DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Great Getaway Property”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this property for 2 reasons. 1) The price of admission was very good and 2) they are the only Doubletree/Hilton in the Seattle airport area that offers full breakfast to Diamond members.

I met my sister there for a weekend of shopping and a visit to our grandmother. This place was a great score for all of our objectives. Nestled into a great area filled with shopping and food, it is also very close to the Seattle airport. We ventured into the downtown area with a very quick drive on I-5 to visit the market and also had easy access to get out of town to the south for our visit with grandma.

The property has the look and feel of a former Embassy Suites. The room had great flat screen TVs in both the front room with the couch and desk as well as within the bedroom. The shower had AWESOME water pressure which is a huge plus for me. Parking was ample and places to eat were numerous within walking distance.

I used the fitness center and found the equipment to be the newest, most advanced cardio equipment I have used in any hotels. Excellent! There were several treadmills, ellipticals, free weights and several weight machines for use. Balls, mats and everything you could need for a great workout.

The free diamond breakfast was great and everything I expected from a Hilton/Doubletree breakfast from a food perspective. The service was sketchy in the breakfast both days trying to get more coffee, cream, etc. They were not busy, just not paying attention.

If there is a downside to this property,we did not find it. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I would stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Belfair, Washington
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great staff that strive for a pleasant stay. Comfortable rooms with a separate bedroom. Great breakfast yummy warm cookies and nice lounge area for a cocktail. The grand kids love the indoor non crowded pool
Mall, restaurants and movie theaters, within walking distance

• Stayed December 2012
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Revisited after some time and still found it to DoubleTree standards. A little older, but clean and quiet. Met & greeted with with warmth & with the usual warm cookies at check in. Free parking a rarity. Good restaurants and very convenient to Southcenter shopping mall. Found many airlines use this place as their layover hotel.
L & AK

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We brought our organizations annual Ladies Holiday brunch back to the Hilton Southcenter after several years of dining elsewhere. The catering Sales Manager, Kristine Al-Shimary was excellent to work with and your staff on-duty did a great job. The food and service was fantastic and we plan to return next year for our annual Ladies Holiday Brunch.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I am up in this area a LOT for business and for leisure activities. This hotel is a bit older but is cleaner, quieter and a bit nicer than the others I have tried.

The Hilton Honors local extras are nice: a warm cookie at check in and a couple of complimentary bottles of water in the room. Much nicer than at the Hampton and the Hilton Garden Inn (both are relatively close by).

The hotel is close to the airport but not in the flight pattern so it is quiet. It also adjoins an Outback Steak house so it's not too far to stumble back after a few cocktails and dinner.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Cachims
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel when I am in Seattle and the staff is exceptional. Whatever I needed help with, the people who work there went above and beyond. In particular, Laura C. and Rebecca H. were so kind and offered great suggestions when I asked. The room was clean and I enjoyed every aspect of this hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is also very convenient to the airport and there is an amazing Thai restaurant closeby called, Simply Thai.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver BC
Reviewed November 3, 2012

1. I have reserved a King size corner room because I need a roomy room but I only got a much smaller King size suit. 2. I prefer a quieter room, that's why I hope it located at the corner but what I got was a room next to the elevator. 3. The front staff said, to off-set the disappointment of my reserved room type, they offered me complimentary WiFi but the network signal is poor. Turn out I need to go downstairs to use the public computer. 4. Front desk told me they lower my room rate for $30 but actually it is not the case. I did pay less because of the type of room I was staying is cheaper but not really a compensation offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
Cedarbrook Lodge
Cedarbrook Lodge
#1 of 34 in SeaTac
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Property: DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Address: 16500 Southcenter Pkwy, Tukwila, WA 98188-3388
Location: United States > Washington > Tukwila
#2 Green Hotel in Tukwila
#3 Business Hotel in Tukwila
#5 Family Hotel in Tukwila
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter 3.5*
Enjoy your stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter, located only three miles from Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA), just south of the I-5 and I-405 intersection. Use the complimentary hotel airport shuttle bus service and ample parking facilities. You’ll receive a warm welcome to this Seattle airport hotel with a signature chocolate chip cookie and enjoy a wide range of amenities like high-speed internet access. The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter is conveniently situated for access to Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and the Port of Seattle. If you’re a business traveler, you’ll enjoy the proximity to major Pacific Northwest industries and corporations like Boeing facilities, Alteon, Microsoft, Weyerhaeuser and Starbucks. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Hotel Seattle Southcenter