“Hearty breakfast under a really huge tree”

Shannon's Cafe & Deli
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Tonasket
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Penticton, Canada
“Hearty breakfast under a really huge tree”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The flowering tree overhead was in full bloom when we enjoyed our early June breakfast on the patio. I'm sure its a challenge for the staff to deal with the falling blooms, but it makes the patio area very inviting. We had the pancake/eggs and bacon breakfast--blueberry for me, and huckleberry for my friend. Its a huge breakfast, and quite tasty, but one pancake would be adequate for all but the most robust appetites.
The regular coffee was very good, but I ordered decaffeinated which was just okay. I'm not a fan of coffee served in a tea bag so I've discovered. Next time I'll brave the caffeine.
This isn't a full serve restaurant--you place your order at the counter, find a seat, and they will bring you your food when its ready. If you sit outside and want coffee refills, you need to head back in to the counter. They do have an extensive breakfast menu, and it would have been nice to have it on a menu I could have sat and browsed while I sipped my coffee, but its just posted on chalkboards above the counter.
Sitting outside under the huge tree was the best part, but the lovely breakfast came in as a close second. I'm sure I'll be back someday down the road.

• Visited June 2014

Oroville, Washington
“Wonderful atmosphere and food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is an old house converted to a small cozy family run restaurant. The food and service were great. Can be difficult to get seated during bury times.

Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and home town smiles!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Filling omelets and pancakes stacked with huckelberries! Feels like you are walking into grandmas dining room and even though we are probably "those people from Seattle" the server made us feel like we belong. Other diners, obviously locals, appear to dine there regularly. I can see why.

• Visited September 2013
Prince George, Canada
“Scrumptiously Delicious”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Oh wow what a fantastic place to eat. We were looking for a place for breakfast and happened upon Shannon's. It was a beautiful morning so we sat outside on the patio. There was a huge breakfast selection. I had blueberry pancakes made with local fresh huge juicy blueberries. Best pancakes I have ever eaten. Eggs were cooked to perfection served with great multigrain bread. Eggs were also local and had those beautiful deep yellow free range yolks. Definitely worth the stop. If you r ever in Tonasket, no matter what time of the day YOU JUST GOTTA EAT HERE.

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent good family restaurant”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Great steak dinner for very good price ($11.99). Service was very good. Huckleberry ice cream and nectarine cobbler were excellent. Home style dining and lovely outside under the tree patio table. Do not miss this restaurant in your travels. PS - steaks were grilled outside under our visual supervision. They also have wines and local eclectic beers

Visited August 2013

Been to Shannon's Cafe & Deli? Share your experiences!