“Steamers with a View”

Ranked #51 of 754 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We guarantee the best seafood selection in casual dining throughout the Northwest! Visit Steamers on the Tacoma waterfront.
Kogarah, Australia
“Steamers with a View”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Steamers Seafood Cafe is the perfect casual seafood restaurant to enjoy fish & chips and a variety of seafood selections in the Tacoma and Seattle area. As the true Pacific Northwest experience; we invite you, family and friends to come taste our signature fish and chips, award winning clam chowder, excellent fish tacos, and great Northwest microbrews.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
“Better seafood & service elsewhere”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Luckily we arrived early ( 4:30 ) as the parking is very limited, even though my Aunt has a handicapped card. The large menu is posted behind the cash registers where you have to stand to place your order ( difficult for my Aunt with her cane). Besides the I posted special, my husband informed me after we found a
table by the window that there were other specials ( flashing, moving LEDS ) on the register which the cashiers should have pointed out. My dinner companions enjoyed their meal specials, but my mixed grill was tiny pieces of overcooked skewered seafood. The clam chowder (just OK) was served with dinner, so I ate it after so my dinner wouldn't get cold.
The best part was the delicious huckleberry ice cream; my husband ordered butter pecan but got almond fudge & my Aunt wanted either the hot fudge or caramel sundae both of which they were out of. so she settled for chocolate syrup instead. The view was just OK. For those prices, one shouldn't have to do self service & clean up prior to dessert. Save your time & money.The day before, we had a great lunch & spectacular view outside ( the outside dining @ Steamers was closed for the season already) at Chamber Bay Grill - I'll go back there !!

Maryville, Tennessee
“Nice views - good seafood”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

One of our favorite places to eat in Tacoma. Now that we have moved across country it is a treat we extend to ourselves whenever the opportunity presents itself.
The views are fantastic, the service has always been good for us - I even have a tee shirt they gave me on one of our vacation visits.
Parking can be a bit difficult, but not impossible - if you are in the area give it a try.

• Visited September 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Clam chowder just gets better and better”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Next visit I'm just going to get the clam chowder. Tried the combo (fried fish, prawns, clams) and while they were okay, they were simply not anywhere near the quality of the clam chowder. Fortunately, I again had a cup and it was even better than last time.

• Visited August 2012
Richland, Washington
“Overpriced and underwhelming”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Nice view. Free parking spot. Noisy environment, both inside and out. Soggy fries, tiny fish portions given the prices, and service (cafeteria-style at these prices?!) that left me wanting to leave. Overall, lackluster and expensive. Did I mention that you have to pump your own condiments, as well? Seriously!

• Visited March 2012

Been to Steamer's Seafood Cafe - Tacoma? Share your experiences!