“If you want to be ignored, go here.”

Casa MIA Italian Restaurant
Ranked #396 of 761 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We have been to this Casa Mia restaurant before, but it was at least 4 years ago. We tried the restaurant again last night. We were met at the door and asked to select our table and they would bring a menu to us. We were followed to our table and the greeter gave us our menus and asked if we wanted any drinks. She took our order and promptly brought us our drinks and said that the server would be with us shortly. There appeared to be two servers who were working the restaurant. They brought food to the tables on either side of ours, and they also had time to chat between themselves at various times. However, no one acknowledged our presence or said they would be right with us. After 15 minutes and no coming to our table to take our order, I went back to the cash register area to find out if someone was going to take our order. The person there picked up the phone as I approached the desk and talked on the phone for awhile (I assume taking a phone order). One of the wait people walked by, look at me, but never offered any help. At that time I decided it was time to leave the restaurant without placing an order. My spouse and I left. I left money on the counter for our beverages, and explained that we had been waiting for 15 minutes to place an order and we were being ignored. They looked surprised.
I would not recommend this particular restaurant. We have eaten in other Casa Mia restaurants in Washington and have had no problems.

There are newer reviews for Casa MIA Italian Restaurant

Reviewed November 28, 2010

Pricey, odd salad of shredded cheese and black olives over lettuce, and chickenless Alfredo (except it tasted like chicken). Wierd.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

This is the finest member of a small chain of Italian places that rests its reputations on some amazing gourmet pizzas; the chicken pizza with three cheeses, and one with Gorgonzola Parmesan sauce with onions, basil, vine ripened tomatoes and Balsamic vinegar. The soups are great and the pasta fresh.
The location is pretty airy, sort of strip mall-y, but bright and cheery. It can be noisy. One night we had a wedding rehearsal dinner there and made it noisy ourselves, with the staff showing great patience and care. Highly recommended.

1  Thank TheBlitz
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 1, 2008

The Pizza Sole is REALLY award winning and the ranch dressing is AWESOME!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Casa MIA Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!