“Strip Mall Gem! Great Pacific Rim Cuisine!”
Review of Long Beach Cafe

Long Beach Cafe
Ranked #70 of 749 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Tacoma, Washington
“Strip Mall Gem! Great Pacific Rim Cuisine!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Long Beach Cafe is one of those proverbial "hole in the wall" restaurants serving authentic, delicious Asian food. Their Thai and Vietnamese dishes are varied, well-prepared with fresh ingredients, and consistently delicious. Service is always first-rate. Prices are very reasonable. If I were to be limited to dining at one Asian restaurant in Lakewood for the rest of my life, I would choose the Long Beach Cafe to be that place.

• Visited December 2012

Richland, Washington
“Fans for years”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our family has been eating in and taking out on a regular basis. We count on the consistently great food and pleasant service and have yet to be disappointed. They've always been good about taking care of my mom's special requests (due to dietary restrictions), as well.

My favorite is the the panang curry; it's a rich and lip-smacking delight (and almost nutty enough to border on a good Indian korma). The rice and generous side of stir fried green beans, mushrooms, and onion round things out nicely. After eating there with my family over the years, I've never seen a bad dish come out of the kitchen. The reliable combination of fast, fresh, flavorful and friendly means we've become frequent flyers.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank SDH_2_8
Auckland
“Delicious Thai and Vietnamese food”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

White tablecloths, great food, fast service, good prices, and in our neighborhood-what else could we want. We eat here at least once a week.

Visited May 2012
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Asian Food cooked for Americans doesn't get any better”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Ate here for the second time last night. This is one of those places you discover through on-line reviews or word of mouth. The name and location (in a strip mall next to Domino Pizza) certainly would not draw one in and I don't believe they do any advertising (not even a website). I have eaten at lots of Asian restaurants in the Seattle-Tacoma area, both authentic and focused on the American palate - few come close to matching this one for creative recipes, consistent quality and presentation. The menu is extensive and varied - a combination primarily of Vietnamese and Thai dishes. For each dish the patron is asked how spicy they wish it prepared (along with a choice of chopsticks or silverware) in a nod to American tastes. Looking around it seems everyone is having something different and they all look like they are loving it. The seasonings, sauces and/or extra ingredient sets this apart from the typical hole in the wall Pho kitchen. I was not surprised to hear the owner had been one of main chefs at the iconic East-West Cafe. Each time I am here I see more menu items I want to come back and try. I am not the only one, as most evenings this small place (seats around 40) is pretty full (reservations probably a good idea on weekends). They also have a busy take-out trade. The service is prompt and friendly and the decor is clean and tasteful. The pricing makes this a place one can afford anytime they don't feel like cooking. I even love the little hard candies that come with the check!

• Visited February 2012
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“One of our favorites!”
Reviewed April 30, 2010

For great food, great service, and a good time they really are a nice place. Feels like a family run place. Worth the trip!