“Completely average for the area it's in.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Completely average for the area it's in.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I generally like to stay at this hotel because it's right beside my favorite restaurant in the Sea Tac area. There's nothing really wrong with the hotel but it fails to impress and live up to the Double Tree name. The rooms are extremely dated, the carpets are stained from years of use and some things don't really look clean but they're so old that it's probably as clean as you can get them. Having said that though, most of the hotels in the area are that way as well. I've stayed at just about every 3 star hotel in the area and that's why I say that this hotel is average for the area. The bottom line is if the Double Tree is running a deal then have no regrets staying there but if not someone else in the area might be running a deal and it would be worth your time to look into it.

Room Tip: Make sure that you specify that you want a non smoking room if you're not a smoker.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
San Clemente, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am a Diamond member with Hilton and at one time have stayed in this hotel 50+ nights a year but now only come here when everything else is sold out. The people are great from the front desk to the waiters in the restaurant. Parking is free and it is in a great location with Southcenter shopping and restaurants in walking distance. However the place is in desperate need of being updated and refreshed. During my last three visits to the hotel I have experienced toilets that run all night, dripping faucets, closet doors frozen in place so could not access the iron or the temperature controls that are in the closet. The desk chairs are old and uncomfortable (I travel here on business and spend hours working at night). A few weeks ago I had a room with no desk lamp and despite three calls could not get one. Then there are the elevators. Of the three, only two are ever working and then sometimes only one. Plus a ride on the elevator is like the Tower of Terror at Disneyland. Hard and sudden stops, bouncing at each stop with doors that open slowly and many times only enough to squeeze out of before they close again. If they ever update the hotel and do some badly needed repairs I will return since the people here are service oriented and attentive. Until that happens, I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tracy274, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for being such a loyal guest at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and will be sure to pass the message along. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Seattle/Southcenter
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

It never fails to amaze me when a hotel chain with a quality name hotel brand (such as Doubletree) allows its good name to be sullied by a crummy property. Such is the case with Doubletree Suites in Southcenter Seattle.

If it were a bargain chain -- yes, Holiday Inn Express for example -- I would probably rate it as average. But a penalty point for calling it a Doubletree and pretending it's a better hotel than it is. It's not. It's a disappointment. Here's what you can expect:

First -- the arrival. There is no garage and parking is on a poorly-kept lot. I tell you, in the Northwest where there's lots of rain, that matters. No clean paths or lighted sidewalks. So just hope you don't get splashed by an oncoming car when you get ready to head inside.

The atrium style interior from the 70s is aesthetically displeasing enough -- but get this: they rent out various floors on the 2nd floor to commercial tenants whose signage consists of home-made signs draped over the balconies. We're talking the *inside* balconies. It gives you a "holy cow they're about to declare bankruptcy" feeling when you walk in.

I did appreciate, very much, the customer service of the front desk clerk who welcomed me in. Through no fault of her own she had five check-ins at the same time and was responsible to answer the phone too. She did a marvelous job (I think her name is Laura) and treated all of us with efficiency and respect. I don't think I spent more than 10 minutes in line even though there were four in front of me when I got there.

And she was professionally supportive (and justifiably horrified) when shortly afterward I called down to report that my room was clean, but my bathroom wasn't. (I'll spare the readers a photo of the toilet upon entry -- and while it wasn't horrible, let's just say there was a bit of residue from the previous guest. Or... who knows... maybe the guest before that one.) A housecleaner appeared quickly and took care of the problem -- but, I kid you not, I had to double check her work before she left and it still wasn't satisfactory so she had to do it again.

I'm not as awful as I sound. I have a right to expect a clean toilet, right?

The elevators. There are three, they are very very slow, and one doesn't work. That leaves two -- and the one that I rode was very very thumpy. Each time I took elevator a guest on the elevator would lament or gasp. When the elevator finally landed on the ground floor, it was kind of like a plane landing in a windstorm. It is neither a quiet nor a comfortable ride.

Here's the good news: The rooms are large. That's a positive. It is truly a suite hotel, and my room had a full room as well as a full sitting room. Lots of space. If I were travelling with kids, this would be a good bargain. The bed was made well and the sheets were typical of a Doubletree. (Phew.)

The bad news: The curtains are 70s era. And there's a large window from your room into the corridor, kind of like your living room window. Except, most people's living room's don't look out into a corridor, and who wants a window out into the corridor? So weird. Fortunately there's a curtain covering it -- but again, ick.

Anyway, sorry to the fine staff, but there's no way I'd ever stay here again. And, sadly, the next time I consider Doubletree, I'll be wondering whether or not the chain is still as good as I always believed it was.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tracy H, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
We’re very sorry we didn’t provide you with the high quality of amenities you deserved during one of your past stays at our hotel.We appreciate the opportunity to help make it right and address the issues with the rooms. We hope you’ll consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area. We are undergoing a complete remodel, and would welcome your visit to experience our new property end of Spring.

Kind Regards,

Tracy Harms

Director of Sales & Marketing
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at the Double Tree for one night only because it was close to the airport. It was an easy walk to the rail service (although easier if the concierge would have given better directions.) The next morning the free airport shuttle dropped us at the airport at no charge. A very pleasant night. Two queen beds, nice linens - I thought the mattress was too soft, but my husband thought it was just right. Would have appreciated a room safe, but otherwise the room was just fine. We wanted to eat breakfast at the hotel restaurant, but it was was over-priced.

Room Tip: ask for a room closer to the front of the property, otherwise you will be walking a lot!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

we enjoyed very much the location.If you hire a car it is close to the airport and to the highway to Seattle and south region.The accommodations are very good.Breakfast very good.
rooms on the north side are quite.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side are quite
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Older, dingy rooms; however, they were at least clean. The "atrium" style of this hotel projects noise (conversations from the lobby, noise from the bar, etc.) towards your room. Thankfully, the loud, constant drone of the heating/air unit helped drown out the noise. Breakfast was good; ample food and we were able to get in and out quickly (stayed there for work). There was one particularly helpful and friendly gentleman working the breakfast area...wish I would have caught his name. Close to a mall and a handful of restaurants near the mall (mostly chains). Easy access to major highways. Close to the airport.

Room Tip: I was in 1220, which directly faces the bar in the atrium. It got especially loud during Monday Nigh...
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have our annual floral show @ the Southcenter Doubletree every year. They do an amazing job for us evry single time. The staff is friendly, courteous, & very quick to respond on every single request. The food was delicious on the buffet as well....(-o; Wonderful job by everyone @ the hotel! We will always use this hotle for our annual event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave
Courtyard Seattle Southcenter

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Property: DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Address: 16500 Southcenter Parkway, Tukwila, WA 98188-3388
Location: United States > Washington > Tukwila
#2 Green Hotel in Tukwila
#3 Business Hotel in Tukwila
#5 Family Hotel in Tukwila
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter 3.5*
Enjoy your stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter, located only three miles from Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA), just south of the I-5 and I-405 intersection. Use the complimentary hotel airport shuttle bus service and ample parking facilities. You’ll receive a warm welcome to this Seattle airport hotel with a signature chocolate chip cookie and enjoy a wide range of amenities like high-speed internet access. The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter is conveniently situated for access to Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and the Port of Seattle. If you’re a business traveler, you’ll enjoy the proximity to major Pacific Northwest industries and corporations like Boeing facilities, Alteon, Microsoft, Weyerhaeuser and Starbucks. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Hotel Seattle Southcenter