“Average hotel but excellent staff and park & fly”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stay frequently at the Southcenter Courtyard Marriott and have always found it clean, comfortable and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself isn't anything amazing, just standard rooms but it does have a good sized indoor pool that my son loves. We frequently use the park and fly package which is a very good deal if you have a car that you need to leave. Your car stays in the hotel parking lot which isn't exactly locked down but we have never had any issues. They have been limiting the park and fly to certain days of the week but will usually book it anyway if you ask. The hotel is located near some very good restaurants and excellent shopping. Overall this is my standard "go to" hotel particularly when flying out of SeaTac.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I’m very happy to hear we are your “go to” hotel in the Seattle area. I’m glad to hear you have taken advantage of our “park and fly” program, and the large indoor pool. We hope to see you again whenever you do your next “park and fly” trip, or a nice relaxing dip in the pool. Thank you again for wonderful comments.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Southcenter to be near a conference site.
The staff is incredible-friendly and always ready to be helpful.
The lobby is lovely, rooms fine and the bed was good.
The one major issue for me is they have no containers for recycling.
In 3 nights we accumulated a fair amount of paper and plastics that we took home to recycle.
A chain like Marriott needs to set an example and make recycling possible at all their properties.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent comments and feedback. As part of the Marriott brand, the hotel takes several efforts to be “green”. Although, we don’t have recycling containers within the guestrooms, we do have a recycling program that is utilized when the staff cleans the rooms to sort recyclable items from trash/garbage items. We also participate in the linen reuse program for stay over guest to conserve water, and save energy by keeping thermostats off when the rooms are unoccupied. We will make a better effort in communicating these steps to our guests, so they know we are doing our part as an example in the lodging industry. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again when you are in the Seattle area.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip recently for two nights. The service from the airport collection, checkin, checkout, the breakfast, lounge areas were all great for a budget type hotel. The staff at the front desk and in the dining room all friendly and service orientated. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Altough no room service at night there is a help yourself and pay at the front desk food area. the r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I am happy to hear you found your stay with us relaxing and productive on your business trip. We make every effort to execute great service from the beginning of your stay until the very end. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nightsl. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, and that's what I was after. One thing nice about this hotel is that there are lots of options for dining in the immediate area. Sometimes hotels have nothing but the basic chain restaurants nearby, but there are a lot of options, and they are within walking distance. It was only about 20-25 minutes to get into downtown Seattle each day. The hotel was as dependable as every Courtyard, and I mean that in a good way.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay, the hotel, and the Courtyard brand. One of the great advantages of the hotel’s location is its proximity to many restaurants in the area, but also the convenience of getting to downtown Seattle. You can enjoy a nice quiet and comfortable stay with fighting the hustle and hassle of staying in downtown. Thank you again for staying with us, and your feedback and comments are very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Decent hotel, older property but clean friendly staff and decent location about 10 mins to the airport and 2 mins to mall and restaurants. Room I stayed in was recently renovated and was fairly standard for Marriott Courtyard. Decent bed, desk/work area and tvs. Bath was a little small but all in all a good hotel for close to the airport and ok prices. Will stay here again when flying in/out of SEA.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I glad you were able to take advantage of the hotel’s convenient location to the airport and the many restaurants within a close proximity to the mall. We look forward to seeing you again when you return the Seattle area.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at the Southcenter Courtyard Marriott in late March with the Park, Sleep and Fly offer. We arrived after a very long day of driving. The staff was cheery, courteous and helpful and was able to easily answer all our questions. We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms which was clean and spacious for myself, husband and 2 children. There were plenty of restaurants and amenities within a short walk of the hotel. After a dip in the pool and hot tub we settled in for the night. Our room was very quiet and the beds were comfortable. I was particularly impressed with the lobby area. We checked out and my kids were able to comfortably sit and watch TV for 20 minutes while we waited for the shuttle. After a two week trip we came back and were unsure if we were staying in Seattle again or going to start the drive home. We chose to stay only because we had such a good experience, and again had one of the new rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel for convenience and value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for returning for a 2nd night after your extended trip. It is always a pleasure to hear that we were able to provide you with a memorable stay that made you want to come back. I’m glad you enjoyed the newly renovated guestrooms, as well as, the new Courtyard lobby concept while waiting for the airport shuttle. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again whenever you take another extended trip.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

As with most Courtyards I've stayed at (and that's a lot) this hotel was situated in a good spot, close to the Southcenter shopping areas, restaurants and the airport. The room was clean and in good shape, generally typical of the newer remodeled properties. The desk staff was friendly and helpful, though I did have the same experience as another earlier reviewer with the shuttle scheduling. We stayed there on a Saturday night to make an early Sunday morning flight. The staff person took my info for the next morning shuttle scheduling, writing it down on a list. When I showed up in the lobby the next morning and asked about the shuttle, they had no information on my reservation. It worked out OK, though, as it was pretty early on a Sunday and one of the staff there just said "No problem, I'll run you over there right now!" As a business or layover hotel I think this property is just fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent comments and feedback regarding your stay. I’m happy to hear you found the location convenient to many things in the area. I’m apologize for the miscommunication regarding getting your shuttle scheduled properly, but from your comments it seems the staff corrected it, and got you to the airport in a timely manner. Thank you again for staying with us, and I’ve passed your comments onto my staff so we can be more diligent in handling guests’ requests.