“Clean and Neat but maybe not so good for dogs.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toppenish Inn and Suites

Toppenish Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Toppenish
Spokane
“Clean and Neat but maybe not so good for dogs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

The room I had was clean and neat - no smell like some places I have stayed. The bed was comfortable but I do like firm. The hotel was quiet. I did not use the pool but it looked clean and inviting. The lock on my door was loose and sometimes would not open but when I asked it was fixed promptly the next day. Staff was courteous and helpful.
Since I have a dog that will whine if I leave him alone I like having a microwave/refrigerator in the room so that I don't have to leave him to go to the "breakfast". I appreciated having those appliances available - not all hotels have those conveniences.
There really is no good place to "potty" your dog. The vacant spot nearby had Tribulus terrestris (Goat's head weeds) and my dog got stickers in his pads. There is a park not too far away but you have to cross a busy road - no sidewalks - and not something you want to do on your last potty trip at night. No grass around the hotel - only rock.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bothell, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Had an unexpected charge of $50 on my bank statement. I called the hotel and was told it was for having extra people in the pool. Yes, the manager confronted us and we got out and left the pool. Never one word of how that was going to cost us $50...didn't initial any waiver to that effect either...only that we wouldn't smoke in a non-smoking room. Maybe if I had known we would have been charged $50 we would have stayed in the pool all day!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Danette I

Travelers are raving about these Toppenish hotels

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

We arrived at the hotel at 12:30pm and decided to ask if we could check in early to avoid driving around for wine tasting with all our stuff in the car. After ringing a huge desk bell FIVE times--waiting a few minutes between each ring--no one came. So, I walked around the hotel and still didn't find anyone. So, we left and came back at 3:30pm.

Then there was a helpful and friendly person there who had our reservation ready. What else? There was a small indoor pool (which you can see right off the lobby) and the hotel was generally clean. The breakfast in the morning was fine (make your own waffle, cold cereal, toast, english muffins, fruit, hard boiled eggs, juice.) Horrible coffee.

The room was incredibly stuffy when we arrived, but was cool after leaving the AC on for several hours. However, the air conditioner was so loud that, even with ear plugs, I had to turn it off to sleep. Then I could hear the AC from the room next door!

The bed was awful: thin, hard mattress and no dust ruffle or mattress cover on the box spring. The pillows were very lumpy and uncomfortable. Nice TV; medium sized fridge; cheap toiletries. Check out was easy. Very pleasant and organized front desk person.

It was a good location, but next time, we'll try the Quality Inn next door. It looks a little newer and the price is only slightly higher.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Seattle-Luna
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

This was our first stay at this hotel, my understanding is that it used to be a Best Western and was bought by Days Inn and closed for remodeling for a while. Since it was about $30 cheaper than our other hotel choices, we decided to give it a try. The location was perfect--there are several restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations close by, and it served as a good "home base" for our activities. The woman at the desk (I didn't get her name) was very friendly and helpful, our check in was quick and efficient and she gave us a nice quiet room in the back without us asking.

The room itself was a good size, clean and had everything we expected. There was a fridge, microwave, ice bucket, coffee maker and hair dryer. They supplied shampoo, bar soap and lotion. The sink was in the room while the shower/toilet were in a separate room, which was weird, but turned out to be great for getting ready more quickly--no steam from the shower fogging up the mirror, etc. There is free wi-fi, we had trouble connecting and the signal was weak but we weren't on the internet very much anyway. I would recommend bringing an ethernet cable--there is also a hard line connection that may work better.

I only have two minor quibbles: the beds are very uncomfortable--they are extra extra firm and very bouncy so you may want to get separate beds or bring a mattress topper if you have difficulty sleeping. I would also recommend bringing your own pillow, theirs were lumpy, but this has been my experience at every Days Inn I've ever stayed at--for the price, i'll bring my own pillow!

My other quibble is that we were there 3 nights and housekeeping didn't visit our room once. We were on the second floor and removed the "Do Not Disturb" sign whenever we left the room for the day. Housekeeping was always just getting started on our floor when we left, and one day she even saw us leave and still didn't come. In retrospect, we could have talked to the front desk that first full day but we didn't realize this would be a pattern. We mentioned it when we checked out and the woman said that wasn't right and she would talk to the housekeeping people about it.

All in all, this is a decent hotel for a very reasonable price and we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cxg31s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toppenish
Quality Inn & Suites Toppenish - Yakima Valley
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#21 of 24 in Yakima
Hilton Garden Inn Yakima

Been to Toppenish Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!