“Fast”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Racha
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I chose this, because the Queen Anne location was my daughter's favorite Seattle restaurant, and she had taken me several times in the years she lived there.
We did take-out, because one of our Conference friends was laid up with an injury. She had just #2 spiced vegetables and brown rice and enjoyed it immensely. Another gal had a spicy dish she enjoyed.
I have a problem with spice so had to find something on the seafood menu that was not spiced. I would have preferred shrimp, but as they were spiced, I settled on scallops. Yes, it was high priced, though adequately portioned, and it was somewhat salty [which fit the noodles flavoring]. The scallops, however, were cooked to perfection; whereas, scallops are difficult to get just right and one often finds them overcooked. The vegetables were al dente, not overcooked, so I was very satisfied -- except I could not figure out how to take their creme brulee back to the hotel with me.
The take-out service was quick. We were quite early, before the place would normally fill up. I imagine it would get quite noisy with their atmosphere, and I would not have liked that at all.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I love going to Racha for inexpensive appetizers and decent mixed drinks. Unlike other restaurants, this place has happy hour all the time at the bar. However, the bar area is pretty small and best for bar seating with only a few people in your party.

If you do go for happy hour, don't expect to be greeted with a menu right off the bat and be prepared to look for the staff to ask for your drink/food order. I love the price relative to the quality of food though.. you can get a Thai beer for $2 or $3 and a large plate of Calamari or Glazed Chicken for only $5. They have a decent menu of mixed drinks for $5 each and they are pretty generous with the alcohol.

If you have time to spend a few hours with some friends for happy hour and are looking for decent pricing, I would recommend this place. However, for Thai dinner or to take out a date, I would recommend other ̣̣- smaller - Thai restaurants with better service and quality in the surrounding area.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My daughter and I thought we were in luck when we found that there were open tables on a Saturday night at the Racha Thai and Asian Kitchen. Our first choice had been the Olive Garden across the parking lot from Racha, but it was beyond mobbed with customers. In retrospect, lack of customers in Racha was a good indicator of quality.

Unlike other reviewers, we had an excellent server who was very friendly, efficient and attentive. The atmosphere was also very pleasant although the table we had was worn and had chips where the varnish had peeled off. For an appetizer, we had crab and shrimp wrap. They were essentially fried wontons that were stuffed with what tasted like mostly cream cheese with a couple tiny bits of seafood something. For an entree, my daughter had pud bamee tofu, which consisted of fried noodles with tofu and some vegetables. I like to cook, but I usually struggle to find ways to make tofu that is really tasty. When my daughter said that Racha's tofu in this dish was not as good as mine, I figured it had to be pretty bad. It is fun to eat in a restaurant when you wonder how they could make something so good, but likewise it is disappointing when a restaurant makes something that is not as good as one can make at home. The dish that i had, goy see mee, just did not come together. It consisted of tasteless noodles, some okay slices of chicken that was tasteless along with oyster mushrooms and some vegetables in an uninteresting somewhat sweet but mostly tasteless cornstarch-thickened sauce. I wondered if we had ordered the wrong things, but I noticed dishes on other tables that looked equally uninteresting. Of course I don't know how the other dishes tasted, but they just did not look like the food combinations came together. I don't give many "poor" ratings, but this one is well deserved.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went with two teenagers just after mall closed on weekday and were immediately seated, warmly greeted, and served by a super-attentive and humble gentleman who helped us select food and drinks. Brown rice option is nice, and dumpling appetizer was delicious! Spice levels 1-5 don't really seem that spicy, though. I ordered a 3 and found it mild; my daughter ordered a 4 and also found it mild. Still, great, fresh food with super service makes this a recommended restaurant. Low-lit, tasteful decor lends ambience.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stopped at Racha Thai & Asia Kitchen in Southcenter Mall for lunch and the opportunity to experience something different. The restaurant's interior was showing some sign of neglect (torn seat, worn wood) and the waitress was unfriendly. We should have just left but we wanted to try the food. The food was awful, the chicken was over cooked and very unappetizing. We were unable to eat the food and when we mentioned it to the waiter, she just didn't care.