“Soooooooo Disappointed in this Hotel”

Toppenish Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Toppenish
Longview
“Soooooooo Disappointed in this Hotel”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I'm not usually a person that gives Negative Feed back. Will usually just say a very simple remark BUT I do feel I need to stand up for myself and others concerning this trip and our NOT so good decision to stay at the Days Inn in Toppenish, Wa, which we will NEVER do again.
First of all we booked through priceline.com and have never had a problem before staying at any Hotel..If our rooms weren't able to accommodate us when we arrived at the Hotel, the staff would kindly upgrade us to a room that would WITHOUT ANY EXTRA COST. However, we found out right away that priceline had given us a room that would not work out for us. We tried calling the Hotel about it after trying to cancel our reservations with priceline (you can't cancel. grrrr) so we were at the mercy of this Hotel being as kind as the previous ones we have used..NOT SO! We finally managed to get a room with 2 queen beds instead of just one bed, because we let them know we weren't happy with them...The other Hotels never charged us extra. However, THEY charged us $10 extra for each night. (CHEAP!) We sucked that cost up. THEN, AFTER WE PAID THE BILL, an extra $50 shows up on the card!! Called to see what that was all about and they said it was for an extra person in the room! We were NEVER told about that fee either....WHY didn't they say something about it when we checked out and paid the extra $30???? Does that mean a Hotel can come up with ANY EXTRA charges they want to and just dump on your card WITHOUT PERMISSION???? SOOOO NOT FAIR!!!!!! I think it might even be AGAINST THE LAW!!! GRRRRRRR Can you tell I'm a bit upset with the Days Inn in Toppenish, Wa????? I might also point out that we saved THEM money by not making them clean our rooms daily. Guess that didn't count. The only good thing about the stay was the waffles...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Freda W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Longview, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel (and I use that term VERY loosely) was, by far, my worst experience with a hotel/motel. I booked my reservation thru Priceline (have used them over a dozen times for hotels) and this is the first time I've ever had an issue. The management was totally unwilling to work with my group. We had been assigned a single queen, handicapped room and politely asked the deskclerk to please move us to a room with two queen beds. Well...you would think we had asked for the moon! We were advised there would be an additional $10 per night for the upgrade...even though on their website all 3 room types show the same price. It went all down hill from there. No ice machine. I don't believe management will be fixing it. The back exit down did NOT shut! A key card is required to enter, but if the door doesn't latch, what's the point! The rooms were extremely dated...and I didn't step on the carpet in bare feet. The day after we checked out the manager/hotel ran another $50 on my credit card. When I called to find out what that was all about...the clerk had no idea. She asked if we had more than 2 people in our room?! I think any fees should be discussed upon checkout and fully disclosed.

Take my advise and stay in Yakima or Sunnyside. This place is not worth it! They will nickel & dime you to death!!!

Room Tip: My best advise is to skip this place. Really. Yakima is not that far.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Debbie W

Travelers are raving about these Toppenish hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The rooms are large and comfortable but a little dated.. The service is outstanding, but given the location its pretty much doing the best they can with what they have, as mentioned in a previous review the ice machine had a sign posted with "out of order" I stayed here on two separate occasions about 2-3 weeks apart and the ice machine was still broken on both trips and the temps were in the upper 80's to mid 90's. There is a free continental breakfast, local paper and fresh baked cookies in the evening.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Greg W
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The room was comfortable and well appointed. The king size bed especially. There we're a couple of things the hotel was lacking and something promised that wasn't available. We had an ice machine right across the hall that wasn't working, supposedly it had broken down the previous week but I saw no one there attempting to repair it. I had to go to the front desk with an ice bucket to get it filled from a freezer located nearby. Also, the jets in the jacuzzi were not functional, the water was fine i.e. sanitized and heated, but no circulation of water. This also had been dysfunctional since "last week" as the management said. Hmmm... There was mention in the guest services book,(that I presume is in each room) that noted there was a barbecue at the far end of the hotel that was available for use. When I asked for it's precise location, I was told that it was only available to those who had the apartment room at the end of the hotel to which the bbq was adjacent. False advertising is what I believe that is called. The employees were very friendly and helpful in every other way. This hotel is very convenient to access many of the wineries and vineyards in the Yakima Valley. I would recommend Days Inn & Suites highly were it not for the problems previously mentioned. If they happen to peruse this review perhaps they will address them and then be able to deliver on all the amenities which they promise in their brochure/website.

Room Tip: Use Hotwire.com to access lodging availability. Got a very good rate and very good service.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulalip, WA
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed here for over 20 years and never had a problem until June 4th. I made reservations online months before our stay- June8-10th 2012 ...I received a call and the Mananger ran my card for 5 rooms I had reserved for $900.00 I used my debit/VISA card and didnt have enough funds to cover my stay for the upcoming weekend....as we pay with cash when we check in. My 5 rooms were cancelled, I was NOT given a courtesy call to ask if I had another card to hold the rooms. They called me after the Manager left for the day.

very unprofessional.... Not good on the Motel's part....

The BEDS are Hard, the Floor is softer....and the Dang Jucuzzi didnt work when I stayed in April 2012..

We have always stayed at the BEST WESTERN - Toppenish.... Thanks for ruining the best Motel in Toppenish, WA

CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!

Room Tip: Comort Inn at Zillah is better, just saying
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Annie E
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2012

we stayed at the days inn over the christmas holidays and had a wonderful time. the staff were so helpful, and everything was super duper clean (which i really appreciated). my husband and extended family all stayed (we got two rooms) and were pleasantly surprised by the array of breakfast items available. the rooms were clean and spacious, and we just felt super comfortable there. will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Clinton P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toppenish
Quality Inn & Suites Toppenish - Yakima Valley
#5 of 24 in Yakima
Days Inn Yakima
Days Inn Yakima
#10 of 24 in Yakima

Been to Toppenish Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!