“Perfect overnight or for business travelers”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
“Perfect overnight or for business travelers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here one night with mom to be close to airport. No parking fees. Clean, spacious rooms. The front desk staff was exceptional. Very friendly and accommodating. They offered water, snacks and voucher for coffee in the morning. We are Marriott loyal, and it pays at this location.
Get a room at the front of the hotel, the back has a train track, and the trains run quite early. Quick hop on the freeway to the airport. Right by the large mall and several restaurants, everything from fast food to mid range dining. Would stay here again in heartbeat.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front, away from train...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sundance1
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us while in the area. And thank you for your comments regarding our team members. I’m happy you were able to enjoy our newly renovated rooms, and you were recognized by the staff as a loyal Marriott member. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again tucked away in a nice, quiet room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kotzebue
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the first time in December. We were there on New Year's Eve. I was wondering how the stay was going to be. It was pretty quiet and I was glad. The only problem we had was we had a room that had a door that was connected to another room. The people next door was pretty quiet but after awhile we started smelling weed. I noticed it was coming in through the cracks of that door. I called the front desk and they said they would check it out. Well we went out that evening and watched the fire works. When we came back you can really smell it in the room and it was strong. The next morning I went and asked the front desk if they were checking out that day. I told them how the smell was so strong. They were willing to move us but the following day the people were checking out so we stayed in the same room. Other then that the stay was good. Wish they had a bathroom fan and I know it would help with the moisture in the room after taking a shower. Was pretty quiet in the evenings which was nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us over your holiday. I’m sorry you had the experience of someone smoking in the hotel despite the hotel being 100% non-smoking; unfortunately, not all guests adhere to the hotel policies. I’m happy the staff had offered the option to move you, so your next night might not be as nuisance from another guest in the hotel. I’m happy the evening was a quiet evening for you on New Year’s Eve, and we hope to see you back again on other occasions.
West US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was in town for business in Seattle. So, I only stayed one night. But like most experiences with Courtyard by Marriott, there were no surprises and I had a relaxing stay in a contemporary and comfortable room. It was quiet. The ac worked well. And, I appreciated that the "blackout" curtains did keep the room nice and dark since I wanted to sleep in. The room rate was great, too. The "Wheel of Fortune" spin at check-in at the front desk was a fun touch and I "won" a free bottle of water. The proximity to Sea-Tac Airport is a plus and you're also close to I-5 and the 405. You are also a few minutes drive to Ikea and the Southcenter Mall and Nordstrom Rack. Also, a place called "Half Price Books" with inexpensive books and used CDs and three near-by restaurants I'd recommend: Imperial Garden Seafood Restaurant for dim sum, Miyabi for Japanese, and Mizuki, an Asian buffet place. The Courtyard in Southcenter is a great place to stay in a great location. Friendly folks there, too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I’m glad you found the “Wheel of Fortune” and pleasant surprise. It is one of the ways we try to recognize our appreciation of our Marriott Rewards Elite members when they stay. I appreciate the recommendations of the local restaurants. I’m glad you found our hotel conveniently located close to many different things to do while in area. I hope to see you back again soon.
vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We returned to the Courtyard Southcenter after our November, 2013 stay but this time we chose to stay 2 nights instead of just one. Again, we booked the AAA HOT PROMO rate at $79 which included breakfast for 2 people. At $79 this is a fantastic price which includes 2 breakfasts; free parking; and free wifi. I just wished they offer fantastic deals like this in the summer ; (

We were fortunate to return to the same room that we like on the top floor facing the courtyard so it's much quieter. The room was extremely clean and enjoyed the bar fridge to keep our milk and juices. We especially love all the ample lighting in the room so it is very bright at night. I hate hotel rooms that have inadequate lighting for reading so it's so so dark.

Breakfast was good but not fantastic as the sausage patties are the precooked type and the hash browns are deep-fried but very tasty. The 2 eggs are fresh cooked anyway you like and they even had sour dough bread. Coffee is very good as they use Starbucks coffee so that is a plus!

The only thing I like see the hotel change is the bedding in the rooms. We stayed in a 2 queen bedded room which uses only blankets instead of DUVETS which are only available in the executive king rooms. I can only sleep with duvets so it was a real nuisance having to lug my own duvet all the way down to Seattle. Luckily we drove so I was able to bring the duvet with us.I don't see why they can't provide a duvet to us upon request??

We love this particular Courtyard because it is so clean, newly renovated, and its prime location and convenience to the Westfield mall, Target, Nordstroms Rack, and Costco.

Thank you Courtyard Southcenter for another fantastic stay and let's provide some hot deals to us for the summer! ; )

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cliu
Welcome back and thank you for staying with us again. I’m glad you took advantage of the AAA Hot Deals promotion we had going at the time. I’m glad you were able to use one of Executive King Rooms at one time, and enjoyed the duvet covers used in these particular rooms. Thank you for your suggestion regarding duvets upon request, unfortunately we don’t carry an overstock of these items, but we may need to carry just a few more if we have future requests. My best recommendation is to book an Executive King room, since the duvet is one of many perks of this room type. Thank you again and we hope to see you this summer.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We got a great AAA weekend rate. This hotel was an excellent value - surprisingly affordable for the Seattle area. Our room was clean. We enjoyed the well maintained pool and spa.

Free breakfast for two was a nice surprise. Our fruit bowls were great, but the breakfast sandwich was mediocre. I would probably stick with items from their "fast and fresh" menu if we ate breakfast there again.

Overall a great stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. It was pleasure having you stay with us, and I’m happy you were able to enjoy the pool and spa while you were here. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.
Doha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

The location of this hotel was perfect for our needs - close to the airport and in walking distance of the shopping centre. The welcome was efficient and I appreciated being given a choice of two rooms on different floors. Our room was clean and warm and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doha
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm happy that you found the location convenient and met your needs. I look forward to seeing you again when you are in south Seattle area.
Everett, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was torn about a three- or four-star rating for this property; let's call it 3 1/2 stars.

If flying out of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, this is a great property, especially if you have an early-morning flight. The Stay and Fly rate is excellent; you pay for a one-night stay and receive up to seven nights of parking included. The parking is outdoors and uncovered, so keep that in mind when leaving items in your car or if you are traveling during a time of year when snow may be an issue. You could very well return to find your car covered.

The rooms are what you would expect from Courtyard: clean, comfortable, and decently appointed. I really like the touch-screen board in the lobby, giving guests access to flight information, weather, and local news. Also in the lobby is an expanded food counter and a quick-service store open 24 hours.

While the rooms are comfortable, because of the size of the property, location of the room should be kept in mind, especially on the ground floor. There are rooms right across from the elevators and on the ground floor, it gets exceptionally loud.

The property has a free shuttle to and from the airport and the staff was fantastic.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator. While this is a good idea whenever one stays at a hotel, a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fly14wta
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent comments and recommendation of your stay. I’m very happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our Park and Fly program. I apologize for the louder noise on the ground floor and elevator area; we do our best to avoid this whenever possible. We hope to see you again when you are in the area, and if you request it we can most definitely put you on a higher floor. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again,