“So good we went back!”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at the Southcenter Courtyard Marriott in late March with the Park, Sleep and Fly offer. We arrived after a very long day of driving. The staff was cheery, courteous and helpful and was able to easily answer all our questions. We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms which was clean and spacious for myself, husband and 2 children. There were plenty of restaurants and amenities within a short walk of the hotel. After a dip in the pool and hot tub we settled in for the night. Our room was very quiet and the beds were comfortable. I was particularly impressed with the lobby area. We checked out and my kids were able to comfortably sit and watch TV for 20 minutes while we waited for the shuttle. After a two week trip we came back and were unsure if we were staying in Seattle again or going to start the drive home. We chose to stay only because we had such a good experience, and again had one of the new rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel for convenience and value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for returning for a 2nd night after your extended trip. It is always a pleasure to hear that we were able to provide you with a memorable stay that made you want to come back. I’m glad you enjoyed the newly renovated guestrooms, as well as, the new Courtyard lobby concept while waiting for the airport shuttle. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again whenever you take another extended trip.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

As with most Courtyards I've stayed at (and that's a lot) this hotel was situated in a good spot, close to the Southcenter shopping areas, restaurants and the airport. The room was clean and in good shape, generally typical of the newer remodeled properties. The desk staff was friendly and helpful, though I did have the same experience as another earlier reviewer with the shuttle scheduling. We stayed there on a Saturday night to make an early Sunday morning flight. The staff person took my info for the next morning shuttle scheduling, writing it down on a list. When I showed up in the lobby the next morning and asked about the shuttle, they had no information on my reservation. It worked out OK, though, as it was pretty early on a Sunday and one of the staff there just said "No problem, I'll run you over there right now!" As a business or layover hotel I think this property is just fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent comments and feedback regarding your stay. I’m happy to hear you found the location convenient to many things in the area. I’m apologize for the miscommunication regarding getting your shuttle scheduled properly, but from your comments it seems the staff corrected it, and got you to the airport in a timely manner. Thank you again for staying with us, and I’ve passed your comments onto my staff so we can be more diligent in handling guests’ requests.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and son stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Seattle and here are the pros/cons:
Pros - close to airport (10 mins), nice lobby, and a pool.
Cons - NO service at check-in or check-out, drab rooms, no food after 10pm, and a dreadful location.
Summary - stay away from this hotel, there are lots of other options by the airport. If you have any extra time to spare, go downtown to a proper hotel. The staff at this hotel took 30 minutes to get us a taxi, they promised the shuttle but it never came, they had no porter service for our bags, and generally speaking the people at the front desk should not work in the service industry. AVOID!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mfsupra
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the hotel, especially since the hotel had just completed an entire room renovation to have an updated look and appeal. Please contact me directly, so I can have an opportunity to discuss your disappointments and improve the overall hotel experience.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My good friend and I stayed for a couple if days in this hotel and it was very close drive to the big mall. hotel is clean and very inviting. The pool the kids enjoyed. And just a quaint stay. This hotel caters to business travelers and just people on the go. We originally got a one bed but requested for two. That got resolved. Unfortunately it was behind the hotel near the train tracks and you can definitely hear the train coming! Earplugs are available in the front desk!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for comments and feedback regarding our recent stay, and had a chance to experience our newly renovated rooms. We are one of the original Courtyards built in the country, and have the quiet open space of a courtyard in the middle of the hotel. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location with its close proximity to the mall, free parking, and our complimentary airport shuttle. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Although the room was clean and serviceable, there was a problem with the shuttle service. I was in transit and had only a short time to get some sleep. When I called the hotel from the airport shuttle stop, it took over 30 minutes for someone to answer the phone. When the phone was answered, I was put on hold for another 15 minutes at which point I gave up. Eventually, the shuttle passed and I flagged it down. At the hotel, the desk clerk seemed confused and in need of training. The morning was no better. Although the clerk the night before had asked me at what time I wanted a shuttle, and I saw her write it down, there was no place for me on the shuttle I needed in the morning, a taxi had to be called. I will not stay at this property again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne J

Thank you for your feedback regarding our shuttle service. I was disappointed that we were unable to pick you up from the airport in a timelier manner, as well as, not being able to get you on the scheduled shuttle in the morning. I apologize for the inconvenience that you had experienced. If you would like to contact me directly, so I can have more specifics with your situation, then I can use this as a great training opportunity for my overall staff. Thank you again for your helpful feedback, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity for your hotel accommodations when in the Seattle area.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here four nights and had a wonderful stay. It was well placed for access to all local ammenities and I-5 for easy access to Seattle and all that it has to offer. The wide array of local resturants was great! The hotel iteself was clean quiet (we were on the courtyard side) and the staff was really helpful. They had recently redone the room that we were in and everything was first rate, despite the decor being a bit "retro" in theme. Very comfortable bed! We also used the pool and spa as well. Here, the only disappointment were the postage stamp sized towels they had available; definately would have liked something bigger to dry off with.

We would definately stay here again for our trips to Seattle and the surrounding area!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments and feedback. I am happy that you were able to enjoy your stay over 4 nights, as well as, taking advantage of the great location with its proximity to many restaurants and shopping. Thank you also for your comments on our recent room renovation, it is important to us to keep the rooms fresh and up to date so our guests can have a comfortable and an enjoyable stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again while in the Seattle area.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here one evening after flying into SeaTac. This is an older hotel that has gone through extensive renovations so the rooms are very up-to-date in furnishings and color schemes. There literally a courtyard in the middle of the hotel so rooms facing inward are much quieter than those facing out to the parking lot.

This hotel is located about 2 blocks south of the large Southcenter mall. While a little off the beaten path, freeway access is relatively easy. The staff was friendly and efficient. Parking was free and they do have an airport shuttle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EagleDad
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I am happy you had a chance to experience our newly renovated rooms. This adds to the quiet and cozy aspects of the hotel where you can enjoy a nice relaxing stay away from the hustle and bustle of the freeways, trains, and traffic.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you again the next time you come to the Seattle area. When you fly, just give us a call, and we will be there with the airport shuttle.