“Unfulfilled potential”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sixth Olives
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I met a couple of girlfriends last night for a not-dressed-up evening. We were going to Crown Bar, but it was too crowded, so we went across the street to Six Olives. I walked in, and except for two tables it was empty. [Should I have seen that as a warning sign?]

It took me 20 min to get a drink, in this nearly empty bar; fortunately my friends' drinks arrived much faster. I was hungry so I ordered the chicken strips with dipping fries. We also went with the chicken caesar lettuce wraps. The chicken was 3 ridiculously overcooked cheap pieces of deep friend mediocrity, and while the fries were decent there were very few -- definitely not enough to offset the chicken disappointment. Meanwhile the "chicken caesar lettuce wraps" arrived, and they were straaaaange looking -- dressed as if with a balsamic vinegar reduction, maybe half an ounce of chicken for each "boat", no sign of any classic caesar-ness. Fortunately the flavor was unique, but it was not what we thought it would be.

Over the course of the evening, our server was friendly when she came by, but we barely saw her. Our orders for drinks took forever .... I am always excited to try new places, and this has great location and potential -- but it's not one to which I'll return.