“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped here after for the night after flying back to Seattle from a cruise. It was late and the front desk was very helpful in finding us a room at the last minute. The rooms are so nice and spacious. Everything was very clean. Our room was very quiet and everyone got a great nights sleep. The morning continental breakfast was wonderful. Lots of choices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I look forward to reading reviews (especially when they are positive!!) I'm glad we had the opportunity to have you as our guest and look forward to seeing you next time you're in the area.

David Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Northern CA
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family of four stayed here from Tuesday, April 2, 2013 to Friday, April 5, 2013. The hotel is about 13 miles south of Seattle. We stayed in a 2 bedroom loft room. I think we payed about $179 per night by booking directly through the website using the AAA discount. The hotel is right next to other hotels just off the 405 freeway. The morning breakfast was good, but I recommend waiting until 8am for getting the breakfast because there are Boeing employees who crowd the breakfast area, before they all leave for work. I'm guessing the employees are residential guests. The morning breakfast is from 6-9, but we didn't attend the evening receptions. About 2 hours after we checked in, I was notified by phone that I was the "guest of the day"! I had a choice of receiving 500 Marriott points or choosing one item from the little grocery area near the front desk. I took the points. That was a nice touch which I didn't expect. My wife enjoyed the upgraded versions of the Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner which were provided in our room. The toilets appear to be the water efficient kind and lack some power. I had to call the front desk for a plunger to use more than once. The 3 LG HD televisions in our room worked great. It was nice to have a full kitchen supplies with utensils, plates, glasses, etc. If you are willing to fight the traffic going in and out of Seattle, whether for business or pleasure, each day while staying here, then you should be fine. If you want the convenience of being in downtown Seattle, then spend the extra money for a room and parking garage in a downtown hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 2thdoc73
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. I hope that next time your travels bring you back to the area you stay with us again.

Safe travels!

Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am very glad I decided to stay at this hotel. I was attending a conference in which another hotel had been designated as the "host". Prior to making my reservations for that hotel I looked up the ratings and was not impressed with what I read. I began doing research and found Residence Inn Seattle South. I read the reviews as well as the services they offered and compared prices. The fact that this hotel offered free shuttle service from the airport, hot breakfasts and complimentary evening meals and drinks made the value that much better.

The breakfasts and evening meals were very good-hot, fresh food that was quickly replenished when needed. Free beer and wine was also provided in the evening with the meal.

The room was very nice and extremely clean. It was so nice to have a full kitchen available, even though I didn't need to cook because of the meals included in the room rate. There was no airport or traffic noise even though the hotel is only a few miles from the airport.

And then there was the staff. What an amazing bunch of people. ALL of them smiled and said hello each time they saw me...something that you don't always experience these days! They provided me with directions to find my conference room which was being held in the airport and provided the airport shuttle to and from the airport each day. Each of the drivers were conversational and genuinely great people.

I would definitely recommend Residence Inn Seattle South to anyone traveling to that area. The value you receive is exceptional and when you factor in such a wonderful staff-top to bottom, the choice is easy! Kim B~Westminster, CO

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim B
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I shared you kind words in our daily staff meeting today. We look forward to having you as our guest next time your travels bring you to the Seattle area.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had originally booked our room at a Bed and Breakfast in Kent.................SOOOO AWFUL, we left the B&B within a couple of hours after we checked in, drove to the next town and THANKFULLY found the Residence Inn Tukwila. AWSOME service from Megan at the front desk that evening we checked in, she gave us lots of places to visit/tour AND laughed with us about our little Bed and Breakfast run in. Sonia at the front desk that next morning drew us maps gave us coupons and lots of recommendations to visit and see. LOVED the full breakfast and evening dinner with drinks, Reynah took so much pride in her dinner presentation and preparation it just made everything even BETTER!!! Rooms were SO NICE and we looked forward every evening to lighting a NICE fire and relaxing! I NEVER take the time to write reviews or comments BUT when I receive exceptional service like this I will go OUT OF MY WAY to make sure EVERYONE is recognized! THANKS Residence Inn Tukwila!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erica v
TukwilaGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel and team. I will make sure to personally give each team member mentioned praise for such excellent service. We look forward to being your home away from home next time your travels bring you to the Seattle area.

Newark
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Whatever category you choose to rank a Hotel on: Service, Value, Location, etc., etc., the Residence Inn of Tukwila takes Top Honors in all categories if you ask me.

Service: The Management AND Staff here are EXCELLENT!! From Liz (Sales Manager), to Megan & Lorena (Front Desk) and even to Mark (Bldg. Engineer), they work together like Family...and the result is they treat the guests here like Family.

Value: There are some BIG NAME companies that put there employees here: Boeing, Microsoft to name drop, but MY company is not that big---but that does not stop Liz in Sales from getting my company a great rate when I stay here. And the amenities: Free Internet, Free Parking, Free Breakfast AND Free Dinner (4x a week for Dinner!!) really really make this place like a Second Home for me!!

Location: This Residence Inn is about 3 miles from Sea-Tac Airport, and about 2 miles from a huge Mall. Plus...Amenity Spoiler!!...This Residence Inn has a Shuttle which really comes in handy for when it "occasionally" rains in Seattle!

All in all...I have stayed here about 10 weeks over the last 2 years and I highly recommend The Residence Inn of Tukwila.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel. We have a great hotel, but it's our staff members that make it exceptional. I'm glad you've gotten the chance to get to know so many of our staff. Thank you for staying with us!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the Extended Stay in nearby Renton and left because of concerns about the safety of the hotel. We found this hotel and wished we had come here first. It was sparkling clean and very well appointed. Nicely decorated it had a spacious seating area, a full kitchen, and a beautifully comfortable bed.

They offer a full breakfast in a nice dining area. This was a real treat and we enjoyed it fully. They also offer a nice dinner every night and we could not believe how good it was.

The staff are friendly and helpful. They really do want to help in any way possible. We really wished we had stayed here to begin with.

This

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Seattle South. I always look forward to reading guest comments (especially when they're positive!). We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you're in the Seattle area.

Safe travels!

Tyumen, Russia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Was there with my colleagues during our visit to Boeing Training Center (on Longacres str.). That was my 3d time at Tukwila and 1st time in Residence Inn. I think - this is the best hotel in that area. Great, very comfortable and clean rooms. Good breakfast (not a varied for a long stay, but very nutritious) and nice complimentary dinner (from Monday to Thursday). And very-very kindly personal!
Noisy air conditioning and the clatter of neighbors, if the room is on the first floor. But it does not cause much discomfort.
Рекомендую при посещении Boeing Training Center - это самый уютный отель в этом районе.

Room Tip: If you choose rooms on first floor, you can hear the clatter from the top floor.