“Wow what a hidden Gem”

Marcia's Silver Spoon Cafe
Ranked #54 of 766 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

A bit out of the way but once you find it, it will be on you short weekend list. Small, cash or local check only but home run on the food.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Be prepared that this place is cash only or checks written from a Washington state bank.

The portions are huge. I had the pork chops, which was a tad overcooked. They were not particularly busy, as we got there early. The pot roast dinner was also ordered and it was HUGE and decent.

They had signs up that they are now serve breakfast all day, which is what I will try next.

Average price for dinner of two with no alcohol is $30 plus tip.

1  Thank DolceVitaGal1956
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Standard plus cafe fare. Service was good. Menu had a lot of choices. We had a lunch. Food was good enough to return. Breakfast appears to be the best choice. Plenty of food served. Nothing special about this place, but I would return.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I saw a deal from Living Social and decided to try it out. My gf had a burger and I had a New York strip. For my plate, I chose mashed potato and it was ok. The entree also came with a salad, veggies, and Texas toast. When I tasted the croutons from the salad, I find it ingenious to coat it with their grease which has bacon, fried chicken, and so on flavor to it. That's pretty much the highlight of the experience. My steak was cooked to expectation and nothing fancy about it. Then again, this is a diner and the price is average.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This small café could benefit from a good cleaning. The food was neither above or below average. The door was left open and there were flies everywhere. They have refrigerator in the dining room and the dishwasher was scraping dishes in the dining room as well. Not very sanitary. I was asked by Living Social to write a review of my experience and the owner read it and wrote back a rude response. I work in the food service industry and I know a dirty restaurant when I see it.