“Great Location for the Airport and Exploring Seattle”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed here the last two days of our vacation. There is a new light rail station just minutes away that took us all the way to Westlake Center in Seattle for $5 round trip. From there we took the monorail to the Space Needle. This was much better than driving and trying to find parking.

Our room was big and clean. The price was excellent and the breakfast buffet was good. It is very close to lots of restaurants and a shopping mall.

Last but not least, it is just minutes from the airport. Our last day we took a shuttle bus to the SeaFair and after watching the Blue Angeles, we headed for the airport. A great way to finish up our trip.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2009

My family and I stayed here for our final night of our vacation before flying home the next morning. I chose this hotel based on reading reviews here and wasn't disappointed. We had a courtyard room on the third floor which was very nice. There was a balcony with chairs to enjoy if desired. I noticed that the rooms facing the street didn't have any chairs. I guess people don't want to hear/watch the traffic-ha! We took a dip in their very nice pool/hot tub and enjoyed ourselves. Though it was indoors, the large windows made it bright and airy. We had the pool to ourselves. Our room was nice sized and very clean. I liked the fact that it was off a main highway so it was quiet, yet there are plenty of resturant choices in the area. It's about a five/ten minute drive to the airport.

I would certainly stay here again. Like others stated previously, make sure you request a courtyard room.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We arrived in Seattle with a tight itenary. The hotel staff was pleasant from day to overnight! Requests for van transport was swiftly provided. BK across the street & 7-1 up the street. 2blocks away is SouthCenter Mall & the local bus stop (#150). While at the mall, I suggest you hit up BahamaBreeze...i almost had to call the shuttle home. Our room faced the pool, had a balcony, door to close off bedroom, 2TVs, frig/micro, nice fixtures. At times the hallway noise could be heard in the room. Felt safe, QUIET neighborhood. STAY at this location over the CRTYRD around the corner...Now, onto the "tall glass of water.." He was 6'4 and too attractive & sweet. Actually, the entire staff was friendly & Oh so helpful. The shuttle took us to the airport & the Train station. Nice feature. Only used the business center once, nice & open area & the pool/hot tub is enclosed yet has plenty windows so be advised...(Smile). Overall, I really liked this location & will stay there again.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Stayed 1 Friday night in June. 2 bed suite. Separate bedroom. Large rooms. Typical furniture. 3rd floor with small deck overlooking the pool. Very clean. Small bar with refrigerator & microwave. Front desk very helpful and very pleasant. Arrived very early and was accommodated. Excellent hotel location. Plenty of free parking. Suggest you avoid lobby buffet/restaurant. Too expensive for what you get. Try Panera Bread Co. at the mall for breakfast - 1/2 block away - front desk will give you a map. Lots of great restaurants at the mall easy walking distance from the hotel. Courtesy bus will take you to the mall if you don't want to walk. Beds comfortable if non-descript. Free Internet access (WiFi poor, wired with existing Ethernet cable good). Generally pleasant experience. Did not use the lobby facilities, pool, or room service. It's not a "romantic getaway" (Use the Waterfront Marriott or Edgewater Inn downtown for that). It's a good "hotel".

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Again, this room was booked on price line for $45 with a bid. Standard room. Beds were pretty good. Towels decent. Room clean. Staff friendly No complaints.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2009

This hotel is an excellent location for a pre-flight stay from Sea-Tac. It's close to the Southcenter Mall with a variety of shopping and restaurants nearby. The hotel offers very inexpensive parking ($20 for 14 nights) and has a free shuttle.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2009

The front desk agent, Kristin, was GREAT. She is the reason I would recommend this hotel and why I will stay here next time I am in the area. Having read other reviews on this hotel, I knew to ask for a courtyard view room. I was on the third floor. My room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was updated. I used the small, but adequate workout room. I looked at the pool/hot tub which was very nice, and there was no one in there. The only negative is that I could hear water running which I assume was another guest showering. Unfortunately, it was 4:30AM! Otherwise, I did not hear any noises except for some guests returning to their room in the evening. This is located very close to Southcenter Mall and there are many dining choices. The breakfast buffet located in the Courtyard by Marriott was hot and tasty. I had no problem with parking, but there are signs posted stating that the Courtyard is not responsible for any valuables left in your car which did make me worry about car break-ins. This is a very good choice if you are looking for a place to stay and it is not on the busy road that some of the other motels are on such as the Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business