“Dinner with Colleagues”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South 15th Street
Transit: Convention Center/15th & Commerce LINK light rail station. Pacific Grill is also serviced by many Pierce Transit and Sound Transit buses.
Description: Pacific Grill is Tacoma's Premier Dining Destination. Housed at the Historic Waddell Building in the heart of Downtown Tacoma, Pacific Grill is the perfect location for a delicious dinner, business lunch, Boozy Weekend Brunch or Happy Hour. Past Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chef, Gordon Naccarato, brings Tacoma & the South Sound a creative mix of New American, Seafood, Steaks & more. Enjoy Western Washington's Best Happy Hour in our Bar & Lounge!
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Again I was asked to pick the restaurant and again we weren't disappointed. The wait staff were Fun and the food was incredible! We sampled 3 or 4 appetizers and they were all great! Most of us got the salmon which was cooked perfectly; one in our group doesn't eat fish and ordered the pork which she raved about.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Took a customer and spouse out for a celebration dinner, and we were not disappointed in any way here. The ambiance was unique and interesting, the service was on top of things without rushing, and the food was absolutely wonderful!

I had the petite filet - wonderfully prepared with a cabbage/potato (?) side that lived up to being paired with the filet! Each of us had a different entre' and all were thrilled with their selection.

I can't wait for another trip to the area to enjoy another dinner here!

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love this restaurant's bar for a date night. The atmosphere has an upscale feel and the bar feels integrated into the restaurant, rather than separated. The tables are a bit tiny, but it adds to the intimate feel. The service is top notch and the food is delicious. The best part? Happy hour lasts from 5-11 every night of the week and all food is half off. Great date night atmosphere and food without spending the kids college fund!

PacificGrill, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

WSUtchr, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your evening with us at Pacific Grill. I wanted to let you know that our Happy Hour runs from open to close 6 days a week. Saturday we open at 5pm. So any other day you can come in for Happy Hour starting at 11:30am.

We hope you can make it back to dine with us soon.

Jacob Rose
Pacific Grill

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My first time here and it was a great choice for Valentine's Day. First, each table had red rose pedals spread on the table cloth. This got my wife's attention. The decor and the feel of the restaurant is warm and inviting. The greeting was fast and efficient. We were seated exactly on time and all the staff that we met were very friendly and efficient. The restaurant was full for Valentine's Day and our food took a little longer than normal to be prepared. We liked the fact that our server came to us and explained the situation, for which we were ok. We had a cheese and meat plate for a starter and it was very good with our white wine. More than we could (or should) eat for a starter. My wife had Steelhead and thought it was great. It looked good. I had Scallops and they were paired with cauliflower with toasted almonds and a nice cheese sauce. Again, more than I could eat. The portions were generous. Desert of Olympic Mountain vanilla and tangerine sorbet finished things off. They have valet service, at a $10 charge, which for a city center location is a good thing. All in all it was a nice Valentine's Day exerience.

1  Thank rogerjm
Reviewed February 5, 2013

While I have only been here once (two days ago), I have no burning desire to go back. I will say that since I do not drink alcohol or eat seafood, I am only judging the place on my personal experience. We arrived early and had no reservation and did not need one. The place did get busy as the night went on and a reservation might be needed if you are going around 7pm or later. The place looks nice and the service was good. The food however, was just OK. I liked the turnip curry soup. The rest of it was just bland. I was not impressed with the steak at all. If I was just going for a steak I would next time opt out for the The Keg and been much happier.

I could see going here for drinks as the bar was lively. Yet, for what I paid for my dinner ($50) I would expect a tastier meal.