“Comfortable, clean and friendly”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We only stayed for one night because of a connecting flight but were very impressed. We were able to call the hotel around 8:00 pm for transportation from the airport which arrived very quickly. The driver and all of the staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful. We checked in and then were able to order from the coffee/sandwich bar a tasty light snack. The room was clean and comfortable. I gather the hotel was pretty full but we didn't hear any noise from other guests. We checked out at 4:30ish am the next morning. The front desk person made us Starbucks coffee and we caught the 5:00 am shuttle to the airport.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoseM269
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear that your stay, although brief, was comfortable and enjoyable. I happy you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service to and from the airport, and you started you early day with some Starbucks from our Bistro. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future. And maybe for a little bit longer stay in the area.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I just booked a room at this hotel. I spoke with the Operations Manager Paul. Paul has outstanding customer service skills and was able to book a stay, park, and fly special. I have stayed at several hotel's near SeaTac Airport and this hotel is head and shoulders above it's competition. Clean room, clean facility, and friendly service. I'm looking forward to my up coming stay in three weeks.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeCougar

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. I’m very happy that Paul was able to assist you, and thank you for recognizing the customer service he provided. He is a valuable member of our leadership team, and is a great example to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was 2nd visit to this Courtyard, having had a very pleasant experience in the past. What a disappointment - room request not honored until raised commotion about it at check-in, queen bed was actually a double bed, hotel staff did not follow the placard saying that they turned off the heat in the room when room is unoccupied, and especially the shower problems. This particular room had a roll-in shower, but when used, it has no shelving for holding soap, or shampoo; also the shower head when raised to height, caused water to go all over the floor, out the door of the bathroom and soaked the foyer carpeting. Room temperature control blew either cold air or hot air all of the time. Housekeeping did not change any settings on the temperature control as advertised but left it as it was set by the occupant. Temperature never got to the set temperature. The food served at the Bistro for dinner that was ordered was awful.
Something changed as this was in the past a great hotel close to the shopping and convenient to the airport- not the same experience now.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gleem

Thank you for your comments, and I’m sorry to hear your 2nd stay was a disappointment this time through the Seattle area. We do make every effort to honor all guests room request, and I apologize if we weren’t able to honor your request initially. It does sound like from the description of the roll-in shower in the bathroom that you were placed in a handicap accessible room, which would have been our only room available with 2 beds at the time, and having 2 beds was an important factor for your stay. Thank you for also bringing to my attention the temperature control feature in the room, and the hotel’s efforts to conserve energy and sustain a “green” mentality. I’ve spoken with our housekeeping manager to re-emphasis our efforts and re-train our staff on this focus.
Again, I’m sorry this stay was disappointing, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that we can get it right like the 1st time you stayed with us.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is in a great location - close to mall, Target, many restaurants, airport and freeways. Front desk staff and cafe staff were very friendly and attentive. The airport shuttle only runs once an hour which isn't ideal but it's still a great service to have.
Our room faced the parking lot so the view was terrible and there was noise, including a garbage truck at 5 am. A courtyard facing room would have been better.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SKKF
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you “SKKF” for your feedback regarding your stay. I’m very happy you have taken advantage of our location with so many things close by. I’m sorry your room location was the ideal room; however, the next time you are in the area, please contact me directly so I make sure you are in a courtyard facing room. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This Courtyard Marriott has it all. Close enough to the Sea-Tac without the noise, close enough to 5 and 405 without the traffic, close to Southcenter Mall and many restaurants. The pool and hot area was really nice and the fitness room was really clean and well ventilated. We came as a family with our 4 year old but we were visiting the area on business. We will definitely be staying again, not only for the location, but also for the friendly staff!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Wonderful and thank you!! You found our hidden gem of a location, and you discovered all of the advantages that come with it. Thank you for the glowing review, and we do look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the Seattle area.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I only stayed for around 8 hours before an early flight. The check-in and check-out was quick, the room was clean, and the amenities were adequate. The free shuttle to SEATAC even at 5 AM was a real perk.

Room Tip: I asked for a quieter room, and the one I had on the third floor was certainly quiet the night I was...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you “Ben from the Hub” for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. I happy you were able to take advantage of our early morning shuttle after your brief stay with us. Next time stay a little longer, so you can enjoy our wonderful weather in Seattle. Thank you again, and hope to see you on your next trip through Seattle.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Check in , was not happy with the room, because it was one of those one with the joining door. Got Annoyed when the another guests kept messing with it. Called to the front desk and they moved us right away into a nicer room and help us move our Luggage. Real nice property went to the hot tub and the pool area nice and clean. I love the location got at south center mall.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent comments. I’m sorry your original room wasn’t the best for due to another guest in the hotel; however, I am happy that my staff was able to assist you in moving your luggage and getting you a nicer room for the rest of your stay. I hope the remainder of your stay was pleasant, and you were able to get some serious shopping done at the mall which is so conveniently located just a block or two away from the hotel. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again.