DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Not coming back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was our second stay. Last time was fine. Prices were higher this time, but we booked anyway. The room we were given had not been cleaned well at all. The carpet was dirty, with clothing tags and litter on the floor. The bathroom sink area was covered with toothpaste residue. We politely complained and housekeeping was sent to clean up. The staff was polite, but I would have much preferred a room change at that point. We felt uneasy after that... perhaps the sheeets hadn't been changed, etc. This is our second bad experience at a Hilton-owned hotel. Both times we have registered polite complaints but have never received a response.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy274, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. We are researching your stay information to see how this occured, and we will follow up to be sure we avoid this experience for other guests in the future. I'm dissapointed as always to hear that a guest will not return. But, as a consumer I understand your hesitation with what you can expect after the second time.

Thank you again for your time in reporting this to us.

Tracy Harms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

So, I found myself 2 stays short of status at Hilton at the start of December (and no work trips on the books) so decided to spend one of those stays here. The price was very reasonable and got upgraded to a larger room which was a nice treat.

Because this was Christmas Party season, there were a lot of company revelers at the hotel. Not a huge problem but a bit noisy. The bedroom was along the windows with a living room (thus the "suites") in the middle so was able to muffle most of the noise and slept well.

The hotel is located in the Southcenter shopping area south of the city and a short shuttle ride away from the airport. This was convenient to do some Christmas shopping in the morning.

It seemed that the restaurant staff was a bit overwhelmed as they were rather stressed at the volume of guests and it was VERY obvious (limited service and a bit of disorder).

The hotel is older but they have done some updates and the rooms were plenty comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Olympic Penninsula
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Pleasant hotel across divided street from Southcenter Mall. Rooms ok, bar nice, staff uncaring.
I am handicapped, with a cane. When I asked about another restaurant, they said there wasn't one (Outback Steakhouse is next door I found out later). I had dinner in the bar (burger and fries with no seasoning). I got burger and highly seasoned fries. Bartender took them off the bill.
Next morning I asked about seasoning on hashbrowns because I am allergic, then asked if I could get french toast without the eggs. The waiter couldn't care less, said if I'm allergic or don't want something, then don't order it. Since I would have had to pay for french toast, eggs and meat if I only wanted the 2 slices of french toast, I skipped breakfast.
When I pointed out to the front desk that their HHornors Benefits room flyer had a typo that said the hotel's restaurant was only open mornings (not lunch or dinner times) the receptionist was very nasty, said, "Don't leave!" when I turned to go, and insisted I stand there until he discovered I was right. Then, instead of saying I was right or apologizing, he said, "thank you for calling it to my attention," and turned away. Not very pleasant experience so I would suggest you do not point out any errors, mention any allergies, or ask for any omissions in their food service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New Richmond, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this property for 2 reasons. 1) The price of admission was very good and 2) they are the only Doubletree/Hilton in the Seattle airport area that offers full breakfast to Diamond members.

I met my sister there for a weekend of shopping and a visit to our grandmother. This place was a great score for all of our objectives. Nestled into a great area filled with shopping and food, it is also very close to the Seattle airport. We ventured into the downtown area with a very quick drive on I-5 to visit the market and also had easy access to get out of town to the south for our visit with grandma.

The property has the look and feel of a former Embassy Suites. The room had great flat screen TVs in both the front room with the couch and desk as well as within the bedroom. The shower had AWESOME water pressure which is a huge plus for me. Parking was ample and places to eat were numerous within walking distance.

I used the fitness center and found the equipment to be the newest, most advanced cardio equipment I have used in any hotels. Excellent! There were several treadmills, ellipticals, free weights and several weight machines for use. Balls, mats and everything you could need for a great workout.

The free diamond breakfast was great and everything I expected from a Hilton/Doubletree breakfast from a food perspective. The service was sketchy in the breakfast both days trying to get more coffee, cream, etc. They were not busy, just not paying attention.

If there is a downside to this property,we did not find it. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I would stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Belfair, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great staff that strive for a pleasant stay. Comfortable rooms with a separate bedroom. Great breakfast yummy warm cookies and nice lounge area for a cocktail. The grand kids love the indoor non crowded pool
Mall, restaurants and movie theaters, within walking distance

• Stayed December 2012
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Revisited after some time and still found it to DoubleTree standards. A little older, but clean and quiet. Met & greeted with with warmth & with the usual warm cookies at check in. Free parking a rarity. Good restaurants and very convenient to Southcenter shopping mall. Found many airlines use this place as their layover hotel.
L & AK

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We brought our organizations annual Ladies Holiday brunch back to the Hilton Southcenter after several years of dining elsewhere. The catering Sales Manager, Kristine Al-Shimary was excellent to work with and your staff on-duty did a great job. The food and service was fantastic and we plan to return next year for our annual Ladies Holiday Brunch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave
Courtyard Seattle Southcenter

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Property: DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Address: 16500 Southcenter Parkway, Tukwila, WA 98188-3388
Location: United States > Washington > Tukwila
#2 Green Hotel in Tukwila
#3 Business Hotel in Tukwila
#5 Family Hotel in Tukwila
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter 3.5*
Enjoy your stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter, located only three miles from Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA), just south of the I-5 and I-405 intersection. Use the complimentary hotel airport shuttle bus service and ample parking facilities. You’ll receive a warm welcome to this Seattle airport hotel with a signature chocolate chip cookie and enjoy a wide range of amenities like high-speed internet access. The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter is conveniently situated for access to Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and the Port of Seattle. If you’re a business traveler, you’ll enjoy the proximity to major Pacific Northwest industries and corporations like Boeing facilities, Alteon, Microsoft, Weyerhaeuser and Starbucks. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Hotel Seattle Southcenter