fancy but it is clean, quiet and not as expensive as downtown--that is good enough for me.
There is currently (October 2011) construction going on over on the Parkway parallel to I-5 so getting off coming north it is better to go to 405 north then take the #1 exit to get to the hotel. We were going to dinner and tried to get off from I-5 and it was full of traffic and some detours.
I was going to try one of the neighboring hotels, but the one I wanted only had double beds (vs. Queens at Best Western) and higher rates. I have used the reservation service and lucked out with better rates sometimes. Last time I called the day of my trip and had to pay about $150 because they were nearly full, but this time it was around $120. Then we got another room and when I looked at the bill the 2nd room was $109. The morning clerk gave me matching prices for both. The night clerks were friendly and efficient. The shuttle driver was introducing himself to his clients (we drove). The cleaning staff changed all the towels even though we would have used ours over.
Breakfast had cooked egg rectangles (suitable for muffins I suppose?), with sausage links one day and patties the next. You can make your own Belgian waffles, instant oatmeal, have bananas, yogurt, Danish, cereal... Not too bad. Would have loved some soy milk though.
Liked the free Wi-Fi everywhere, too.
On a previous trip, my son became ill and the hotel is southwest of Renton which has a WalMart and other stores that stayed open late so I could get cough syrup and the like.
The Green River Trail is close, and runs along the river for walking or biking.

Room Tip: There is a river on one side--so that view is better than the parking lot side. Pretty quiet on eit...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Wen-Apples
Modesto
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed the night and lodging was adequate with the stay being quiet with a nice complimentary breakfast. However, the carpet in the room had numerous stains and the room smelled musty. Wouldn't stay again due to the "feeling" of the room being dirty and unkept. White socks will be thrown away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian A
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed at this Best Western several times...usually the night before a flight from Seatac. We have always enjoyed the stay as it is off the beaten track and therefore very quiet.
Breakfast is the usual fare but this time we found it a little lacking. Not sure what it was but it just wasn't up to the usual standard of cleanliness and freshness. We might try another hotel/motel the next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the front desk.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank London.dreaming
renton
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for one night in July 2011. I was charged a extra $500 for having a dog in the hotel, which I never did. I did have my dog with me, but in the car, and I never brought my dog into the hotel since they said there would be a fine. Everyone in the hotel knew I had a dog because I would go outside to my dog and walk her around the hotel (which was allowed) and give here water and food and then place her back in the car with the windows cracked. The night I was staying at the a man and a female that worked in the hotel came into my room and checked my bathroom for a water leak, and they saw no dog, because I never brought a dog in the hotel. The next morning I asked for a late check out since and the front desk told me that I could have one. I was never told that there would be a fee for the late check out and due to my surprise they charged me a fee for the late check out as well. Also in the morning the maids did come to my room. What I believe happened was that they knew I had a dog outside and they figured why not charge for the dog coming into the hotel even though this never happened. The front desk manager told me that they would review the hotel tapes and get back to me, I gave the hotel over a week to do so and called again. This time I could never talk to the desk manager. I left many messages for him. Finally I called and demanded to talk to the hotel manager, after about twenty calls I was finally directed to him. I asked the hotel manager excatly why I was charged for having a dog in the hotel and if they ever saw the dog. He said that one of his housekeepers told him that she heard a dog, but no this housekeeper never actually saw the dog even though she went into the room. The other reason was because the front desk saw me bring a suit case into the hotel. Yes, I will admit bringing a suit case into the hotel where I was staying the night because the suitcase is what I had my clothes in. I asked him then why was I charged because I brought a suitcase in and he said that he believes my dog was in my suitcase. I then explained to him that he must of never saw my dog because there was not way my dog would fit inside the suitcase, and that it would be horrible for a person to do that to a dog. I have never put a animal in a suitcase but I believe that if you did the animal would not be quiet and would be scarred. He admitted to never seeing the dog, and never having anyone who worked at the hotel see the dog inside the hotel, but that he knew I had a dog, and therefore he, himself put the fact that I had a dog outside and that I brought a suitcase into the hotel (as did many other guest did) that I must of put my dog in the suitcase and brought my dog inside the hotel. The hotel manager was just fishing for a reason to charge me a extra $500, and he told me that he could not issue me a refund because they had no proof that I did not bring my dog into the hotel, even though they never actually saw the dog, and they had nothing on their cameras. The hotel charged me two extra charges that I never knew about which was a dog fee, and a late check out fee, which was almost $200.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here! If you do review all your charges before leaving the hotel!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank ally t
Ventura
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed here for one night while waiting to pick up our daughters at the airport. The positives are the location. It is about 10 minutes to seatac, and very near shopping and dining. They also provide a breakfast which is ok. This was the 5th hotel we had stayed at in as many days and just not what we had come to expect. The room was not as clean or nice as others we had stayed at on our trip. I am a bit puzzled by the fact that this hotel is rated higher than the Embassy suites across the street. After staying in this hotel we stayed 3 nights in the Embassy suites a few days later and found it to be superior in every way. While not a dump, I believe there are better options for the same price.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Vta_dude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila
Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#19 of 34 in SeaTac
Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area

Been to Ramada Tukwila Southcenter? Share your experiences!