“Great value”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We got a great AAA weekend rate. This hotel was an excellent value - surprisingly affordable for the Seattle area. Our room was clean. We enjoyed the well maintained pool and spa.

Free breakfast for two was a nice surprise. Our fruit bowls were great, but the breakfast sandwich was mediocre. I would probably stick with items from their "fast and fresh" menu if we ate breakfast there again.

Overall a great stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. It was pleasure having you stay with us, and I’m happy you were able to enjoy the pool and spa while you were here. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The location of this hotel was perfect for our needs - close to the airport and in walking distance of the shopping centre. The welcome was efficient and I appreciated being given a choice of two rooms on different floors. Our room was clean and warm and quiet.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doha
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm happy that you found the location convenient and met your needs. I look forward to seeing you again when you are in south Seattle area.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was torn about a three- or four-star rating for this property; let's call it 3 1/2 stars.

If flying out of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, this is a great property, especially if you have an early-morning flight. The Stay and Fly rate is excellent; you pay for a one-night stay and receive up to seven nights of parking included. The parking is outdoors and uncovered, so keep that in mind when leaving items in your car or if you are traveling during a time of year when snow may be an issue. You could very well return to find your car covered.

The rooms are what you would expect from Courtyard: clean, comfortable, and decently appointed. I really like the touch-screen board in the lobby, giving guests access to flight information, weather, and local news. Also in the lobby is an expanded food counter and a quick-service store open 24 hours.

While the rooms are comfortable, because of the size of the property, location of the room should be kept in mind, especially on the ground floor. There are rooms right across from the elevators and on the ground floor, it gets exceptionally loud.

The property has a free shuttle to and from the airport and the staff was fantastic.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator. While this is a good idea whenever one stays at a hotel, a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fly14wta
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your recent comments and recommendation of your stay. I’m very happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our Park and Fly program. I apologize for the louder noise on the ground floor and elevator area; we do our best to avoid this whenever possible. We hope to see you again when you are in the area, and if you request it we can most definitely put you on a higher floor. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

New renovated rooms and lobby.

One night close to Seattle airport - less than 10 minute drive.
Lots of shopping nearby with restaurants and fast food.

Service was good. Follow your GPS to get here and you will likely drive by another Courtyard - only 1 mile away - very weird and confusing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rwgrncrd
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

I’m happy you enjoyed our renovated hotel. It does cause a little confusion with 2 Courtyard hotels so close to each other, but I’m glad you ended up at our location where it’s close to a lot of different things to do, as well as, you being able to enjoy a nice quiet location. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My family and I did a 2 day road trip from Vancouver, BC to Seattle. We decided on this hotel as the reviews on this hotel from Tripadvisor were very positive and we also got a very good price. It only came up to roughly $35 per person for one night! The hotel was only 1 minute drive from the Westfield Southcenter mall which was very convenient for us after a long day of shopping. We arrived at 1 a.m. but someone was at front desk to check us in right away. Parking was free and there were plenty of places to park. Our rooms were awesome! It was very spacious and clean. I wished we had spent more time enjoying the hotel. The only reason why I didn't give it a 100% rating is because there was a small goof up when we checked in. We had booked two hotel rooms but initially they gave us only one key. They told us that we had checked in one room already which was impossible given that my family and I arrived in one car. Nonetheless, they got the second room for us right away. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angel C

I glad to hear you discovered our hotel, and you found all the conveniences that come along with it. I do apologize for the confusion at check in, but it seems we were able to remedy the issue, and ultimately gained your approval and endorsement. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had an extremely good experience at this location. The interior of the hotel from the lobby to the suites themselves are extremely well kept and look brand new (maybe they did a recent renovation?)

The suite (I had a king bed suite) was very spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. Everything was clean and new, the air conditioning system was only moderately noisy.

I suppose it's a bit out of the way if you're staying in Seattle, but the drive up was not so bad (maybe 15 to 20 minutes) and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrcleaver

Thank you for comments. Thank you for your feedback, and I’m happy to hear you found the suite room very accommodating. We had completed a renovation of our rooms about a year ago, and it is nice to hear that guests recognize and appreciate it the changes we do to make your stay more pleasurable. We are far from downtown Seattle, and you can avoid the expensive overnight parking charges. We will see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

i stayed for 2 days here in a double queen room. i was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. it was very spacious. had a mini fridge, and a balcony. A mini fridge was hidden under the TV. a lot of table/counter space. plenty of electrical outlets for all my electronics and comfortably held 3 people without feeling cramped at all. the staff was excellent. i was checked in by the general manager and he was very professional. nice, efficient, and made me feel comfortable right away. i stayed here on NYE/New years day, and it was nice and quiet. impressive for such a busy holiday. Nice pool and hot tub. Nice fitness room and even a guest laundry with coin operated machines are available if you need them. I did not eat at the restaurant downstairs because I found it very pricey, though expected for a hotel restaurant. There are a ton of other places to eat within walking distance. The mall is directly across the street. The newly remodeled lobby is very nice. Fire place with nice seating, and they even have nice outdoor seating for the warmer months. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

I’m very glad you enjoyed your stay, and you found the room met your needs. I appreciate you staying with us, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area. Who knows, I might be at the desk to check you in for a 2nd time. Have a wonderful new year.