“Great view, fun restaurant”

Patty's Place at 19 Mile House
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Toutle
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We ate here with our 2 boys on a trip to Mt St Helens. The restaurant is quaint with a large porch and both inside and outside seating. We ate out on the porch overlooking the river far below. The food was excellent. They had a nice kids menu and the cobblers for desert were delicious. They have a nice little gift shop. It is a great place to stop to eat on the Spirit Lake Highway!

There are newer reviews for Patty's Place at 19 Mile House

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the perfect place to stop on your way to or from Mt. St. Helens. It is easy to find at the 19 mile marker. It has a "down home" atmosphere and you can eat inside or outside on the porch. The food is good and reasonably priced. It is a family restaurant so children are welcome and there is plenty of space. They specialize in delicious cobbler.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was excellent, portions were a great size, and the strawberry-rhubarb cobbler with ice cream was heavenly. Would go out of our way to eat here again!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

After a long day of hiking, we decided to stop at Patty's which is the same place we stopped at last year during our visit to the northwest. We were absolutely famished and I was craving a good cobbler. When we pulled up, it wasn't too busy so we were able to snag a good seat outside. We were even joined by the very friendly New Zealander that we met at Mt. Saint Helen's. :) But, unlike the previous visit, we were waited on immediately and our beverages came quickly. Shortly after, our orders were taken and the food came out fairly quickly. It was a great improvement.

While I have to agree with some reviews that the food may be a tad expensive, when I go on vacation, I like to taste the different fares of the area. And if it costs a bit more to enjoy, so be it. The food came out hot, the cold drinks were cold, the cobbler was warm. I, quite literally, cleaned up all of my food. I'm assuming it has something to do with our 10 mile hike. So, after observing & talking about the herds of elk out near Mt. Saint Helen's, our new friend and I ordered the elk burger & onion rings. My mother ordered the chicken and dumplings. I thought the meal was very satisfying. And the cobbler, I don't think I had a chance to taste it because of how quickly it was consumed. I have yet to find a place in the northwest whose cobbler is better, as it tends to be my dessert of choice when available. Again, the mountain berry is incredible.

So I'm giving Patty's the full 5-circle Excellent rating this time. The staff attentiveness seemed to be lacking last time but it turned out to be a much more enjoyable experience. We will be back again, if I have anything to say about it.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

When you are traveling in Oregon it isn't easy to find good meals between the major cities. Thank goodness for Trip Advisor which is how we found Patty's Place at 19 Mile House. It was a perfect place to stop part-way up the mountain. The food was great, service was fast/friendly, and the view on the deck was terrific. We really enjoyed it. The ham and bean soup special that day was really good.