“Excellent, best I have stayed at.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
GreenLeadersSilver level
tukwila
“Excellent, best I have stayed at.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

I have stayed at this particular hotel at least 50 days so far in 2011.
I have introduced a minimum of six of my colleagues to this hotel where we all stay.
The facility is exceptional but what makes this the best hotel I have stayed at for any business travel is the staff. I along with my colleagues recommend this hotel to all of our co-workers. We have all been very impressed and very pleased with all aspects of our stays. Steve, Richard, Jeremy, Shelley, Daniel just to mention a few are exceptional managers and staff members. Please feel free to contact me for any additional comments. 480-273-2585

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Ulm, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

Staff are trying; hotel needs updating. You can hear every word of conversation from the rooms next door.

Room Tip: walls paper-thin; dated
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed on the weekend of March 25, 2011. Jeremy handled my check-in efficiently and politely as there were may guests wating to check-in. He accomodated all of my requests and made my stay very enjoyable. On a previous trip, Steve checked me in with the same treatment. These two gentlemen really understand customer service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
DTGS, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Suites by Hilton in Seattle/Southcenter. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our overall accommodations and our services. I want to thank you for your kind remarks regarding the check-in staff. I will definitely pass this on to both Jeremy and Steve. Your comments serve as motivation for us to do even better. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

I stayed here for a few nights while on business. My biggest complaint was in regards to the 24 hour shuttle. Myself and a colleague waited for the shuttle at the airport for 45 minutes, which is ridiculous, considering the hotel is less than 10 minutes away. It was 12:30 in the afternoon, which wasn't during peak traffic times, so I feel there should be no excuse. To compensate, we received free appetizer vouchers to eat at the on-site restaurant, as well as a free in-room movie. While initially this sounded okay, we discovered that 6 out of 7 of the appetizers were seafood, and I do not eat seafood. Instead I received a $6 bowl of french onion soup, and paid $4 for a side salad containing mostly iceberg lettuce. The service was mediocre at best.
Other than that, the pool and spa were nice, as well as the workout room. I enjoyed the clock radio iPod capability as well. The room was large and sufficient for my needs. I may go here again, providing I have my own transportation the next time around and will eat elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Walla Walla, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights in mid-February, 2011 for a regional educators conference. I came with limited expectations, but was disappointed by the staff's lack of attention to detail. Unless you HAVE to stay here, consider another location. Examples include:
(1) Asked front desk about a running path shown as located 1/2 mile away. They neglected to tell me it was being used as a flood dike and was closed.
(2) Even though I put a "Do Not Disturb Sign" on my door, the maid came in to clean
(3) I left the ceiling fan on in the bathroom for 45 minutes, and my room smelled like I had been chain smoking for a half hour
(4) The windows sweat and there was a collection of mold all the way across the sill. Someone had made a weak attempt to caulk this area.
(5) Don't get a room on the I-5 side, unless you like the sound of trucks
(6) The walls in the living room are single strength sheet rock
(7) The room service food was pretty good, but 12 hours to pick up a tray?
(8) The electrical outlets in the room are outdated and hard to reach. The desk lamp had no outlets on it. The outlets in the bedroom are all stuffed behind the bed.
(9) WiFi was a little faster than dial-up
(10) Maid staff likes to take their breaks by sitting on the floor next to the guess rooms and lean against the wall

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank scooterwa2
DTGS, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us. We greatly appreciate it, as it is our goal to provide you with a “Perfect 10” experience. Part of achieving this goal is done through improving upon our product and services. So thank you for giving us that opportunity.

The overall feedback we received from the attendees of your event has been positive; however, we have shared your comments with all department heads and will continue to work hard to earn your loyalty and confidence with us.

I specifically want to thank you for letting us know about the running path. Although we were well aware that the area was being used as a flood dike, we were oblivious to the fact that it was closed. We have already passed this information on to several guests that have inquired about it.

Again, I want to thank you for your candor and for giving us the opportunity to serve you on your visit to Seattle.
Aberdeen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

The location cant be beat on this hotel. It isnt right on the airport strip, but they offer the shuttle that takes less then 10 minutes and I thought that was great. The fact we could stay at a place that is within the block of a huge mall and many great restauraunts was a huge perk to me.
As for the accomadations I felt they were so so, my biggest problem was i decided to spend an extra 30 bucks on the room just to have a little nicer accomadations and when I got to my room it was right at the level of a rooftop on the 2nd floor, and we had one of the main heat pumps right next to our bedroom window, figuring I would not get any sleep the night before my flight I did request a move and they accomidated very quickly, but I was a little bummed that that is what paying extra gets you. But all in all it was a pretty good stay, and for an airport stay and what it has around it I will definately go back, just not pay for any upgrade...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Suites by Hilton in Seattle/Southcenter. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us while taking advantage of our location. We consider ourselves to be an airport property, being one exit away, without all the airport noise! We do indeed have a great selection of restaurants within walking distance, which I am glad you experienced.

In regards to the room accommodations, please accept my sincerest apologies. Unfortunately, the room you were initially given is next to an air vent on the roof. I would not recommend this room to any guests that are sensitive to noise. Our rooms, however, are all suites with more than 430 square feet of living space. The corner room upgrades, for the additional $30.00, are 200 square feet larger than our standard suites and come with other features like a kitchenette. Being that they are in the corners of our building, they provide a more private and quieter experience.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see again soon!
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

The Doubletree Suites is a good choice for an overnight layover in Seattle, especially with kids -- or for shopping! The living room and the bedroom are separated by a door, so when traveling with kids, it's a great choice. (Even if you're not traveling with kids, this layout means that there is no hallway noise in the bedroom.)

The airport shuttle is free and runs 24 hours. My only (relatively minor) complaint is that the shuttle leaves the hotel on a schedule (every 30 minutes). We needed to be at the airport by 5:00 a.m., which meant that we had to take the 4:30 shuttle, which arrived at the airport about 4:40. We would have liked that extra 20 minutes of sleep! We asked for a different departure when we checked in at 10:30 p.m. but the answer was no. It was a short night!

We've also stayed at the Doubletree Suites when we've been flying into Seattle for a short stay involving shopping. It's across the street from a great mall.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave
Courtyard Seattle Southcenter

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Property: DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Address: 16500 Southcenter Parkway, Tukwila, WA 98188-3388
Location: United States > Washington > Tukwila
#2 Green Hotel in Tukwila
#3 Business Hotel in Tukwila
#5 Family Hotel in Tukwila
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter 3.5*
Enjoy your stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter, located only three miles from Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA), just south of the I-5 and I-405 intersection. Use the complimentary hotel airport shuttle bus service and ample parking facilities. You’ll receive a warm welcome to this Seattle airport hotel with a signature chocolate chip cookie and enjoy a wide range of amenities like high-speed internet access. The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport – Southcenter is conveniently situated for access to Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and the Port of Seattle. If you’re a business traveler, you’ll enjoy the proximity to major Pacific Northwest industries and corporations like Boeing facilities, Alteon, Microsoft, Weyerhaeuser and Starbucks. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Hotel Seattle Southcenter