“Nice Place..”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South 15th Street
Transit: Convention Center/15th & Commerce LINK light rail station. Pacific Grill is also serviced by many Pierce Transit and Sound Transit buses.
Description: Pacific Grill is Tacoma's Premier Dining Destination. Housed at the Historic Waddell Building in the heart of Downtown Tacoma, Pacific Grill is the perfect location for a delicious dinner, business lunch, Boozy Weekend Brunch or Happy Hour. Past Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chef, Gordon Naccarato, brings Tacoma & the South Sound a creative mix of New American, Seafood, Steaks & more. Enjoy Western Washington's Best Happy Hour in our Bar & Lounge!
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We heard good things about this place in the book in the hotel so we decided to try it out. We sat in the bar and decided to eat off the bar menu as during happy hour it was all 1/2 off. It's a good thing it was or this review would be a 3 at best. $15 for half a meal would have upset us but at $8 it's worth it if you order 2 orders.

Cool atmosphere and the people were great!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went for dinner, will go again but for the happy hour in bar. thats the way to visit Pacific Grill. Very busy in the bar. Nice place for romantic dinner but on the pricey side. Great service and nice ambiance. We expected a little better food for the price, very good but not excellent. Parking is a pain so i guess you use their valet.

1  Thank otisscrotis_11
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I enjoyed a delicious lunch and a dinner at Pacific Grill, eating alone in the bar area. The happy hour menu offers some interesting choices. My favorite was the Tonkatsu Salad of chicken breast on a cabbage base. It tastes much better than that description! Service was excellent and friendly but not intrusive. Wine list is weak and pricey.

1  Thank nancyvictoria
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here for dinner one night and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. It was a set menu because they had a Valentine's Day weekend. We enjoyed the special cocktail and then stuck with sparkling wine. I had the shrimp cocktail which was ok but I thought the sauce needed a bit more zing. Although they called it Russian dressing it tasted like plain old tomato sauce (ketchup) and with the prawns it was not that nice. One of my companions had the crab cocktail and said it was lovely, so we obviously have different palates. For main, I really enjoyed the pork tenderloins (though a little more of the mustard sauce would have been nice), my companions had the steelehead and ahi tuna which they both said were fantastic. Dessert for me was the apple clafoutis which was delicious and my companion had the chocolate sundae which was huge and tasty. The service was great and we were seated at a table in the front window.

Definitely looking forward to revisiting the Pacific Grill next time I visit my friends in Washington State.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good place, excellent atmosphere, friendly staff. The food is well-prepared with good presentation. It's worth wandering through the appetizer menu.