“The best kind of dive.”

Vien Dong Restaurant
Ranked #148 of 761 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This place is a true dive restuarant, but they have the best Pho in Tacoma (that I've had so far) and there are lots of other great soups and plates to try. When I get a cold I order the Spicy Beef and Pork Noodles Soup and I'm better in a day. Only bad thing is they don't serve any Vietnamese salads.

There are newer reviews for Vien Dong Restaurant

Reviewed May 30, 2011

I have been going to Vien Dong since it opened. I was an inspector for the city of Tacoma and after inspecting the place, stayed for lunch. It was fantastic. I have been going ever since, about 18 years worth. There is no fresher, tastier vietnamese food to be had in Washington state.

I have, at one time or other, had everything on the menu, and a couple of things that are not. Each and every one of the dinners I have had has been superior to any other Vietnamese restaurant I have attended. The owner and his family are wonderful, friendly people and ntake great care of the customers.

You can't get more good food for a lower price anywhere in western Washington. Vien Dong is among my favorite eateries in the world.

OK, the ambiance is less than stellar, but who cares what it looks like? The food is what counts and there is none better.

3  Thank CommanderChip
Reviewed February 27, 2011

The atmosphere is part of the charm. We always take new people here. We go at least once a month. Any noodle bowl is great esp.#7 and the tofu and vegies #41. We often order extra to take home. Family owned and operated and they have the plan perfected. Great good at a great price.

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Brough people new to Vietnamese food to this place and they loved it. All the food was delicious, portions generous and prices were good. Atmosphere is less than appealing but the food is worth it. I'm still craving the food and now I'm 2360 miles away and there is nothing as good

Reviewed April 12, 2010

My co workers and I order take out at least once a week from Vien Dong.
The food is always fresh, consistent, tasty and very authentic.
I would highly recommend!