“Nice hotel, good location”

Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Rooms are very nice and comfortable. We had a king bed, it had a work desk area and a sitting chair. All comfortable. Fridge, microwave, coffee, etc. We stayed for a week. Breakfast was every morning. Typical breakfast fair, but very good and fresh. Front desk staff very helpful and polite. Free transport to the big mall in the area, which was nice. We would use this hotel again if needed in a heartbeat. It was a wonderful stay. There is a pool but we didn't use it, but I did see others use it. It was an outside pool.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mageeclan
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We checked in late, (8.15 PM) much later than we'd planned. Having been on the road a few days, we needed to do some laundry. I asked the receptionist if there was a laundry and was told yes. I then bought a box of detergent from her.

By the time we were settled in the room, it was 8.30. There was no indication in the room's book where the laundry was, so I had to go down to the front desk to ask. The woman, the very same one who'd checked us in not fifteen minutes earlier, told me it was on the third floor, and that it closes at 9 PM.
Gee, thanks.
Now I admit, no one likes to have a running washer next to his room, but I wish the woman had told me BEFORE I bought the detergent that there was a closing time on the laundry. You can't wash and dry a load of clothes in half an hour.
And it opens at 9 AM, long after we were planning on being back on the road.
Not very helpful.
Otherwise, it was a good place to stay, quiet, considering how close to the highway it is (you heard traffic noise but the walls were thick enough to mute it).
The breakfast was typical motel fare: cheese omelets, waffles, bagels, cold cereal. Coffee was pretty good, considering it was motel coffee.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. We stay at lots of Hampton Inns when we travel and we usually rate them as "good ones" or "eh- not so hot". This was a "good one" and probably wouldn't stand out from other "good ones," but the staff here were exceptionally friendly. Particularly the ladies who staffed the breakfast. That I'm still remembering friendly Hampton Inn ladies two weeks after I took a fabulous Alaskan cruise says something.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan V
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn while visiting the Seattle area. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very nice. There was ample safe parking. The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn breakfast that was well stocked. If visiting this area again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rdwacw
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Hampton Inn Seattle Southcenter. We went on a cruise to Alaska and decided to spend a night in Seattle before the cruise. Everyone was very helpful and it's a great value. We were picked up from the airport with their complimentary shuttle service by a very courteous driver. Check in was fast and our room was clean and comfortable. The next day we enjoyed their complimentary breakfast which had a good selection of hot and cold foods (scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, pastries and breads). We asked about visiting downtown Seattle for a few hours before our cruise and they offered to drive us to the nearby light rail station and picked us up when we returned (the fare for the light rail was $5 per person round trip and it took about 25 minutes to get to downtown). They also arranged the transportation to the pier. We had thought about staying in downtown Seattle, but I'm so glad we chose this hotel instead. It was a far better value and they go out of their way to help their guests. I would definitely recommend the Hampton Inn Southcenter.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chef21
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The staff were amazing. Shuttle to and from Seatac was quick and easy. Will definatley stay here again next time we are in the area. Maybe they will have real eggs for breakfast by then. My only complaint!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We've stayed at this Hampton Inn twice recently, using the stay and fly package. Both times we left our car for seven days and took their shuttle to and from the airport. Friendly people and a nice clean place to stay. You can even get a "sack" breakfast to take with you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Slklvk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave

Been to Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter? Share your experiences!