“Great Pre-Vacation Hotel & Parking”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were headed out on a trip and the flight was really early so we got a pre-vacation hotel night with parking for 7 days included for a great price. The front desk was so pleasant to deal with and the hotel was perfect for our needs. The room was comfortable and the shuttle was convenient and easy to use. Nice and quiet despite the somewhat busy road outside. Not the best location for restaurants or activities, but perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments. I am happy you took advantage of our Park and Fly program before going out on your vacation. It is our pleasure to ensure your stay with us is not only convenient, but comfortable before heading out for a relaxing vacation. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope you had a wonderful vacation as well.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

As previously mentioned, don't let the "new lobby" off the Marriott.com site fool you. Sketchy neigborhood, RUDE staff, including sloppy van driver(s). There are MANY better choices in the area. Marriott would be smart to remove their connection from this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ConstantTraveler13
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I’m sorry your experience at the hotel wasn’t ideal. The hotel and staff make every effort to provide a safe environment for our guests. I can assure you that the Southcenter area is not a sketchy neighborhood area, but a very thriving retail restaurant and shopping area. I can’t speak to the senseless random act of malicious behavior that had occurred other than to say I’m sorry it happened, and I’m sorry that the outcome is frustrating. My staff prides itself on great customer service, and I’m sorry you may not have been a recipient of that during your stay. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss with you in further detail of your stay on ways to improve future stays.

Mike Schabbing
206-575-2500

Reviewed August 18, 2013

prospective patrons beware! dont be fooled by the fancy setting ! this hotel is located in a crime ridden ghetto and your vehicle parked there is a prime target. in the 45 min. i spent eating breakfast in the lobby , my vehicle was broken into and my identity stolen. 15 min later, as i reported to the police, my bank account was rifled from an ATM around 10 blocks away. be wary people-the Marriot may tout their interior attraction, but their exterior is controlled by the ever present criminals Pat Felker

Room Tip: every room is a good room as long as you DONT DRIVE
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Patrick F

Mr. Felker, I’m sincerely sorry that your car had been broken into on the morning of your departure. The hotel makes every effort to provide a safe and secure atmosphere for all our guests, and unfortunately, this wasn’t the case during your stay. I can’t explain why your automobile was targeted that day, but we had no other reported instances or occurrences of this nature. I truly understand your frustration and disappointment when being a victim of a random act of malicious behavior. Neither I nor my staff was able to have a conversation with you that day, but I will contact our claims office to make sure appropriate follow up has been done. Again, I’m truly sorry that this happened during your time with us, and I can assure you this is not what is expected in this area or location. You can contact me directly if you would like to discuss further

Mike Schabbing
206-575-2500

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel was quiet and had all the amenities. Their bar area was nice, and had a lovely outdoor courtyard. Food was good, wait staff very personable. We took the advice of previous ratings, and stayed in the front of the hotel. Very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and I’m happy you found the hotel comfortable. My staff and team make every effort to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable, especially the night before flying out the next day. We hope to see you again when in the Seattle area.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in July for business because all hotels closer to Seattle were booked during this particular week. The hotel is located within ten minutes of Seatac airport (5 minutes with normal traffic). I had a rental car, so I did not take the airport shuttle. Staff was very friendly during the quick check-in process. There is a Starbucks in the hotel that is open 24-hours. The lobby is very clean and there is a large monitor with current flight status' displayed. The room was very clean with a large TV, desk, microwave and fridge. Room was very quiet.

I was very impressed with the fast speed of the Wifi. My room was at the edge of the hotel and I had worries of the wireless signal not reaching my room. That was not an issue, and the speed was faster than most hotels I've stayed in. I used the workout room, and it was very clean with good equipment.

The Westfield Southcenter Mall and many restaurants and stores are within walking distance of this hotel. It is located near the I-5 and I-405 intersection, so it is convenient getting onto the highway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent comments and feedback. I’m happy to hear you took advantage of our Wi-Fi service and the speed was what you had expected. It sounds as if you discovered many of the amenities of the hotel from the workout room, the 24-hour Starbucks, and flight status display for the airport. Thank you again for choosing our hotel, which is close and convenient to the airport; we hope to see you again when in the Seattle area.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here recently for a pre and post cruise. Stayed here because of good reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed.

Clean place, friendly staff, hot tub and pool very refreshing and great location for access to airport and downtown Seattle. Free shuttle to and from Sea Tac, you can take Link Light Rail downtown to Westlake station and then cab is about $14 to pier 91.

We used cab and rail back on Saturday morning and then used rail back into Seattle to tour around. TIP: we used bus 150 to come back to hotel, $2.25 fare, pick-up at Westlake train station and it brings you right back to hotel within a couple of blocks and is 10 minutes faster than shuttle and train.

One other good reason to stay here is that they are adjacent to Westfield mall. It's hugh with lots of options for restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcook7

I’m happy you took advantage of our location before and after your cruise. This year there have been more people taking advantage of the location because of its proximity to many options of restaurants and shopping along with transportation to downtown Seattle. I’ve personally used the light rail and 150 bus many times when taking my family and kids downtown for a day trip. Thank you staying with us and I hope you had an enjoyable cruise.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel shuttle arrived within 10 minutes of our phone call from the airport; the driver was excellent and offered to take us to dinner anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel. This is a typical Courtyard in terms of the rooms: ours was clean and perfect for a good night's sleep before leaving for a cruise the next morning. If you are Marriott Elite, you are able to spin a wheel to win a prize; I won a Starbucks drink of my choosing.
The hotel is a nice 3-block walk from a major shopping mall offering restaurants, etc. The next morning, we turned left when leaving the hotel, walked about 4 blocks, and found a new and lovely shopping center with a Panera for breakfast, Old Spaghetti Factory (which I wish I had known about the night before), a Kohl's and some specialty stores.
I would recommend this as a nice-priced, very clean Courtyard with exceptionally friendly staff if you need a one-night stay either before or after a cruise. The Courtyard staff uses a private car company, and the staff made reservations for us to be picked up the next morning. Everything went flawlessly, including the car arriving 15 minutes early to get us to the dock.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the busier street, but we were not bothered by any traffic noise. I always like...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryWisconsin

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay and our friendly and welcoming staff. I’m happy our van driver was able to pick you up in a timely manner from the airport and get you back to hotel. It is always our goal to provide a comfortable stay, and hopefully you were rested up the night before you departed on your cruise. With our great location, it sounds like you uncovered several things in the area for shopping and eating, which can always occupy your time for things to do.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope you had a wonderful cruise as well.