“Fife City Bar and Grill is (Still) Outstanding”

Fife City Bar & Grill Incorporated
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm a reasonably sophisticated foodie, having eaten at three-star Michelin restaurants in France, Le Bernadin in New York (said to be perhaps the world's best fish restaurant), and some of the finest hotels in China, just to name a few. Now, I'm not going to claim Fife City Bar and Grill falls into the above categories, but I do know good food and an excellent chef when I come across one. Fife City Bar and Grill qualifies. Really good food, really good prices (relative to the quality of food). I've eaten in far more sophisticated settings (including in Seattle), and the food here surpasses a number of those, and at much lower cost. I've been here a number of times now (including last month), and have yet to have a bad meal.

The setting, frankly, leaves much to be desired....clean, but "dated Denny's." It probably detracts from the food experience itself, as you almost find yourself lowering your expectations when you walk in. But focus on the quality food. Not fancy, not superficially sophisticated, just really solid, good food with some subtle twists from a good chef.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had seen all the good reviews and thought this would be a nice quiet dinner after a long day. It ended up being just too ' nice' for us. We just didn't want to try any new and unusual food combinations after a long day.
Server was sweet and understanding.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

It was nice food . we like their burger and stake. very close to the motel . This place is abit old look

1  Thank Mike d
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Wow! A gourmet chef in a little place that looks like it's attached to a relatively inexpensive motel (but isn't)! This place has the absolute BEST Reuben Sandwich in the Puget Sound region, bar none. And some of the daily specials are truly that....really special. The chef here is fantastic. The atmosphere is a bit 60's motel, but the food is worth the trip...don't let the setting fool you. On Pacific Avenue in Fife, going toward Tacoma.

2  Thank r a
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We've probably eaten here 200 times- chef never cuts corners or lowers quality. It is clearly a labor of love. The fish selections are always excellent - tonight my husband had steelhead and I had cod (fish and chips). It's a great place for a steak, pot roast or pasta. Sides are creative and seasonal. We seldom order desserts, but they are to die for.

The location is weird- between a low cost motel and a tire store and around the corner from a truck stop. The booth upolstry is that 1970's synthetic that withstand nuclear armeggedon and remain unchanged. I hope someday that an angel swoops in and updates the interior.

Should chef ever move, we will follow her wherever that is. The wait staff is personable and they work very hard. Most are there for years.

Try it, and don't let the decor get in the way of enjoying some great food!

3  Thank Sailthtbay