“Best if even for one night”

Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We picked this Residence Inn because it was close to Seattle where we were visiting family, but not right in the city where parking and getting around can be difficult. It is convenient to I-5 yet quiet. Plus the cost was very reasonable.
The suite was large with a full kitchen and a fireplace and everything was clean.Just two floors in scattered buildings more like an apt. complex.
The staff was helpful and polite and willing to go the extra step if needed. Their breakfast was fairly standard except that I have never seen chocolate and caramel sauce and whipped cream for the waffles which they had. Several local papers are complimentary. Parking is right near each suite and there are several fast food restaurants within a block away.

Room Tip: No elevator, so chose first floor if you don't want to walk up.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank for for taking the time to write a nice review for the hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our delicious waffle station!!

We look forwarding to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My stay at the Residence Inn Seattle South / Tukwila was an absolute joy. The staff was very friendly and willing to help with whatever. Their shuttle was very useful with getting where I needed to get and they were very accommodating. Everyone was very friendly and the environment of the hotel was very professional and extremely friendly. Gave a homely and cosy feeling.

I started to list all the staff who were helpful, but actually they all were. Everyone had a friendly greeting and were willing to answer any question. They have an above average breakfast buffet and are very good at keeping everything stocked even at the busiest times. They have take-out boxes and even some cups for juice with tops that several kids were useing. Rooms were awesome. No need for a car if you are coming in from Sea-Tac and intend to explore downtown.

I would strongly recommend this place to anyone who was staying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for writing such a nice review. I know I speak for the team when I say that we all enjoyed getting to know you during your time in Tukwila. I look forward to catching up with you again next time your travels bring you to the area.

Safe travels,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn. We needed a place that was close and convenient to the Southcenter Mall. We did not want to deal with hassles of the premium parking and the nasty traffic of downtown Seattle and we decided to try out this hotel.

Check-in was very smooth and in less than five minutes we were already in our room. Allie was very friendly and I appreciated her efficiency in getting us all checked-in. Accolades to her! she displayed a natural kindness that made my wife and I feel comfortable and important.

We took a studio queen room on the upper floor and I was impressed with the condominium like settings. We had a full kitchen with abundant amenities (refrigerator, microwave, a full oven, a dishwasher, dishes, utensils, iron, and ironing board. Our room was excellent, it was cozy and very clean which included free WI-FI. The hot breakfast was a treat. I enjoyed making the fresh waffles. Amazingly, there are tons of choices for the breakfast and it should satisfy anyone.

The Residence Inn is really a nice gem, a superior hotel, with an excellent staff. This would be an excellent choice for staying a night or a couple weeks.

TIP: High floor is highly recommended. Rooms in the back and farther away from Main Street is a better choice. However for breakfast, there’s no covered walk area during bad weather if you too far away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kdsedward
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm glad we got the chance to have you as our guest. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to the Seattle area.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend for my girls dance competiton that was in Burien. The staff here is very friendly and very accomdating. The hotel sits a few blocks from railroad tracks and we could hear trains at night here and there but nothing that irritating. We just turned on the fan the second night and never hear them. Upon checking in they gave us a note from the Tukwila police saying the area is very safe but there have been a lot of break ins in cars so do not leave anything visable for people to see. Basically when I go to any hotel I do not leave anything of value in the car. Its common knowledge. We stayed in a studio with queen bed and full size sofa bed. It would be nice to have had a king bed option but the queen was fine. The sofa bed it not really suitable for anyone over the age of 10. My 14 year old slept on it and complained about the springs being pokey. Its a new mattress on it just not a good one. Even putting it on the floor would not really help as its just the construction of the mattress. The full kitchen was great as we hate eating out all the time when traveling. There is a fireplace in the unit but its wood burning and it has a piece of paper in it saying there is a burning ban so if you want to use it you need to check with the front desk first to see if you are allowed too. Housekeeping was fantastic.. Thank you Martha for the extra towels and blankets we requested!!! Breakfast was great, an great assortment of eggs, potatos, cereals hot and cold, sausage, biscuits and gravy, muffins, waffles and the list goes on. You will not go hungry. There is a pool but its outdoors and seasonal and the weekend we were here they had record breaking rain!!! Yes its Seattle.... The workout room is very small. It has two treadmills and a bike and some free weights but just enough room to basically house the machines and that is it. I used the treadmill and its right up against the wall...It got very warm in there but they have a fan you can turn on. I was just happy to have it there since it was pouring all weekend so there was no going out for a run outside.

