“Always fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rosewood Cafe
Ranked #47 of 741 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas
“Always fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great soups, and sandwiches well stuffed and well presented. I had a lovely Italian Soda too, but they offer nice wines. I always enjoy this place and return every time I visit Tacoma.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NewretireeKansas

Homer, Alaska, United States
“Friendly lunch with art”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

One of my daughter's favorite with a pleasant intimate neighborhood feeling. Small, with local art and good wine selection. Outdoor dining if the weather permits. We had soup and salad, nice serving sizes so you don't overstuff yourself and kept my water filled. Sandwiches sounded great and the cowboy cookies, too. Next time...

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gurgi89
“A Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I visited the Rosewood Café on a whim. She mentioned the place only in passing only after a friend of hers used the location as a landmark when giving directions. So after some difficulty considering a decent place to have our father-daughter date, she mentioned it and we went.

Holy crap... what a surprise. Don't get me wrong, the Rosewood is small, loud, and a few years past a needed remodel, but the food and service are amazing. Immediately welcomed with smile and service upon walking in the door, we both felt wanted and appreciated for choosing the Rosewood to eat. The attentive service continued with waters, drink requests, special descriptions, and recommendations. This is what you want from every restaurant but are lucky to get at 20% of them anymore.

My daughter ordered the ham with Granny apple sandwich, and I ordered the Turkey with bacon and Havarti. Both sandwiched were perfectly grilled, perfect sized, delicious, and instant enticement to want to try everything else on the menu. They were that damn good! I also had the cup of Spanish Beef soup of the day which was incredible. As a rule I don't like broth based soups, but this chunky, spicy wonder completely turned my head. I could have happily made a meal of the soup and the local sourdough bread.

We stuck around for the cowboy cookie and apple tart for dessert and weren't disappointed. The flaky crust on the tart was one of the best I've had and the cookie, a dessert gourmet's guilty pleasure.

I am bringing back my daughter for more date lunches, and my wife for dinner fare at first chance. The Rosewood is a gem in the rough well worth a vista... and for me steady patronage. I want to run the menu and already plan to revisit what I've already tried. The food and service are that good.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank navswo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Just Okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Members of our family have visited this restaurant several times now--each time hoping for a better experience. However, each time there have been problems with service, serving size and, more importantly, disappointing flavors. If you are looking for neighborhood ambiance and reasonable prices, this is a good option, but don't go looking for good value.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank GlobalStPaul
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great lunch in a good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stopped in here for a lunch with two friends. We each had a delicious lunch, the sandwiches and salads were fresh and well balanced. It's a small cafe--think quaint, not crowded--with very friendly service and a happy atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014