“Enjoyed ourselves royally!”

Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South 15th Street
Transit: Convention Center/15th & Commerce LINK light rail station. Pacific Grill is also serviced by many Pierce Transit and Sound Transit buses.
Description: Pacific Grill is Tacoma's Premier Dining Destination. Housed at the Historic Waddell Building in the heart of Downtown Tacoma, Pacific Grill is the perfect location for a delicious dinner, business lunch, Boozy Weekend Brunch or Happy Hour. Past Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chef, Gordon Naccarato, brings Tacoma & the South Sound a creative mix of New American, Seafood, Steaks & more. Enjoy Western Washington's Best Happy Hour in our Bar & Lounge!
Reviewed July 27, 2014

After two nights rough camping, we chose Tacoma as our final night's destination before heading back to Europe. I'd been to Tacoma many times before, but never to the Pacific Grill. My husband spied it from across the street and we decided to give it a try. It was bustling and busy on a Thursday evening (~730 pm) and we snagged two central seats at the bar. Great place to sit, people watch, and peruse the menu. Well, menuS. There was a daily menu, a bar menu, and full dinner menu. Lots to read and worth it. We dined tapas style, ordering a few things and asking them to be presented as they were ready. It was perfect for a small bar space, and we got to sample much of the variety: bahn mi, street tacos, bacon-wrapped dates, risotto balls, smoked steelhead, and mushroom paté. All this washed down with a lovely crisp rosé. The service was nice and friendly, and even though the bartender admitted to not knowing much about wine, he was able to confirm a recommendation from someone in the back and was more than willing to let us try the wine before selecting it. Here's the most amazing part...small plates are 50% off during Happy Hour...which is basically all day, 10:30 am - 10 pm. It was a very pleasant surprise and we loved it!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The food was just ok - nothing to write home about. The serivice was average. However, I couldn't believe that we were asked to pay for bread in an expensive upscale restaurant!

1  Thank Maggie T
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was graciously greeted when I entered the restaurant. Since I was dining alone, I was put at a table in the bar area. I had the fish tacos small plate and then the wild rice salad. Both were excellent. My server Jonathan was very polite, knowledgeable about the menu. Happy hour prices are very good. Short walk from the Hotel Murano where I was staying.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very good, original menu. Wide selection of seafood and beef. The bar is top-notch. Try the the old-fashioned.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We are from Atlanta. We flew in Tuesday and my husband's family flew in last night. They were staying at the hotel right next door and were exhausted and hungry. We walked over to Pacific Grill. We felt a little underdressed, but we didn't really care we were just hungry. Our waitress was super nice and smiled all the time. She was great at explaining the menu and everything came out perfect. The food was GREAT, the atmosphere was great. We had a really good time.

Been to Pacific Grill? Share your experiences!