Room Tip: buildings are numbered and are not connected to the main desk area/breakfast area so you have to wal...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lisamariew
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I shared your comments to the staff during our daily meeting and they were very happy to hear your positive words in regards to the staff service, breakfast and cleanliness.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped here after for the night after flying back to Seattle from a cruise. It was late and the front desk was very helpful in finding us a room at the last minute. The rooms are so nice and spacious. Everything was very clean. Our room was very quiet and everyone got a great nights sleep. The morning continental breakfast was wonderful. Lots of choices.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I look forward to reading reviews (especially when they are positive!!) I'm glad we had the opportunity to have you as our guest and look forward to seeing you next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family of four stayed here from Tuesday, April 2, 2013 to Friday, April 5, 2013. The hotel is about 13 miles south of Seattle. We stayed in a 2 bedroom loft room. I think we payed about $179 per night by booking directly through the website using the AAA discount. The hotel is right next to other hotels just off the 405 freeway. The morning breakfast was good, but I recommend waiting until 8am for getting the breakfast because there are Boeing employees who crowd the breakfast area, before they all leave for work. I'm guessing the employees are residential guests. The morning breakfast is from 6-9, but we didn't attend the evening receptions. About 2 hours after we checked in, I was notified by phone that I was the "guest of the day"! I had a choice of receiving 500 Marriott points or choosing one item from the little grocery area near the front desk. I took the points. That was a nice touch which I didn't expect. My wife enjoyed the upgraded versions of the Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner which were provided in our room. The toilets appear to be the water efficient kind and lack some power. I had to call the front desk for a plunger to use more than once. The 3 LG HD televisions in our room worked great. It was nice to have a full kitchen supplies with utensils, plates, glasses, etc. If you are willing to fight the traffic going in and out of Seattle, whether for business or pleasure, each day while staying here, then you should be fine. If you want the convenience of being in downtown Seattle, then spend the extra money for a room and parking garage in a downtown hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 2thdoc73

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. I hope that next time your travels bring you back to the area you stay with us again.

Safe travels!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am very glad I decided to stay at this hotel. I was attending a conference in which another hotel had been designated as the "host". Prior to making my reservations for that hotel I looked up the ratings and was not impressed with what I read. I began doing research and found Residence Inn Seattle South. I read the reviews as well as the services they offered and compared prices. The fact that this hotel offered free shuttle service from the airport, hot breakfasts and complimentary evening meals and drinks made the value that much better.

The breakfasts and evening meals were very good-hot, fresh food that was quickly replenished when needed. Free beer and wine was also provided in the evening with the meal.

The room was very nice and extremely clean. It was so nice to have a full kitchen available, even though I didn't need to cook because of the meals included in the room rate. There was no airport or traffic noise even though the hotel is only a few miles from the airport.

And then there was the staff. What an amazing bunch of people. ALL of them smiled and said hello each time they saw me...something that you don't always experience these days! They provided me with directions to find my conference room which was being held in the airport and provided the airport shuttle to and from the airport each day. Each of the drivers were conversational and genuinely great people.

I would definitely recommend Residence Inn Seattle South to anyone traveling to that area. The value you receive is exceptional and when you factor in such a wonderful staff-top to bottom, the choice is easy! Kim B~Westminster, CO

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kim B
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I shared you kind words in our daily staff meeting today. We look forward to having you as our guest next time your travels bring you to the Seattle area.