“Disappointing”

Courtyard Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Although the room was clean and serviceable, there was a problem with the shuttle service. I was in transit and had only a short time to get some sleep. When I called the hotel from the airport shuttle stop, it took over 30 minutes for someone to answer the phone. When the phone was answered, I was put on hold for another 15 minutes at which point I gave up. Eventually, the shuttle passed and I flagged it down. At the hotel, the desk clerk seemed confused and in need of training. The morning was no better. Although the clerk the night before had asked me at what time I wanted a shuttle, and I saw her write it down, there was no place for me on the shuttle I needed in the morning, a taxi had to be called. I will not stay at this property again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne J
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding our shuttle service. I was disappointed that we were unable to pick you up from the airport in a timelier manner, as well as, not being able to get you on the scheduled shuttle in the morning. I apologize for the inconvenience that you had experienced. If you would like to contact me directly, so I can have more specifics with your situation, then I can use this as a great training opportunity for my overall staff. Thank you again for your helpful feedback, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity for your hotel accommodations when in the Seattle area.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Seattle Southcenter

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here four nights and had a wonderful stay. It was well placed for access to all local ammenities and I-5 for easy access to Seattle and all that it has to offer. The wide array of local resturants was great! The hotel iteself was clean quiet (we were on the courtyard side) and the staff was really helpful. They had recently redone the room that we were in and everything was first rate, despite the decor being a bit "retro" in theme. Very comfortable bed! We also used the pool and spa as well. Here, the only disappointment were the postage stamp sized towels they had available; definately would have liked something bigger to dry off with.

We would definately stay here again for our trips to Seattle and the surrounding area!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments and feedback. I am happy that you were able to enjoy your stay over 4 nights, as well as, taking advantage of the great location with its proximity to many restaurants and shopping. Thank you also for your comments on our recent room renovation, it is important to us to keep the rooms fresh and up to date so our guests can have a comfortable and an enjoyable stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again while in the Seattle area.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here one evening after flying into SeaTac. This is an older hotel that has gone through extensive renovations so the rooms are very up-to-date in furnishings and color schemes. There literally a courtyard in the middle of the hotel so rooms facing inward are much quieter than those facing out to the parking lot.

This hotel is located about 2 blocks south of the large Southcenter mall. While a little off the beaten path, freeway access is relatively easy. The staff was friendly and efficient. Parking was free and they do have an airport shuttle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EagleDad
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I am happy you had a chance to experience our newly renovated rooms. This adds to the quiet and cozy aspects of the hotel where you can enjoy a nice relaxing stay away from the hustle and bustle of the freeways, trains, and traffic.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you again the next time you come to the Seattle area. When you fly, just give us a call, and we will be there with the airport shuttle.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here for just one night because of our schedule but would have enjoyed staying at this hotel for several more nights. The location is great with many restaurants and the mall almost within walking distance. The room was lovely, very clean, and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SueCincinnati_OH

Thank you for staying with us during your quick visit. You will be happy to know that our rooms have gotten better, since we just underwent an extensive room renovation. Although your trip might have been brief, I hope you had a chance to shop or dine with so many places so close at hand.

Thank you again, and hope to see back in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We drove up for the weekend to attend a baseball game enjoy the wildlife refuge nearby. We found the people pleasant, the accommodations clean and very comfortable and next morning breakfast (not free) very good. The food facility is unique in that, though they charge, it is part of the hotel complex; they provide good menu options for all meals in a clean and pleasant environment.
It was easy to access the city and baseball stadium (10 min north) and refuge, (20 min south). A perfect place to enjoy the city without the parking and congestion. Besides, what better place to enjoy the shopping opportunities close by (most of the big box stores) and a movie theater, too. Additionally, it is close to the Tukwila Amtrak station stop and just down the hill from Seattle's airport complex (10 min).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. I am happy you were able to take advantage of the convenient location with its proximity to everything. You couldn’t have said it better when you mentioned to ease of accessing downtown and the stadiums. Whether it’s a baseball game or football game, it’s a simple ride on the public transportation(Metro Bus or Light Rail), which is conveniently just a block or so from the hotel. No expensive parking or crazy traffic to endure.

Thank you for staying with us, and hope to see you again next season where you can experience our newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Southcenter for 2 nights [1/11-12/13] to celebrate 2 family birthdays. I stopped by a week earlier to confirm amd to let them know we travel with a service dog. It was absolutely no problem and I felt welcome already. I was blown away by how lovely the lobby was. We took a quick look at the Bistro in the lobby and quickly asked if we needed anything. We left really looking forward to our stay,

Upon check-in, we quickly introduced the service dog and they were careful to ask where it would be most convenient for us. We got a newly remodeled room about halfway between two exits - very convenient to take the service dog on potty breaks.

The room was very nice, spotlessly clean, and comfortable for 4 adults. The beds were good - lots of pillows and cozy bedding. The bathroom shower had a curved curtain rod and, happily, the shower head had good pressure.

Once again, service was excellent. I did walk the service dog [Max] through the lobby a couple times to introduce him to front desk staff. The two family members having birthdays each thought they were surprising the other and the front desk helped to keep the secret when they arrived. This helped make our weekend even more fun.

Check out was efficient and easy.

We had a great stay and would not hesitate to recommend the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Southcenter - or to stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SeattleKati

Thank you for staying with us on your recent family celebration. And I am very happy that my staff and team were able to make your stay convenient and comfortable for your family, including your precious service dog. I am glad you were able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms with the newest décor.

Thank once again for staying with us, and I hope to see your again when decide to come back to the Seattle area.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Here are a couple reasons why I chose this hotel; first this hotel has rooms with two queen beds and they are very comfortable with lots of scrumptious pillows. Secondly, there are plenty of nearby geocaches and shopping ops within easy walking distance. The airport shuttle service worked out great for us as did the nearby dining. The room was one of the quietest I ever stayed in. This was a great choice for a quick overnight trip though Sea-town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
SEASC11, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Southcenter, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and review. I’m happy that you were able to take advantage of the wonderful room with queen beds, and hopefully it was one of our newly renovated rooms. With the convenience of our location to many things in the area, as well as, the shuttle service to airport, these are additional amenities we provide so you can have a pleasant stay. Thank you again for the wonderful review, and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Seattle area. Come on back and enjoy of newly renovated rooms.