“Home away from home”

Cameo Heights Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Touchet B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed at many B&Bs and have to say this was the most comfortable I have ever felt using the areas outside my room. I spent a very pleasant afternoon in a big overstuffed chair reading and chatting with other guests and staff as a new batch of the Mansion's soap was being made.
While I was eating a scrumptious breakfast one morning a couple of guests were asking about wineries in the area. After discovering their interests Deanne picked up the phone and called several individual vineyards and made special arrangements for them to visit the wineries. Meanwhile, Alan was sitting at our table writing out directions for another guest who was leaving for Leavenworth that morning.
The rooms are beautifully and tastefully themed. I stayed in the Italian room and loved the rich tones and thoughtful touches. I peeked into the French room one morning and was immediately reminded of summer in Provence.
I spent a pleasant hour hiking around the orchards and found a spectacular view from the crown of one of the hills. The Mansion has a strong emphasis on romance and I saw several couples enjoying the opportunities Alan and Deanne have provided. One evening I took advantage of the theater room to watch Casablanca on the large screen and munched on popcorn, soda and ice cream bars.
While this property is not inexpensive, it was worth every penny for my three days of R&R and I will return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Cameo Heights Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed October 13, 2013

What an AMAZING place!!! Beautiful, Peaceful, and Lovely. Perfect for relaxing or enjoying the wines of the region,viewing the orchards in the early morning. The breakfasts are spectacular, so hard to choose!! Plus the most wonderful "wake up" call, fresh pasteries (warm!) and your choice of drinks served at your door!, to beautifully decorated suites! And you CAN NOT miss their on site restaurant, The Vine, and Chef Nathan's mouthwatering creations! His pumpkin bisque with shrimp was incredible, NO words can describe how amazing it was! Cameo Heights is the best B & B we have EVER stayed in!! It's a must if you are in or close to this area! Just Don't be put off by the Long driveway up to this haven!

Room Tip: There is NOT a bad suite there! we had the Italian, 2 person marble spa tub, walkin spa showers and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Attended a yearly girl's weekend at the Cameo and can't say enough nice things about the place! Beautiful! Serene! A designer's dream and a vacationer's heavenly rest stop. Alan and Deanne are gracious and the home is set up for their guests, not them. They disappear except when needed. The breakfasts are spectacular and DON"T miss having a dinner with their chef in the evening. Possibly one of the best meals of my life!

Room Tip: The Asian room is the smallest jewel with little room for relaxing besides the bed, but all the rest...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

David and I couldn't have been more pleased with Cameo Heights. As wine and local foodies our travels always include the best restaurants in various wine regions of the world. This was our first time to the Columbia Valley wine region but not our last. Cameo Heights was the perfect place to stay ... The on site restaurant The Vine was better than any of the other top rated restaurants we found in the region. The inn featured local wines as well as local food and Alan was only too happy to help with his picks for best wineries, sights, and directions. The room we stayed in was one of the most comfortable we have ever stayed at with a view to match. The bathrooms all feature a standalone spa shower and large tub with jets. We took full advantage of these amenities! This is a highly recommend!!

Room Tip: All seven rooms have their own unique features but the French room with skylights provides the best...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our anniversary just became remarkably memorable thanks to Deanna and Alan and the Cameo Heights Mansion. Located amongst an apple orchard and vineyard, rich in history, and the finest service and accommodations EVER! We only wish we could have been there longer for there is more we want to experience at this magical place. We want to return as soon as we can :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My fiance was looking for a B&B for me, I have always wanted to stay in one. She came a cross, Cameo Heights. She saw they also do weddings, so we decided to go stay the night to check it out.

I was shocked at the beauty of this house and the surrounding area. When we got our room, again I was amazed at how luxurious it was. We stayed in the german room.

After being there an hour, I wished I could stay all week. It was so relaxing, and comfortable. Everything about the place is wonderful.

They had this cool bingo game that gives you ideas for things to do. Was sad I forgot to turn it in, after ensuring I completed a bunch of things.

It was a great experience, and we decided to have our wedding there. I will for sure will be back for more days.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Alan & Deanna are truly nice people. They have done everything they can to make the experience the very best it can be. Perhaps too much! The dinner at the Vine was outstanding. This is an elegant place for a special occasion. Just be prepared for super luxurious!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Touchet
Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 15 in Walla Walla
Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Kennewick at Southridge

Been to Cameo Heights Mansion Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!